NBC Sports Edge Forums

Franmil Reyes 2019 Outlook

• Replies 633
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I seem to have stumbled into the Baseball Parks thread.  I'll see my way out and look for the Franmil thread.

Will he end the year with more homers than RBI's?

What's with all the hype around this guy? He his ranked over 500 on Yahoo 

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Sidearmer said:

Back in lineup and Renfroe back to the bench.

And already subbed out.  I cut bait already in a shallow league and am riding the hot hand of Adam Jones now.  But for deeper leagues he’s still worth monitoring. Just hope his early struggles don’t mean a drop in the order or a increase in sitting out of lineups.

34 minutes ago, HaloFanatic17 said:

And already subbed out.  I cut bait already in a shallow league and am riding the hot hand of Adam Jones now.  But for deeper leagues he’s still worth monitoring. Just hope his early struggles don’t mean a drop in the order or a increase in sitting out of lineups.

He just missed two bombs today.

15 minutes ago, Monkeyman74 said:

What in the hell is going on in this Padre outfield?

Is anyone going to have more than 450 AB's

Wil Meyers would if he could stay healthy.  But otherwise no unless a player or two gets traded.

They went 100% with Franmil out of the gate and Renfroe wasn't given a chance.  Then Frammil did nothing so they finally gave Renfroe a chance and he hit two homers in last night's game.  It will be dueling bats for some time. 

And playing the majority of their games on the coast or mountain time zones it is hard to wait until line-ups are posted out there if their replacement on your team in ready to start his game back east before the line-up is even posted for SD.  West coast players not named Trout are a nightmare to manage in fantasy leagues at times because of that.

26 minutes ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

Then Frammil did nothing so they finally gave Renfroe a chance and he hit two homers in last night's game.  It will be dueling bats for some time. 

Yeah, those Renfroe dingers are not going to be good news for Reyes....

2 hours ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

Wil Meyers would if he could stay healthy.  But otherwise no unless a player or two gets traded.

They went 100% with Franmil out of the gate and Renfroe wasn't given a chance.  Then Frammil did nothing so they finally gave Renfroe a chance and he hit two homers in last night's game.  It will be dueling bats for some time. 

And playing the majority of their games on the coast or mountain time zones it is hard to wait until line-ups are posted out there if their replacement on your team in ready to start his game back east before the line-up is even posted for SD.  West coast players not named Trout are a nightmare to manage in fantasy leagues at times because of that.

Margot may though

13 minutes ago, kwelch said:

Batting 4th today. Can't say that they are not giving him every opportunity to run away with this job.

Might change after today...can’t give a prime spot to a long swinger who can’t adjust

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, Dr. Whom said:

Might change after today...can’t give a prime spot to a long swinger who can’t adjust

He damn near duplicated(if not exceeded) his AAA production in 285 PA's last year, but 6 games in, we're saying he can't adjust? K's are lower than his career avg, avg exit velo of 97.5, launch angle at 17.4. All of those are fairly insignificant, since like I said, it's been 6 games. He's killing the ball, and the results are soon to follow. If the K rate was 30+ then maybe it's an adjustment thing, but I'm still very excited about Franmil.

https://www.mlb.com/player/franmil-reyes-614177

• Like 5
1 minute ago, mavsfan23 said:

He damn near duplicated(if not exceeded) his AAA production in 285 PA's last year, but 6 games in, we're saying he can't adjust? K's are lower than his career avg, avg exit velo of 97.5, launch angle at 17.4. All of those are fairly insignificant, since like I said, it's been 6 games. He's killing the ball, and the results are soon to follow. If the K rate was 30+ then maybe it's an adjustment thing, but I'm still very excited about Franmil.

I hope you’re right and the bombs start today...

• Like 1
25 minutes ago, johnnyboy8102 said:

Another dud. How long are we waiting on this guy? 

Last year I called him Chris Carter 2.0. When he’s cold, he’s ice cold. The second you drop him, he’ll hit 5 homers in 7 games. When you pick him back up, he’ll get cold again. Best advice is to bench him and then throw him back in your lineup after a good game.

• Like 1

Is he in any danger of getting sent down again to figure out how to hit? It worked last year and they have a logjam in OF

10 hours ago, mavsfan23 said:

I didn't see today's at bats but he's been absolutely smoking the ball.  I was at the game Sunday and thought he had homered twice at first contact. 

Edited by 96mnc
  • Like 3

So many overreactions, look at guys underlying stats before you jump ship a week into the season.

Top 4% in the league in exit velocity, top 7% in hard hit rate (60%), XBA of .347, XSLG of .725 and he's only carrying a 15.8% K-Rate. He wont be 1-fer on the year for very long. He's hammering the ball, has just been incredibly unlucky so far. Drop him and someone else in your league will be thanking you shortly.

Edited by KrunK
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
22 hours ago, Dr. Whom said:

Is he in any danger of getting sent down again to figure out how to hit? It worked last year and they have a logjam in OF

After figuring out how to hit? You're making the assumption he can't figure out how to hit based on a week of ab's? Not only that but clearly you haven't even seen those ab's because like others have said he has been smashing the ball just been unlucky. Please quit fantasy baseball forever.

• Like 2