NBC Sports Edge Forums

Byron Buxton 2019 Outlook

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Buxton is like a Thursday night with the boys. You know you got work in the morning, you tell yourself eh I'll just have a pint, quick snack... 3 hours later you're 2 shots and 5 pints deep throw

Looks hot now....   then you draft him.     

https://bringmethenews.com/minnesota-sports/byron-buxton-says-he-fixed-his-swing-by-himself    

2 hours ago, Team Dynasty said:

You anti-Buxton guys crack me up. He's day to day. Might play today. I hope he goes on a hitting tear...….if so your crow will be ready.

He's been down this road before. A guy with concussion history crashing into a wall isn't a good thing.  They say DTD, next thing you know it's a month.

• Like 1

... Not to mention all the other injuries. It's already been shown that the wall always wins when he collides with it, plus he should have been playing the carom off the wall in the first place instead of running full-speed towards it. It's obviously cool to play hard, but he needs to play a little smarter too, especially with his injury history - he's a great CF defensively and fun to watch run, but it won't mean anything if he can't stay on the field. 

• Like 1

It did not look that bad. His cleats tore into the fabric fence as he jumped to try and catch the ball. He fell down awkwardly on the warning track after getting his foot away from the fabric fence. He got up, chased the ball down and threw back to the infield. But Mondesi was way too fast to throw out after it took Buxton so long to retrieve the ball.

• Thanks 1
6 hours ago, mjb03003 said:

I kinda wish he would just pinch run. 0-0 with 1 R and 1 SB is a beautiful thing. I'll take 60 of those please. 

Agreed. I was more excited about Buxton's box score last night than I have been for any of his other games. Maybe it's because I wasn't expecting him to be in the game at all tho.

48 minutes ago, FantasyFiend said:

A stolen base a day keeps the waiver reaper away

He had a single and an intentional base on balls too. And the throw out of Harper at the plate might have been the key play of the game.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This is his breakout year. He is just taking it slow. Minnesota doesnt want to screw him up anymore than they already have so they are just letting him hit 9th and they will probably continue to do that until he is 100% ready to be put into the 1st or 2nd spot in the order.

Buxton is doing really good... lets just keep quit and see what happens.

Edited by Rippz30
1 hour ago, Rippz30 said:

This is his breakout year. He is just taking it slow. Minnesota doesnt want to screw him up anymore than they already have so they are just letting him hit 9th and they will probably continue to do that until he is 100% ready to be put into the 1st or 2nd spot in the order.

Buxton is doing really good... lets just keep quit and see what happens.

^^^^This. Lets show patience and enjoy his slow but hopefully continual breakout