NBC Sports Edge Forums

Kicker Question...WHIR!

p0k

I currently have Butker as my kicker (stacked with Mahomes), and I'm perfectly happy with that, but looking ahead to week 12 with the Chiefs having a Bye, I noticed Mason Crosby was available who has already had his bye, and outside of his one horrible game has been good. Would I be better off grabbing him now and not need to worry about my Kicker ROS? Or should I stick with my Mahomes/Butker stack? 

WHIR!

8 minutes ago, champy41 said:

Keep Butker for sure.  If drop anyone drop Uzomah.  But personally I'd drop Uzo for DJ Moore, Parker if you can and then just worry about kicker later.

I'm really only holding Uzo as insurance for Gronk and to use on his bye week...TE is a barren wasteland on waivers right now. 

I'm usually against holding kickers through their bye. But since you have Mahomes, you might as well keep Butker. They are a nice stack. If Mahomes misses out on a TD, Butker scores a FG. It's always good to bank on a high flying offense.

11 minutes ago, collucho said:

Whats your record? If you're looking like a lock for the playoffs I'd just eat Butker's bye that week and hope you can win without a kicker.

I'm 7-1 but playing the other 7-1 team this week, and with all my byes looking like i'll be 7-2 barring some really bad play by his players. 

2 minutes ago, p0k said:

I'm 7-1 but playing the other 7-1 team this week, and with all my byes looking like i'll be 7-2 barring some really bad play by his players. 

Eat the bye! Chiefs offense is too explosive. If they play a tough defense Mahomes might drop only 20 but Butker could drop 20 as well.

3 minutes ago, Dr. Whom said:

Keep Butker...who are your drops for Crosby?

I was thinking of dropping Butker for him and then having one less thing to worry about come week 12

2 hours ago, frog34 said:

I'm usually against holding kickers through their bye. But since you have Mahomes, you might as well keep Butker. They are a nice stack. If Mahomes misses out on a TD, Butker scores a FG. It's always good to bank on a high flying offense.

You just want the players that will score the most points. A 'stack' might seem better in your head, but you shouldn't consider that.

14 minutes ago, dmb3684 said:

You just want the players that will score the most points. A 'stack' might seem better in your head, but you shouldn't consider that.

The way this Chiefs offense is rolling, this stack works.

They get in FG range on almost every posession, hence into the RZ on most posessions. If Mahomes doesn't get you 4 or 6 fantasy points for the score, Butker will get you 3 or 5. Hence even if Hunt rushes for the TD, you get 1 from Butker as consolation. This offense is so good that this stack works! Give me any part of it, including the kicker!

20 minutes ago, frog34 said:

The way this Chiefs offense is rolling, this stack works.

They get in FG range on almost every posession, hence into the RZ on most posessions. If Mahomes doesn't get you 4 or 6 fantasy points for the score, Butker will get you 3 or 5. Hence even if Hunt rushes for the TD, you get 1 from Butker as consolation. This offense is so good that this stack works! Give me any part of it, including the kicker!

All of this is just wrong though. A stack in just a thing in your head, it doesn't help you win.

Archived