NBC Sports Edge Forums

Noah Vonleh 2018-2019 Season Outlook

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think these questions are relevant here because we're talking bout the best guy to pick up here. People mentioning Harrell, siakam, I'll throw out Zac Collins too. All these guys seem to be in a gro

Lol. Classic Roto Forums. First quarter RIP. Drop city. Second half,  he's the best player on the team. 4th quarter, ok I'll hold for now. After game, definite hold.

7 hours ago, Markillies said:

Picked him for Dotson

i almost dropped Von instead of Dot.... very happy i kept Von..

Dotson has been playing decent but is gonig to get even less touches once Knox gets heavy minutes.... Von should be safe and very happy with what im getting.

1 hour ago, lacit1707 said:

Dotson has been playing decent but is gonig to get even less touches once Knox gets heavy minutes.... Von should be safe and very happy with what im getting.

Von and Dot :lol:

Cute Knicknames Knicks fans have for their scrubs

• Like 1
1 hour ago, lacit1707 said:

I thought Von was going to be safe when I picked him and and I burned a roto game played to get 3 fouls in 10 minutes and no stats.

1 hour ago, Jake the snake said:

Von and Dot :lol:

Cute Knicknames Knicks fans have for their scrubs

not sure why that is so funny... but ok

12 minutes ago, jrmintz said:

I would monitor, Knox is going to cut into his minutes, enjoy the ride for now.

dont monitor...add now, then drop when/if that happens and on to the next one...

4 hours ago, q6174 said:

Get ready to drop in a week 

I think Fiz loves him and this is why: 

https://stats.nba.com/team/1610612752/onoffcourt-advanced/?sort=NET_RATING&dir=1  

He is never going to score much but he does the little things to help win. 

Knox is being treated as a 3 and I doubt Thomas or Hezonja are going to take minutes from Vonleh.... At one point yesterday Fiz played him the entire third quarter plus the first six minuted of the second, so 18 minutes straight.  

Dude will mainly be a rebounding machine but if he can chip in on defense and the occasional three he'll have some value.

• Like 2

You guys like Vonleh over, say, Boban?  Seems like both will be in the same boat in terms of inconsistency but Boban's comes from coaches decisions and Vonleh's comes from foul trouble.  Has Vonleh always fouled this much or is this something that will correct itself?

4 minutes ago, DoctorLove said:

You guys like Vonleh over, say, Boban?  Seems like both will be in the same boat in terms of inconsistency but Boban's comes from coaches decisions and Vonleh's comes from foul trouble.  Has Vonleh always fouled this much or is this something that will correct itself?

I would always prefer the foul trouble guys over the players who depend on matchups and coach decisions. Vonleh played 35 and 39 minutes in his last two games with  avgs of 3 stocks, 10.5 rebounds and 1.5 threes. hes a no brainer add to see if he can keep it up...

• Like 2
3 hours ago, DoctorLove said:

At least Vonleh is more suited to playing longer stretches and against most teams.  Boban's potential is unfortunately really dependent on matchups unless the Clippers just want to have a shootout with the opposition.

Vonleh has always had trouble with fouling.  He's got problems with consistency full stop.  He's still really young though (can't believe he's only 23 and he's been traded away this many times!).

I think he should be fine this year.  I don’t think Knox will push him for minutes much since they bring different skills.  My worry is next season.  What would be your moves in dynasty?  I don’t see anybody give up anything of value for him in dynasty.  For redraft leagues, congrats on picking one of the hottest pickups(14+).