NBC Sports Edge Forums

Noah Vonleh 2018-2019 Season Outlook

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think these questions are relevant here because we're talking bout the best guy to pick up here. People mentioning Harrell, siakam, I'll throw out Zac Collins too. All these guys seem to be in a gro

Lol. Classic Roto Forums. First quarter RIP. Drop city. Second half,  he's the best player on the team. 4th quarter, ok I'll hold for now. After game, definite hold.

Despite fouling out it's clear as day that his role is solidified in the team. He should be feasting ROS.

Fiz tried to bring him back 8 mins in the 2nd Q with 2 fouls.

Played the entire 4th quarter on 4 fouls.

Whoever's thinking of dropping just because of 'foul trouble'... SMH.

Edited by Espoiral
  • Like 6
3 minutes ago, Espoiral said:

Despite fouling out it's clear as day that his role is solidified in the team. He should be feasting ROS.

This 100%. Basically same situation as JJJ where his production is only stifled by foul trouble rather than inability.

25 minutes ago, Espoiral said:

Nope, can't bring myself to do it. I'll take tonight's game. Can't drop what he brings even fouling out. Second go round for me and holding on this time. 

Some of the conversation around this guy is amusing.  Pick him up from the WW for free, let's say a 14 team league, so basically the top 140 guys are relevant.  Putting up top 50 for quite some time.  Gets foul trouble.  Still puts up decent line.  Drop city?!  Lmao.  Name one better person on your wire.

Edited by StifleTower2
  • Like 2
19 minutes ago, StifleTower2 said:

Some of the conversation around this guy is amusing.  Pick him up from the WW for free, let's say a 14 team league, so basically the top 140 guys are relevant.  Putting up top 50 for quite some time.  Gets foul trouble.  Still puts up decent line.  Drop city?!  Lmao.  Name one better person on your wire.

They'd probably rather have Brandon Ingram's numbers. Most of this board has no idea what they're doing.

• Like 3

Lol. Classic Roto Forums. First quarter RIP. Drop city. Second half,  he's the best player on the team. 4th quarter, ok I'll hold for now. After game, definite hold.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
1 hour ago, Bugs bunny said:

Gotta love it 

6 minutes ago, miasma16 said:

He's averaging 3.6 fouls per 36 minutes. I would have to assume that number is low for a big, if anything. I wouldn't be concerned about his foul rate at all.

Last year that puts him at the same pace as Dwight Howard, Serge Ibaka, James Johnson, KAT, and Myles Turner.  It puts him at a better rate than last year's Demarcus Cousins, Joel Embiid, and Patrick Beverley.  Just for some mental comparisons.  I wouldn't be worried about it either.  He's only 23, it'll get better as he adjusts to playing around 30 minutes a game.   

• Like 3

Small sample size, but this is promising if we're looking at what's to come without the foul trouble.

In the 8 games this season that he's logged 30 mins or more, he's averaging 12/11/2.5/1/1.8 with 2 3's on 49% fg.

Look past the fouls, and you'll see that he has a clear path to 30+ minutes ROS. Choo m'fin choo.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
5 hours ago, HerrMcKenzie said:

His problem is he is regularly (like every second or third game) in foul trouble. I played him 3 times this season and in all three he had foul trouble

I watched most of the game. The Knicks didn't have anyone that could guard Blake without fouling him, including Vonleh. Blake was legit putting most the Knicks F's/C's on the bench with fouls in the 1st half. Vonleh is prone to dumb fouls but it seemed like last night, Blake was just too savvy with the fakes. 

• Like 1