NBC Sports Edge Forums

Toronto Blue Jays 2019 Outlook

1 hour ago, AngelsFan03 said:

False.  As I clearly said May 20:

They're at 0.7 total since that date.

Spin.

Sogard is clearly having a good year, he's DH'd a lot which his value but he did it to give the kids more time to play and Smith Jr got hurt.

Edited by KingJoffrey
  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Pirates are right up there in the bottom 10 pro sports franchises no doubt.  They did however just have a great run from 2013-2015 where they averaged 93 wins and went to the playoffs 3 times.  Marine

Mariners have been blown out of the building more than the Blue Jays.  They’ve lost more games by 7+ runs than any other in baseball.  Let’s acknowledge the biggest loser franchise in sports correctly

17 minutes ago, KingJoffrey said:

Spin.

Sogard is clearly having a good year and Smith Jr got hurt.

It's not spin; it's their factual production by the exact performance criteria I stated months ago.  Smith Jr is a sub replacement level player for his career so missing a few weeks likely just stopped him from falling deeper into the negative. He's played 80 games anyways; a minor DL stint is hardly an excuse.  Go ahead and compare him to Bautista again.

Edited by AngelsFan03

Sogard has a .299/.363/.480 slash line so far, combined with defensive versatility and veteran experience (some things arguable but War can't measure) . His defense is going to suffer playing multiple positions and DH'ing from time to time. He's been way better than expected this season.  I can't believe otherwise.

No one consistently flat, or blown out of the building more in 2019 than Toronto. 

I think Vladdy Jr would have had a shot at instant success in a winning culture; this was tough and should have been part of his forecast. 

Nice to see Gurriel Jr talent winning out 

31 minutes ago, mevins31 said:

No one consistently flat, or blown out of the building more in 2019 than Toronto. 

I think Vladdy Jr would have had a shot at instant success in a winning culture; this was tough and should have been part of his forecast. 

Nice to see Gurriel Jr talent winning out 

Mariners have been blown out of the building more than the Blue Jays.  They’ve lost more games by 7+ runs than any other in baseball.  Let’s acknowledge the biggest loser franchise in sports correctly in the Seattle Mariners and not lose sight of that.

• Haha 2
1 hour ago, craiggrebeck said:

Consistently flat, blown out of the building? mevins31, I hope you watched that come back from 9-2 today. 😂

You’re right. Everything from the other 101 games salvaged.

happy they came back. I want them to be good in a short while. 

3 hours ago, Cmilne23 said:

Mariners have been blown out of the building more than the Blue Jays.  They’ve lost more games by 7+ runs than any other in baseball.  Let’s acknowledge the biggest loser franchise in sports correctly in the Seattle Mariners and not lose sight of that.

You really need to switch from being a Mariners fan to maybe rooting for a great team like the Orioles instead?   😎

Edited by The Big Bat Theory
  • Haha 1
15 hours ago, Cmilne23 said:

If you want complete and utter frustration you could become a Pirates fan.  Complete trash on the field for decades and the front office is even worse than the trash on the field.  How could anyone remotely think it was a good idea to trade Meadows, Glasnow and Baez for Chris Archer?  Even my 8 year old nephew broke down in tears when he heard about the trade!

2 minutes ago, jb_power said:

If you want complete and utter frustration you could become a Pirates fan.  Complete trash on the field for decades and the front office is even worse than the trash on the field.  How could anyone remotely think it was a good idea to trade Meadows, Glasnow and Baez for Chris Archer?  Even my 8 year old nephew broke down in tears when he heard about the trade!

Pirates are right up there in the bottom 10 pro sports franchises no doubt.  They did however just have a great run from 2013-2015 where they averaged 93 wins and went to the playoffs 3 times.  Mariners most recently emptied the farm system for Dee Gordon, Adam Lind, David Phelps, Zach Lee, Joaquin Benoit, Drew Smyly, and Ryan Garton.  They dealt 4 PROSPECTS FOR DAVID PHELPS!  Both these teams suck and it starts from the top.  Awful ownership, awful front offices, awful all around everything baseball related.  Pirates have probably a little brighter future as they have guys like Josh Bell, Marte, Tallion to build around.  Mariners are building around Marco Gonzales currently who’s a 5 starter....and a testicular distrophed Mitch Haniger.  This team is a joke in every regard.  After losing the Sonics I know what it’s like losing a major sports franchise in town, and I sincerely wish this f****** pathetic franchise would pack up and leave.  They’re a disgrace to the city.

• Haha 3
4 minutes ago, Cmilne23 said:

Pirates are right up there in the bottom 10 pro sports franchises no doubt.  They did however just have a great run from 2013-2015 where they averaged 93 wins and went to the playoffs 3 times.  Mariners most recently emptied the farm system for Dee Gordon, Adam Lind, David Phelps, Zach Lee, Joaquin Benoit, Drew Smyly, and Ryan Garton.  They dealt 4 PROSPECTS FOR DAVID PHELPS!  Both these teams suck and it starts from the top.  Awful ownership, awful front offices, awful all around everything baseball related.  Pirates have probably a little brighter future as they have guys like Josh Bell, Marte, Tallion to build around.  Mariners are building around Marco Gonzales currently who’s a 5 starter....and a testicular distrophed Mitch Haniger.  This team is a joke in every regard.  After losing the Sonics I know what it’s like losing a major sports franchise in town, and I sincerely wish this f****** pathetic franchise would pack up and leave.  They’re a disgrace to the city.

Hahahaha

• Haha 1