NBC Sports Edge Forums

New York Yankees 2019 Outlook

16 hours ago, Baseball Jonze said:

Can Nick Castellanos play 3B anymore?  Tigs looked to trade him in the off-season and could use prospects in return for him. 

No he can't.  That was why they moved him to the outfield even BEFORE Candelario came up.

SF would probably love to trade you guys the Panda though, heh.

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As a fan of arguably (ha, not arguably absolutely) the most disgraceful major pro team in sports.  I’m actually really enjoying this Yankee team more than most teams I’ve watched over the years.  When

Damn tough crowd in here.  Some of you would last maybe one game being a Mariners fan before skydiving off the space needle with no parachute. 

Unreal haha

10 hours ago, MrBrown said:

Well, so far this season has been a lot less fun than I anticipated.  Hopefully this team pulls it together, its tough with all the injuries.  Really need to get Hicks back.

Kinda bleak in my eyes. Three offensive starters are out. Hicks will not cure it. 

39 minutes ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

No he can't.  That was why they moved him to the outfield even BEFORE Candelario came up.

I'm sure they'd love to throw in Longoria too

• Haha 2
40 minutes ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

Zip it bud. Just remember the Red Sox are paying Pablo Sandoval 18 MILLION this year 

• Haha 1
4 hours ago, shakestreet said:

Kinda bleak in my eyes. Three offensive starters are out. Hicks will not cure it. 

Yanks offense doesn't need a cure.  Hicks will help the offense and he should be the first one back. Yankees have guys that need to, and will, hit better.  Its important for the fill-ins to hit as well.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, MrBrown said:

Yanks offense doesn't need a cure.  Hicks will help the offense and he should be the first one back. Yankees have guys that need to, and will, hit better.  Its important for the fill-ins to hit as well.

agree.  stanton might miss April like Sanchez did in 2017.  but he still can hit 35-40 homers from May on

Just now, reichl555 said:

I knew that was coming the day they signed him.  Death, Taxes, and a Tulo injury...

Yea but once he made it through ST I thought he could make it longer than just 5 1/2 games.  Especially the Yankees taking it so easy with him.

26 minutes ago, MrBrown said:

Another injury blow. Tulo leaves the game.

so wade will be playing everyday.  do they have anyone they could call up? sign? trade for?  they need a UTL guy who can hit a little now

11 minutes ago, jfazz23 said:

so wade will be playing everyday.  do they have anyone they could call up? sign? trade for?  they need a UTL guy who can hit a little now

Only one on the 40-man roster would be Thairo Estrada.  Not sure if there's anyone to sign or trade for, I'm sure they could deal for someone though.

7 minutes ago, MrBrown said:

Only one on the 40-man roster would be Thairo Estrada.  Not sure if there's anyone to sign or trade for, I'm sure they could deal for someone though.

with we had ronald torryes still

right now our infield is Bird, wade, Torres, DJL.  we dont have a back up infielder.  they have to go get someone now

1 minute ago, jfazz23 said:

with we had ronald torryes still

right now our infield is Bird, wade, Torres, DJL.  we dont have a back up infielder.  they have to go get someone now

Oh man definitely miss Torreyes right now.  And you're right they'll need someone asap.

I can’t believe Tulo somehow survived the killing fields known as the first weekend series of the year.  He actually outlasted Murphy!!

• Haha 3

Thairo Estrada called up as expected.  Only infielder on the 40-man roster that wasn't already on the 25-man.  I'm sure Cashman is working feverishly to find infielders right now.  Like years ago when they went through so many infielders picking them up off the scrap heap.

Tyler Wade has an opportunity of a lifetime right now.  if he can start to hit then the Yankees infield is actually not much concern.  DJ, Torres, Wade, Voit would be fine.  Tauchman and Frazier would be nice if they start hitting.  I don't expect Hicks to be too far away.  They need to play Wade everyday for now, and really hope he just starts to lose himself.  I think the moment is often too big for him, but hopefully he can overcome that.

• Like 1

18 strikeouts, pathetic. Outright don’t like the lineup as constructed. They’ll once again hit a ton of homeruns but too many righties and their complete lack of being able to play situational baseball will be their undoing yet again in October. (if they make it to october of course) 

I said before the season it wouldn't surprise me if the Rays beat them out for 2nd in the AL East. When you don't make any significant upgrades through free agency despite falling well short in both the division race and the playoffs in 2018, that speaks volumes in terms of the organization's priorities. 

5 hours ago, absknicks said:

I said before the season it wouldn't surprise me if the Rays beat them out for 2nd in the AL East. When you don't make any significant upgrades through free agency despite falling well short in both the division race and the playoffs in 2018, that speaks volumes in terms of the organization's priorities. 

Yankee fans know you wanted the team to sign Manny & Corbin. You made that point clear. Without those two the Yankees are 3rd in payroll at $207,550,000. 

I knew your post was coming. Injuries the team is going bad, this is the perfect time to jump in an twist the knife a little deeper. 👏🙌

I won't panic 5 games into the season.  Not when you consider who they are missing.

Didi

Hicks

Stanton

Betances

Severino

Andujar

There are others too, but to lose these 6 players is something 95% of teams couldn't recover from.  Those are all allstar to MVP level talents.  I have my issues with the roster construction (how about a LH hitter for Yankee Stadium Cash), and I'm not a fan of the manager from a coaching standpoint (an experienced guy would have been nice), but the team just needs to stay in the mix until the bulk of these players return. 

1 hour ago, shakestreet said:

Yankee fans know you wanted the team to sign Manny & Corbin. You made that point clear. Without those two the Yankees are 3rd in payroll at $207,550,000. 

I knew your post was coming. Injuries the team is going bad, this is the perfect time to jump in an twist the knife a little deeper. 👏🙌

Now do their profit margin. 

It's amazing how the Steinbrenners have duped some fans into sticking up for their frugality. Wake up. There was no good reason not to sign any of those guys. None whatsoever.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1