Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Victor Robles 2019 Outlook


Recommended Posts

Just did a Yahoo Pro Draft this morning and he went at 82 overall. Assuming the Taylor news was the main catalyst. He should be picked well ahead of guys like Eloy IMO due to guaranteed playing time from the start.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Still batting 2nd tonight even with Rendon back in the lineup

BATTING LEADOFF BABY!

You guys do realise that moving up to 2nd increases pressure on the kid and they might not want to do that to him just yet? He's a young kid who's having success so no need to change things right now

Posted Images

I think robles is fair game anytime after 75. depending on whos there/draft build/league

auction - all the way up to $15 depending when hes nominated

in my large buy-in leagues i have got robles at (127, 95, 106, $13) all done before taylor inj

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, ImHighandInside said:

 

Still sucks, Eaton is old. Seriously, come on now. 

Anybody who didn't see this coming needs to stop playing fantasy baseball.  It couldn't have been more clear for weeks if they put it on a massive lighted billboard that Eaton was hitting 1st or 2nd and Robles was going to around the bottom.

Oddly enough, him hitting 9th is probably the best case scenario right now since he will run as much as he wants.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, KilloWertz said:

Anybody who didn't see this coming needs to stop playing fantasy baseball.  It couldn't have been more clear for weeks if they put it on a massive lighted billboard that Eaton was hitting 1st or 2nd and Robles was going to around the bottom.

Oddly enough, him hitting 9th is probably the best case scenario right now since he will run as much as he wants.

 

Yeah, you don't want that much pressure on Robles this early. Let him climb the order as the season goes on. Might only take 3-4 weeks.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, PhilaFanBoy said:

 

Yeah, you don't want that much pressure on Robles this early. Let him climb the order as the season goes on. Might only take 3-4 weeks.

The only way he climbs to where most people want him to is if Eaton gets hurt.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, KilloWertz said:

Anybody who didn't see this coming needs to stop playing fantasy baseball.  It couldn't have been more clear for weeks if they put it on a massive lighted billboard that Eaton was hitting 1st or 2nd and Robles was going to around the bottom.

Oddly enough, him hitting 9th is probably the best case scenario right now since he will run as much as he wants.

I agree with the SB’s possibly going up, so at least there’s that positive.  Also, if you happen to have Turner (as I do) that may balance the dip Turner May have in SB’s due to batting second.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, KilloWertz said:

The only way he climbs to where most people want him to is if Eaton gets hurt.

disagree he was drafted in most leagues as top 100 player and im sure some after

he was drafted for power speed without taking a blow to your avg. whether or not his counting stats are good/great is just a bonus imo. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, KilloWertz said:

The only way he climbs to where most people want him to is if Eaton gets hurt.

Why is batting 6th such an impossibility? Why does it have to be 1st or 9th?  Zimmerman,dozier and gomes are the projected 6 7 8 hitters.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

If he plays well he won't be batting 9th for long. It's a drain on ABs early on but better off at 9 than 8. He will have plenty of running opportunities batting ahead of Eaton who sees a lot of pitches. Also theoretically should have more chances to steal with less chances of the pitcher being on bases ahead of him. Still very high on Robles. Just about any injury moves him into the top 6, and any Eaton or Turner injury moves him into the top 2 most likely. Just have to be patient for now.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, colepenhagen said:

disagree he was drafted in most leagues as top 100 player and im sure some after

he was drafted for power speed without taking a blow to your avg. whether or not his counting stats are good/great is just a bonus imo. 

I didn't mean his draft value/position or whatever you want to call it. I meant his spot in their lineup, which most people would love for him to bat 1st or 2nd since he's perfect for either.

31 minutes ago, Cesare13 said:

Why is batting 6th such an impossibility? Why does it have to be 1st or 9th?  Zimmerman,dozier and gomes are the projected 6 7 8 hitters.  

Didn't say it wasn't.  It's just that most people would love for him to bat at the top of the lineup, and that's not going to be possible unless/when Eaton gets hurt.  That's what I meant, and wasn't intending to stir anything up in here.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, KilloWertz said:

I didn't mean his draft value/position or whatever you want to call it. I meant his spot in their lineup, which most people would love for him to bat 1st or 2nd since he's perfect for either.

Didn't say it wasn't.  It's just that most people would love for him to bat at the top of the lineup, and that's not going to be possible unless/when Eaton gets hurt.  That's what I meant, and wasn't intending to stir anything up in here.

Man...the internet really takes away all forms of tone and emotion.  I thought of killowertz as knowledgable about the situation and was asking (in my head) in a super friendly way. Alas.....we all just want whats best for our boy (robles.)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Batting 9th isn’t a big deal, when the yanks first brought up Judge he was batting 8th. Give Robles time to shine and he’ll be hitting near the top of the order in no time 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...