NBC Sports Edge Forums

2018 - 2019 Fantasy Basketball Platform Central -- ESPN/Yahoo/CBS/Fantrax, etc.

ESPN VS. YAHOO - Which Platform Do You Prefer?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Which Fantasy Platform Do You Prefer?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

ESPN is owned by Disney (80%) and the Hearst Corporation (20%). William Randolph Hearst was a Nazi and Walt Disney was an FBI snitch who reported directly to J. Edgar Hoover. ESPN’s frustrating and be

Easy peasy. No one should be playing on ESPN. Their platform is about as good as their reporting .    Yahoo isn't perfect by any measure, but at least they're not ESPN. 

Anyone tried using ESPN’s player comparison tool?     What the f--- is this supposed to mean? The stats are just shaded in randomly! They don’t correspond to which player is better

Posted Images

1 hour ago, flippy said:

espn's projections is already up.  

And they are ridiculous.

Ulis 1.6 blocks

Bam 17-3-4 with 0.1 blocks and 1.8 threes

Jordan Bell 0.2 blocks with 1.3 threes

Dejounte and Montrezl Harrell 18 PPG each. Dejounte only 1.9 assists

Jabari 4.8 assists

Covington 69% from the line

Lowry 56% from the field and 97% from the line

LeVert 7.3 rebounds

Image result for stay off the weed

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
12 hours ago, OSH said:

I've been playing for years on Yahoo and ESPN.

What do you think of Fantrax?

The features seem pretty impressive (trade draft picks, multiple teams trade allowed, Override Players' Eligible Positions and many others), but I have no idea how it works.

Any feedback?

Fantrax is great. A group of us forum members run a postseason league each year using it since it's the only fbb platform to allow for that type of league. Features are seemingly endless, including the ability to have (up to) a 68-cat league if you wanted. As far as how it works, the UI is friendly and it's pretty much self-explanatory once you dig into it.

We also use it to conduct the "Battle of the Sports Forum" league draft, which is offline and takes a couple of weeks to get through (4x4 teams of 14 players per owner). Fantrax is perfect for that kind of a draft.

Also, Fantrax auction drafts come with an auctioneer, which is pure comedy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
On 13/9/2018 at 9:15 PM, AndreSplash said:

And they are ridiculous.

Ulis 1.6 blocks

Jabari 4.8 assists

LeVert 7.3 rebounds

Khem Birch 1.5stl 1.6blk lol

• Haha 2

I am not sure if I like the new ESPN layout, most on this thread seem not to like it. Did they change it for all sports? (I only play NBA). I am considering moving to Fantrax, thoughts?

I don't like yahoo at all for some reason but with ESPN change I am not sure if I should consider it.

1 minute ago, markcuban said:

I am not sure if I like the new ESPN layout, most on this thread seem not to like it. Did they change it for all sports? (I only play NBA). I am considering moving to Fantrax, thoughts?

I don't like yahoo at all for some reason but with ESPN change I am not sure if I should consider it.

For my personal taste, Yahoo has the best layout. You have your homepage, then your league page with teams and standings, then your team page. I really have no idea how ESPN can't be able to produce something similar. with a logical structure that actually makes sense. They're just so terrible.

I haven't been on Fantrax in a while, it used to have lots of great tools for fantasy, way better than any other site, but the layout was still pretty terrible. I hope they improved something

On 9/13/2018 at 3:15 PM, AndreSplash said:

And they are ridiculous.

Ulis 1.6 blocks

Jabari 4.8 assists

LeVert 7.3 rebounds

They must have gotten jumbled around where stats are assigned to the wrong people and they are going to have to correct it. The first bizarre one I saw was Joe Ingles at 0.9 threes a game and I thought, what did his arm fall off or something how can they think he will only make one three a game?

But now seeing all of the crazy projections there has to be an error of some kind - I like to look at Espn's projections every year for laughs to see how much they are going to be off on some of the guys, but many of these are just too ridiculous not to be some error.

I haven't tried playing other platforms aside from ESPN's cause my friends prefer it. I just think that the old interface (or what to do you call that) is much better than the upgraded one.

• Like 2

ESPN just update the pre-rank and still terrible

Lowry #11 Derozan #16th Dragic #37 Howard #39,Randle #41 Gobert #45th Wiggins #58 Trae Young #63 payton#66 Fox #67 Garry Harris #94 Mirotic #105th Covington #150

What a joke

6 hours ago, t0087669 said:

Do you guys know how to best export the Yahoo ranking onto a document? Just want to print it out so I'm able to prepare the drafting easier. thanks

I've only ever been able to copy & paste one page worth, 25 players at a time