NBC Sports Edge Forums

2018 - 2019 Fantasy Basketball Platform Central -- ESPN/Yahoo/CBS/Fantrax, etc.

ESPN VS. YAHOO - Which Platform Do You Prefer?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Which Fantasy Platform Do You Prefer?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

ESPN is owned by Disney (80%) and the Hearst Corporation (20%). William Randolph Hearst was a Nazi and Walt Disney was an FBI snitch who reported directly to J. Edgar Hoover. ESPN’s frustrating and be

Easy peasy. No one should be playing on ESPN. Their platform is about as good as their reporting .    Yahoo isn't perfect by any measure, but at least they're not ESPN. 

Anyone tried using ESPN’s player comparison tool?     What the f--- is this supposed to mean? The stats are just shaded in randomly! They don’t correspond to which player is better

Posted Images

It def has been brutal. Drafted first couple of leagues on Yahoo, got used to their positional flexibility.

Went into last couple of ESPN drafts with same mindset. I’m running a punt assist team, and Lavine and Richardson suppose to be my main PGs....on espn neither dude have PG listed....

They usually update in a couple of wks, but damn ESPN get on the ball!

Edited by IDatDude
  • Like 1

Their positional eligibility is garbage.. I play in a league with 14 players but only 7 starters, and some nights I can't even fill the 7 slots because of the dumb positions. Freaking Shaq Harrison has PG/SG tag, while Lavine and Tyreke don't..

• Like 1

ESPN said in the past that they use the official NBA position lists for players. When that updates then ESPN updates. Usually took a month or so. Problem is, the NBA only lists guard, forward and center as positions now.

But really, how hard would it be to roll over last years position eligibility? The whole platform has been going downhill for a while now regardless. 

I really liked the look of ESPN over Yahoo, but with the redesign and the multitude of bugs and errors, I'm thankful my main, friendly league was able to move over the Fantrax in time for opening night.  Guys, vote with your feet and if for whatever reason you're stuck in ESPN and don't want to do the work to manually input the rosters and first weeks' stats to another platform, at the very least make this your last year at ESPN. 

They just don't care.  Why should you?  They even made it easy for you not to care by trashing your league history.  They might as well have rolled out the red carpet for you to change leagues when they did that.

• Like 3

ESPN's design is awful now.  However, I prefer a more moderate application of position eligibility.  Basically if I could get ESPN's positions but weeks before they finally come around to assigning them with a workable UI I would be happy.  

Does anyone know how to contact Yahoo to suggest them adding position eligibility or adding a INJ tag to a player? Their inconsistency is driving me nuts. Some players are getting the INJ tag right away, others won't get it at all although the news instantly say the player is going to miss at least 3 games and when the injury lingers then having a dead weight on your roster with O tag for weeks can be so frustrating.