Jump to content
NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Ronald Acuna 2019 Outlook


StarlinCastro
 Share

Message added by tonycpsu

[Thread for previous season automatically locked. Feel free to post a new thread for 2020.]

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, colepenhagen said:

trout like consistency year to year. 

 

I know you said *consistency*, which Acuña hasn't had the opportunity to display yet, but just looking at the last 152 games Ronald is already producing at a Trout-ian level in 5x5 leagues (Trout still on another level in OBP/OPS leagues). 

 

Ronald Acuña since last year's all-star game (152 games played): .307 average, 39 HR, 97 RBI, 118 Runs, 27 SB

 

Trout's career high in a season is 41 homers (in 159 games played). He also hit 39 last year (in 140 games played). Trout stole a ridiculous 49 bases in 2012, but since then his highs in a season are 33 in 2013 (157 games played) and 30 in 2016 (159 games played). Trout's career average is .306. Trout has two seasons with more than 118 runs; 129 in 2012 and 123 in 2016. Trout has two seasons with more than 97 RBI; 111 in 2014 and 100 in 2016. 

In other words, Acuña's last 152 games played would compare favorably with just any season by Trout since his magical 2012 campaign. Now can Acuña perform at or near that level for approximately a decade? I guess we'll see. But I'm not betting against him.

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, mjb03003 said:

 

I know you said *consistency*, which Acuña hasn't had the opportunity to display yet, but just looking at the last 152 games Ronald is already producing at a Trout-ian level in 5x5 leagues (Trout still on another level in OBP/OPS leagues). 

 

Ronald Acuña since last year's all-star game (152 games played): .307 average, 39 HR, 97 RBI, 118 Runs, 27 SB

 

Trout's career high in a season is 41 homers (in 159 games played). He also hit 39 last year (in 140 games played). Trout stole a ridiculous 49 bases in 2012, but since then his highs in a season are 33 in 2013 (157 games played) and 30 in 2016 (159 games played). Trout's career average is .306. Trout has two seasons with more than 118 runs; 129 in 2012 and 123 in 2016. Trout has two seasons with more than 97 RBI; 111 in 2014 and 100 in 2016. 

In other words, Acuña's last 152 games played would compare favorably with just any season by Trout since his magical 2012 campaign. Now can Acuña perform at or near that level for approximately a decade? I guess we'll see. But I'm not betting against him.

trouts missed time recently. 162 game pace of- 46 hr, 96 rbi, 123 runs, 30 sb, 310ish avg, last 2 years. (would of been more accurate to do a 152 game pace but too late.)

love acuna  not arguing for or against anything. 

could acuna have a year in the future where he hits 50? sure especially with the way the game/ball has changed

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, mjb03003 said:

 

I know you said *consistency*, which Acuña hasn't had the opportunity to display yet, but just looking at the last 152 games Ronald is already producing at a Trout-ian level in 5x5 leagues (Trout still on another level in OBP/OPS leagues). 

 

Ronald Acuña since last year's all-star game (152 games played): .307 average, 39 HR, 97 RBI, 118 Runs, 27 SB

 

Trout's career high in a season is 41 homers (in 159 games played). He also hit 39 last year (in 140 games played). Trout stole a ridiculous 49 bases in 2012, but since then his highs in a season are 33 in 2013 (157 games played) and 30 in 2016 (159 games played). Trout's career average is .306. Trout has two seasons with more than 118 runs; 129 in 2012 and 123 in 2016. Trout has two seasons with more than 97 RBI; 111 in 2014 and 100 in 2016. 

In other words, Acuña's last 152 games played would compare favorably with just any season by Trout since his magical 2012 campaign. Now can Acuña perform at or near that level for approximately a decade? I guess we'll see. But I'm not betting against him.

 

Its a bit hard to compare HR numbers to Trout’s career numbers because of the juiced ball. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, colepenhagen said:

trouts missed time recently. 162 game pace of- 46 hr, 96 rbi, 123 runs, 30 sb, 310ish avg, last 2 years. (would of been more accurate to do a 152 game pace but too late.)

love acuna  not arguing for or against anything. 

could acuna have a year in the future where he hits 50? sure especially with the way the game/ball has changed

 

I had a couple minutes so just for fun I adjusted Trout's numbers (2012-present) to put each season in terms of a 152 game pace, so we're comparing apples to apples. If he played less than 152 games in a season I marked up his stats accordingly, and if he played more I marked them down. Here are his career averages after doing so:

 

Trout: .306 average, 116 runs, 36 HR, 95 RBI, 26 SB

Acuña's last 152 games: .307 average, 118 runs, 39 HR, 97 RBI, 27 SB

 

:ph34r:

Edited by mjb03003
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, mjb03003 said:

and for fun, Trout's 152-game averages the last two seasons:

.305 average, 114 runs, 42 HR, 96 RBI, 21 SB...

I was talking about his last 2 (full) seasons. not this one

anyways acuna has been great. the hype for once was justified. but we have seen players burst onto the scene and not maintain. (correa, Bryant)

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, colepenhagen said:

I was talking about his last 2 (full) seasons. not this one

anyways acuna has been great. the hype for once was justified. but we have seen players burst onto the scene and not maintain. (correa, Bryant)

 

 

Sure. Correa has mostly been injuries, though. And he stopped running (and he didn’t have Acuna’s speed to begin with).

 

Bryant had a shoulder issue last year and is still really good. But he wasn’t the 5 category monster that Acuna is.

 

Fingers crossed, but long term, I think Acuna and Tatis are the best players and talents in baseball.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, 20Duval904 said:

 

Tatis is a 30-30 SS with Gold Glove talent.

 

they’re in the same tier.

 

Talking fantasy, the glove is irrelevant. 

Tatis' sprint speed is legit so I think he can easily swipe 30 bags (same as Acuna) but when comparing the bat, the two are not close (yet anyways). Acuna is the better hit tool and Acuna has more pop.

Tatis has been pretty lucky so far with his results this year. That's not to say he hasnt been good but he hasnt been as good as the results suggest. His xwoba is .339 (around league average) while Acuna is .404 (absolutely elite).

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, CounterPunch said:

He needs to cut down on the Ks a bit but other than that this guy is a legit top 5 talent right now at 21. I can think of only 3 players id rather have right now. Crazy how fast he has risen to the top.

 

Hopefully he cuts them down but he's in a tough league for that to happen.  Strasburg, Corbin, Degrom, Thor, Smith, Nola, etc.  He's probably going to have his fair share of Ks. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, CounterPunch said:

He needs to cut down on the Ks a bit but other than that this guy is a legit top 5 talent right now at 21. I can think of only 3 players id rather have right now. Crazy how fast he has risen to the top.

 

He strikes out 23.8% of the time this year, which is down 1.5% from last year. And he's walking nearly 10% of the time. Those numbers are completely fine in today's game.. And they're great for a 21 year-old.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, 20Duval904 said:

 

He strikes out 23.8% of the time this year, which is down 1.5% from last year. And he's walking nearly 10% of the time. Those numbers are completely fine in today's game.. And they're great for a 21 year-old.

It was just a minor nitpick. Wasn't saying he won't be amazing with the k-rate where it is currently. I was just saying he could improve to the same level of awesomeness as guys like Bellinger, Trout, and Yelich. He just isn't there for me yet as I'd still rather take any of those 3 over him right now. Bellinger had a 24% k-rate last year and he has cut that down to 15% so far this year. There is always room for improvement.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Career numbers hitting leadoff (127 Games)

.310 AVG

35 HR

78 RBI

106 Runs

30 SB

.959 OPS

151 wRC+

.402 wOBA

10,0 BB%

22,9 K%

24,4 LD%

47,0 Hard%

He has 16 HR and 16 SB in 60 games since they moved him to the leadoff spot this season. A fantasy beast.

giphy.gif

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Sine_cera said:

Career numbers hitting leadoff (127 Games)

.310 AVG

35 HR

78 RBI

106 Runs

30 SB

.959 OPS

151 wRC+

.402 wOBA

10,0 BB%

22,9 K%

24,4 LD%

47,0 Hard%

He has 16 HR and 16 SB in 60 games since they moved him to the leadoff spot this season. A fantasy beast.

giphy.gif

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

5 steals in his past 5 games. 18 on the season which is an 87% success rate.  I'm not sure what is considered good, but I think I remember reading 75% and above is considered productive. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/1/2019 at 3:17 PM, NoHablaIngles said:

 

Talking fantasy, the glove is irrelevant. 

Tatis' sprint speed is legit so I think he can easily swipe 30 bags (same as Acuna) but when comparing the bat, the two are not close (yet anyways). Acuna is the better hit tool and Acuna has more pop.

Tatis has been pretty lucky so far with his results this year. That's not to say he hasnt been good but he hasnt been as good as the results suggest. His xwoba is .339 (around league average) while Acuna is .404 (absolutely elite).

I'd rather have Acuna too but keep in mind this is only Tatis rookie year. This time last year Acuna just barely started to truely break out. His K% was around 30% at this point too.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Slatykamora said:

I'd rather have Acuna too but keep in mind this is only Tatis rookie year. This time last year Acuna just barely started to truely break out. His K% was around 30% at this point too.

 

 

Personally, I think Acuna and Tatis are the 2 most “off limits” keeper/dynasty assets.

 

20 and 21 with freakish 30/30 talent.

 

Acuna in the lead of spot is so beautiful 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...