NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Ronald Acuna 2019 Outlook

StarlinCastro

Message added by tonycpsu

[Thread for previous season automatically locked. Feel free to post a new thread for 2020.]

He can't keep up this pace but I'm glad he's showing he's not afraid to run.  I wonder what's changed, he's been in the leadoff spot for awhile and has not run like this at all.  He would have had 3 tonight but Donaldson was hit during his steal attempt but it seemed like he would definitely have been safe. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, buzzkilloton said:

Pick 3 next season for me. I'm taking him over Cody. The steals are just to valuable.

I wouldn’t argue with it. He’s a top 4 pick for sure. It’s Trout, Yelich, Acuna, Bellinger in some order but those are the 4.

And FWIW, ESPN has Acuna as number 1 in their latest keeper/dynasty rankings.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NoHablaIngles said:

40/40 is in reach. How crazy is that?!?

as fun as that would be, there's only 6 weeks left, i don't think 40/40 is within reach. even 30/30 is gonna be tough to pull off but he's on fire atm

13 hours ago, BostonCajun said:

I just posted this in the game day thread and realized it should go here. His hr tonight was his 50th career hr making him the 4th fastest in mlb history to reach that mark. 

Dude.... the pace he's on *right now* puts him at 38/34.   If he doesn't get 30/30 it's cause of an injury.  If this week is any indication he's upped his SB pace too and we all know he's capable of having a stupid good HR week at any time.

Edited by LJJr

7 hours ago, LJJr said:

Dude.... the pace he's on *right now* puts him at 38/34.   If he doesn't get 30/30 it's cause of an injury.  If this week is any indication he's upped his SB pace too and we all know he's capable of having a stupid good HR week at any time.

He's going 40/40 just to rub Trout's nose in it... yup, indubitably! Most exciting player in baseball... and best player in the game for the next 10 years. :wub:

• Like 1