NBC Sports Edge Forums

Ronald Acuna 2019 Outlook

Message added by tonycpsu

[Thread for previous season automatically locked. Feel free to post a new thread for 2020.]

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

After today's big game, here's his updated pace: .296 BA .375 OBP% .507 SLG% 36 HR 106 RBI 110 R 20 SB Anyone still think he's not living up to expectations?

I know you said *consistency*, which Acuña hasn't had the opportunity to display yet, but just looking at the last 152 games Ronald is already producing at a Trout-ian level in 5x5 leagues (Trout stil

Since last year’s ASG (152 Games) .307 AVG 39 HR 97 RBI 118 Runs 27 SB 10,2 BB% 22,4 K% 148 wRC+ 6.5 WAR      

Posted Images

The greatest player of all time stole his daily bag, and destroyed Segura... (Looked BAD, as Acuna's left shoulder hit Segura's left shin that was planted... almost like a dislocation kinda thing... BUUUUUTTTTT, Acuna is apparently half Chuck Noris so it was Segura who limped off the field and w/ any luck Acuna will get a lil shoulder rub and be aight!) He's on an absolute tear w/ the SB's, and very much in consideration for #1 overall if he's going to swipe 50+ bags for the next few years out of the leadoff spot! :wub:

Edited by LarryChip10
  • Like 1

I wouldn't scare people by using the word dislocation.  He was moving his arm around perfectly fine above his head and rotating it afterward. Also, it was more the top of his helmet hitting Segura's knee causing Acuna's neck to bend awkwardly. He's in the dugout right now with the trainer pointing to his neck. He looks like he's leaving the game right now. I imagine it's just precautionary. 

Edited by BostonCajun
  • Like 1
3 minutes ago, BostonCajun said:

I wouldn't scare people by using the word dislocation.  He was moving his arm around perfectly fine above his head and rotating it afterward. Also, it was more the top of his helmet hitting Segura's knee causing Acuna's neck to bend awkwardly. He's in the dugout right now with the trainer pointing to his neck. He looks like he's leaving the game right now. 

I wasn't trying to scare, just that he overslid 2'nd base and came to an abrupt stop via Segura's shin... It was the kinda play older guys get hurt on, but alas... our super human Acuna seems like he will be fine. Thank God! (Kinda like a football "stinger" when you get your neck/shoulder tweaked in a collision.) Some deep tissue massages should fix him right up! 

Edited by LarryChip10
8 minutes ago, Hatfieldodger said:

Great! Now he is listed as DTD. Fml

Only because he was removed from the game for neck stiffness. I imagine it was just them being careful. 

• Like 1
51 minutes ago, Hatfieldodger said:

Great! Now he is listed as DTD. Fml

Fingers crossed, but it seems precautionary.

Collided with Segura on a SB. Caught a knee in the neck/shoulder area. He stayed in the game and then came out with “neck stiffness” with the game largely out of hand anyway.

• Like 1
12 hours ago, Marty Funkhouser said:

A 25/25 season already with a full two months to go. I didn’t expect this much so quickly. Pretty incredible.

The only players to have a 25/25 season at age 21:

Mike Trout (2x)

Andruw Jones

Ronald Acuna Jr.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, 4catztoomany said:
  1. Inching closer to that 30/30 mark.  35/35 maybe? 40 home runs is within reach. 

He's 30/30 for sure.  I think 35/35 is realistic... And he'll have a 40/40 season at some point, maybe even next year.  Remember he rarely ran for the first two months of the season this year.

9 hours ago, 20Duval904 said:

He's 30/30 for sure.  I think 35/35 is realistic... And he'll have a 40/40 season at some point, maybe even next year.  Remember he rarely ran for the first two months of the season this year.

And he's not really a beneficiary of these juiced balls.  He obliterates every ball so the HR total won't come down too much if they fix the ball next year.  

1 hour ago, 4catztoomany said:

And he's not really a beneficiary of these juiced balls.  He obliterates every ball so the HR total won't come down too much if they fix the ball next year.  

It's funny but true. I rarely see him hit a HR into the first row. 

47 minutes ago, 4catztoomany said:

You've gotta think he's going to reach 40 home runs.  Perhaps 40/35 is what he will finish with.  Up to 28/26 on the season. 

40/40 would be so cool. I think he can get there... he will have to run like wild though

On 8/7/2019 at 6:38 AM, The Trop said:

Now leading the NL in runs and SB's.  Has a chance to make the NL MVP a three horse race...

NL race is crazy this year.  Yelich, Bellinger, Acuna, Freeman all very deserving.  And it will probably be Yeli and Belli running away with votes.

Oh, and here's what Acuña has done over his last 58 games, projected to 162 games (hope that makes sense).

.311 / .389 / .578

54 homers

115 RBI

162 R

54 SB

So Acuña is either #1 or #2 in your keeper/dynasty league along with Trout and he's going to go #3 in redraft leagues next year behind Trout and Yelich.

• Like 1