Jump to content
NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Ronald Acuna 2019 Outlook


StarlinCastro
 Share

Message added by tonycpsu

[Thread for previous season automatically locked. Feel free to post a new thread for 2020.]

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, BostonCajun said:

 

Call me overly optimistic but I’m really not concerned about regression. We all watched his numbers get better every time he was promoted through the minors. Then when he was promoted to the majors he just picked up where he left off. He has passed every eye test IMO.

Where I may differ from some is in my expectations for stolen bases. Hitting lead off for much of last year he stole 16 bags in 433 ABs. While that’s good it’s not indicative of him being a 30+ SB guy. So over a full season even if he were leading off I wouldn’t really expect more than 25. That being said I think 15, even in the cleanup spot, is a safe expectation for him this year with the possibility for more. I just don’t see Snitker stopping him from running if the opportunity presents itself just because he’s hitting 4th. His speed is too valuable and this young team thrived last year when he, Albies and Inciarte were running. 

My projection for him this year is .287/.360/.545 96/33/108/18. 

Once Donaldson gets hurt again he will move back up in the order you think?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, cdd10 said:

Once Donaldson gets hurt again he will move back up in the order you think?

 

Yeah I could see him sliding into the 2 spot and Markakis to the 4 if Donaldson gets hurt. I actually really like Donaldson this year though and wouldn’t be shocked if he played 145+ games. I’ve watched a few games he’s played in this spring and he looks a lot better running than he did the last two seasons.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, BostonCajun said:

 

Yeah I could see him sliding into the 2 spot and Markakis to the 4 if Donaldson gets hurt. I actually really like Donaldson this year though and wouldn’t be shocked if he played 145+ games. I’ve watched a few games he’s played in this spring and he looks a lot better running than he did the last two seasons.

good, that's great news on Donaldson. I hope he doesn't end up being a dumpster fire for us. Anyway, lookin forward to seeing Acuna smash even though I own no shares currently :(

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, cdd10 said:

good, that's great news on Donaldson. I hope he doesn't end up being a dumpster fire for us. Anyway, lookin forward to seeing Acuna smash even though I own no shares currently :(

 

How as a Braves fan and the fact that you are on this site with quality valuable information to pick/draft potential upside players and you own no share of Acuña Matata? 

 

Related image

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, AF25 said:

 

How as a Braves fan and the fact that you are on this site with quality valuable information to pick/draft potential upside players and you own no share of Acuña Matata? 

 

Related image

lol I've only done 2 drafts this year and i picked Arenado at the 9 spot (Best Ball) and JRam at the 4 spot in another.  I'm sure I will get some shares soon. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, RolandoRoomes said:

Braves fan here, love Acuna, just love him!!! But in fantasy, is anyone worried about pulling a "97 Arod"?

 

For those not in the know just check out Arod's stats and the 97 season

 

 

No. I happily clicked on his name followed by the ‘Draft’ button without once thinking about Arod’s 97 season. It’s fantasy baseball. Everyone in the first round, perhaps even Mike Trout, has the possibility of putting up disappointing numbers. And no one would lose their league if he put up those numbers from ‘97 (23/100/84/29/.300).

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, meh2 said:

No. I happily clicked on his name followed by the ‘Draft’ button without once thinking about Arod’s 97 season. It’s fantasy baseball. Everyone in the first round, perhaps even Mike Trout, has the possibility of putting up disappointing numbers. And no one would lose their league if he put up those numbers from ‘97 (23/100/84/29/.300).

 

Ah, I think Trout has more of a track record.........

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/16/2019 at 7:48 AM, RolandoRoomes said:

Braves fan here, love Acuna, just love him!!! But in fantasy, is anyone worried about pulling a "97 Arod"?

 

For those not in the know just check out Arod's stats and the 97 season

 

 

 

 

I assume you mean just a regression like Arod had. Sure I can see that. Drafters expecting 30 steals are just either dumb or not following things and folks expecting 30-35 HR might be disappointing when he has right under 30.

 

I get the comparison I guess

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Being an AL guy, only saw Acuna on highlights most of the time, thought wow what a young talent.

 

Well, last night just spent 1 hour watching all AB's and came to this conclusion. Keep in mind I hate the Braves and could care less about the NL.

 

Ronald Acuna JR. is the closest thing to Hank Aaron I have seen in years and years of watching baseball, falt out! His swing is so much like Hank's it is uncanny. I do not see how he does not hit 35-40 HR every single year of his career with great numbers across the board

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, CharlesHustle said:

Being an AL guy, only saw Acuna on highlights most of the time, thought wow what a young talent.

 

Well, last night just spent 1 hour watching all AB's and came to this conclusion. Keep in mind I hate the Braves and could care less about the NL.

 

Ronald Acuna JR. is the closest thing to Hank Aaron I have seen in years and years of watching baseball, falt out! His swing is so much like Hank's it is uncanny. I do not see how he does not hit 35-40 HR every single year of his career with great numbers across the board

 

Image result for i just went from six to midnight gif

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, CharlesHustle said:

Being an AL guy, only saw Acuna on highlights most of the time, thought wow what a young talent.

 

Well, last night just spent 1 hour watching all AB's and came to this conclusion. Keep in mind I hate the Braves and could care less about the NL.

 

Ronald Acuna JR. is the closest thing to Hank Aaron I have seen in years and years of watching baseball, falt out! His swing is so much like Hank's it is uncanny. I do not see how he does not hit 35-40 HR every single year of his career with great numbers across the board

 

Hard to put much stock into your lofty comparison when you admittedly don't even watch the kid play...

 

Many people in this thread have followed him for multiple years now and are well aware of his perceived ceiling. But thank god someone that watched his highlights loves him!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, blinkfan77 said:

 

Hard to put much stock into your lofty comparison when you admittedly don't even watch the kid play...

 

Many people in this thread have followed him for multiple years now and are well aware of his perceived ceiling. But thank god someone that watched his highlights loves him!

I wouldn't put much stock into your projections either because you're a blink fan

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, CharlesHustle said:

The prognosticators are way to low on the BA for Acuna. I think 290 is a floor this year with a 50/50 shot at 300-310, no joke!

 

Huge Acuna fan but I’d have to say that your floor is his ceiling and I’m thinking his floor is  265-270. But love the hype!!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, ImHighandInside said:

 

Huge Acuna fan but I’d have to say that your floor is his ceiling and I’m thinking his floor is  265-270. But love the hype!!!

 

Sir, I will say you are wrong. Go watch him in person 14 times in the minors and in pro games, study his swing, his underlying numbers, watch him this spring, read about a few adjustments, compare him to the past 30 years vs similar players and the numbers. Watch him adjust during AB's vs the best pitchers in the game.

 

I am right, simply put, not more to say, you agree or you do not, that is your call

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, CharlesHustle said:

 

Sir, I will say you are wrong. Go watch him in person 14 times in the minors and in pro games, study his swing, his underlying numbers, watch him this spring, read about a few adjustments, compare him to the past 30 years vs similar players and the numbers. Watch him adjust during AB's vs the best pitchers in the game.

 

I am right, simply put, not more to say, you agree or you do not, that is your call

What stands out to me out of anything about this kid is his  adjustments.  At his age to adjust the way he does, he is and will be a very special player.  People can say sophomore slump all they want but I just don’t see it.  This kid is the real deal right now.

Edited by reichl555
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, kidtwentytwo said:

probably the OD lineup

 

That's a pretty dangerous looking lineup. I love RBI potential with those 3 hitting on front of him. I still think Acuna steals 20 hitting cleanup. This is going to be a fun year! 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...