NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Ronald Acuna 2019 Outlook

StarlinCastro

Message added by tonycpsu

[Thread for previous season automatically locked. Feel free to post a new thread for 2020.]

56 minutes ago, Sine_cera said:

BB% all the way up to 18,3%

K% down to 18,3%

SwStr% down to 8,3%.

Oh and he's also still doing this....

He's an absolute joy to watch (and own in fantasy!). Here's to the next decade of dominance from this kid...

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Members_Only_76 said:

if they'd move him up the lineup, we'd get more production. hate him at cleanup

I've been thinking the same, the last few days.  Markakis is hardly adequate protection.  And, he was absolute fire, when hitting lead off last year.  Not to mention, he ran a lot more.

• Like 1

Just now, Goatstain3 said:

I've been thinking the same, the last few days.  Markakis is hardly adequate protection.  And, he was absolute fire, when hitting lead off last year.  Not to mention, he ran a lot more.

The funny thing with the whole lineup construction is that last year he KILLED it at leadoff (328/409/634 19 HR 14 SB 19 2b+3b and 54 runs in 66 games) and stated he preferred to leadoff, only to the get moved off that spot whereas Donaldson came in, after barely playing in 18, never playing in the NL and stated hes most comfortable at 2, and gets to bat 2nd, all the time.

I get the idea that Acuna's bat and power can be more disruptive at 4, but at the same time I love the idea of a leadoff guy who does it all, his for avg, gets on base, runs, and can ambush the pitcher to open a game with lead off power. The last thing i want is getting out of the first inning with one of my 3 best hitters not having had a chance to bat, and thats what we get now when he hits 4 with, and even worse as you said with no real hard threat behind him at 5. 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, dzemens said:

The funny thing with the whole lineup construction is that last year he KILLED it at leadoff (328/409/634 19 HR 14 SB 19 2b+3b and 54 runs in 66 games) and stated he preferred to leadoff, only to the get moved off that spot whereas Donaldson came in, after barely playing in 18, never playing in the NL and stated hes most comfortable at 2, and gets to bat 2nd, all the time.

I get the idea that Acuna's bat and power can be more disruptive at 4, but at the same time I love the idea of a leadoff guy who does it all, his for avg, gets on base, runs, and can ambush the pitcher to open a game with lead off power. The last thing i want is getting out of the first inning with one of my 3 best hitters not having had a chance to bat, and thats what we get now when he hits 4 with, and even worse as you said with no real hard threat behind him at 5. 

While different players, there were similar issues with Springer in Houston.  He bounced around various places in their lineup.  Batting avg, was god awful.  Moved him to the leadoff spot, and he was a house of fire.  Some of these egomaniacs (managers) need to realize, not all moves require adequate rationale.  Sometimes, things don't make sense.  They defy logic.  They just work.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Goatstain3 said:

While different players, there were similar issues with Springer in Houston.  He bounced around various places in their lineup.  Batting avg, was god awful.  Moved him to the leadoff spot, and he was a house of fire.  Some of these egomaniacs (managers) need to realize, not all moves require adequate rationale.  Sometimes, things don't make sense.  They defy logic.  They just work.  

What defies logic is not having your best hitter come to the plate as many times as possible!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, RoadApple said:

Ice Cold.

.192 in his last 7 games and I dont remember his last Home Run. Tough customer on the mound tonight too (Paddack).

Braves won't wake up and move him up the lineup, leadoff would be cool for obvious reasons but even 2 or 3 would be better than 4th it seems right now anyway.

Okay, this kid is in a mini slump right now.  You think Snitker would bump him up to switch things a round a little bit. Let him bat leadoff and run wild on the bases.  Get his blood flowing a little bit. Change is good sometimes. 

1 hour ago, reichl555 said:

Okay, this kid is in a mini slump right now.  You think Snitker would bump him up to switch things a round a little bit. Let him bat leadoff and run wild on the bases.  Get his blood flowing a little bit. Change is good sometimes. 

Albies is doing well there, I'd like to see Acuna bat 2nd and move Swanson down lower in the lineup where he belongs.