NBC Sports Edge Forums

Kevin Huerter 2018-19 Season Outlook

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Gotta say, I thew him in the ole' lineup hoping he could keep it going. I did watch a little bit of the game. He started off firing, missed his first 2 shots. Then proceeded to not even touch the ball

Shut down a 21 years player that is the future of the Hawks LOL   Come on, you can't be serious.

Took me a minute to realize Huerter has a shirt on in this photo

Posted Images

54 minutes ago, bsu27 said:

Is this guy a ROS add? or will it come back once Lin etc come back? 

Definitely ROS, I think top 100 will be his floor end of year ranking.  He's gotten solid minutes all year, even when he's been tentative, but they've really taken off lately and that's over guys like Bazemore and Bembry, Lin's minutes are more dependent on Trae sucking.  His advanced metrics have been great all year and they clearly view Trae, Collins, and Huerter as their future core.  He can help in every single category and as his teammates get more comfortable with him he'll get more shots and chances to run offense because he's so damn efficient.  The Hawks may have made a mistake taking Trae, but they knocked it out the park by grabbing Huerter with their 2nd 1st rounder.  He's got some Khris Middleton/Gordon Hayward to his game

• Like 2
On 12/5/2018 at 1:51 PM, unclebengi said:

almost picked him up in multiple weekly leagues this week, then changed my mind, then Prince goes down...hopefully he doesn't have a breakout game this week because I'm planning on adding him everywhere on Sunday.  I think Bazemore has a good chance to get traded and Huerter has a good chance to be a top 80/90 player after the all-star break even if he doesn't.  I think he has the potential to be a better add than Okobo, Melton, Derrick White types especially in roto formats.

Had to quote myself because my plan to add him everywhere worked effing splendidly.  No more than $25 FAAB in any league, dudes are kicking themselves right now.

I'm not worried about Prince either, he was already falling out of favor with Pierce.  Huerter is the future and ATL is fully committed to playing the core I mentioned earlier as much as possible.  Prince isn't in the long term core IMO.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Supersonics said:

Dannnng I wish Atlanta had a better playoff schedule for h2h

I don't think that should be a concern for a waiver pickup in early December.  If he's really good enough to stick on your roster the whole year, try to trade him in Feb.

• Like 1
17 hours ago, unclebengi said:

Definitely ROS, I think top 100 will be his floor end of year ranking.  He's gotten solid minutes all year, even when he's been tentative, but they've really taken off lately and that's over guys like Bazemore and Bembry, Lin's minutes are more dependent on Trae sucking.  His advanced metrics have been great all year and they clearly view Trae, Collins, and Huerter as their future core.  He can help in every single category and as his teammates get more comfortable with him he'll get more shots and chances to run offense because he's so damn efficient.  The Hawks may have made a mistake taking Trae, but they knocked it out the park by grabbing Huerter with their 2nd 1st rounder.  He's got some Khris Middleton/Gordon Hayward to his game

I agree with everything except the Trae Young take... I feel like y'all are giving up too soon on Trae Young, let him develop! 

It's not that I think Trae won't/can't be a good player, I said he's in their future core and he should be.  I said they made a mistake because they didn't take Luka, or JJJ for that matter.  Put either of those guys on the Hawks instead of Trae and their present and future is much brighter.

• Like 2
6 hours ago, MrBean said:

i think this kid is the real deal 🤔

Absolutely.

Foundationally sound: shooter and playmaker, and hustles very hard on the defensive end. He’s very well rounded and his stats line have been showing flashes of everything in the toolbox. Only thing I was worried about was the offensive consistency and it seems he’s finally getting that clicking. 

Mins’s are Huerter’s to lose, def should be starting with Prince back.

They even are starting to set up more plays for him (see below)

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.peachtreehoops.com/platform/amp/2018/12/10/18132623/atlanta-hawks-chest-stack-exit-series-kevin-huerter-lloyd-pierce-nba-playbook

I added him in every single one of my leagues, all in on this kid. I can DEF see why the Hawks view him as the Klay to trae’s Steph lol.

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, unclebengi said:

It's not that I think Trae won't/can't be a good player, I said he's in their future core and he should be.  I said they made a mistake because they didn't take Luka, or JJJ for that matter.  Put either of those guys on the Hawks instead of Trae and their present and future is much brighter.

To compare Trae to JJJ is unfair because JJJ is more of a project than Trae is... sure, his ceiling is very high (probably higher than Trae's), but he's not a better player right now... 

As for Doncic, hes gonna be a great player and he's definitely a better player than Trae right now... However, people seem to have amnesia when it comes to the full trade package. The Hawks received a 2019 1st Round Pick from the Mavs in that deal without much protection. If they get a potential superstar with that selection, how would it be a bad trade? We should all learn from the Brooklyn-Boston trade from years ago which involved Paul Pierce, KG and them... a lot of people thought at the time that the Nets fleeced the Celtics. However, people realized that it was the other way around. The Celtics fleeced the Nets! We cant officially say if the trade was bad. I think its just another lame excuse to hate Trae Young...