NBC Sports Edge Forums

Mallex Smith 2019 Outlook

I just heard Jerry Dipoto on the radio just now. He said Mallex has been working with not only Mike Cameron but also Ichiro on both sides of the ball. They were able to zone in on a few of his various tendencies. Let's all hope he learned some good knowledge from both of them.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yes, the guy who hit: .238 over 189 AB in 2016 .270 over 256 in 2017 .298 over 480 in 2018 and has hit .264 for his career in the majors while including this year's stats can't hit

Welcome to baseball hell young man.  You thought playing in front of 17 people in Tampa was bad?  Wait until you don’t sniff the playoffs your whole career.  Hope you can get out of here sooner than l

I also got Ichiro's autograph at tonight's game but go Mallex!

2 hours ago, kingdavid206 said:

I just heard Jerry Dipoto on the radio just now. He said Mallex has been working with not only Mike Cameron but also Ichiro on both sides of the ball. They were able to zone in on a few of his various tendencies. Let's all hope he learned some good knowledge from both of them.

tenor.gif

• Like 2
Just now, DJSatane said:

batting 9th, jeez 

How about bombsauce?

• Like 1

Good to see him back and no K's for his first game outing.  Between Gordon and Smith who do you see getting more SB's ROS?  Not sure how many swipes he'll get out of the 9th spot but I'd assume if he hits decent he will rise higher in the batting order.

2 hours ago, cizastro said:

Good to see him back and no K's for his first game outing.  Between Gordon and Smith who do you see getting more SB's ROS?  Not sure how many swipes he'll get out of the 9th spot but I'd assume if he hits decent he will rise higher in the batting order.

I'm not sure I understand this logic? Maybe someone can explain why he wouldn't steal from the 9 spot?

15 minutes ago, JoeSas said:

I'm not sure I understand this logic? Maybe someone can explain why he wouldn't steal from the 9 spot?

6 minutes ago, Baseball Or Bust said:

Not as many ops or at bats

Some info (although I would assume this is hugely dependent on the individual lineups)

https://fantasy.fangraphs.com/stolen-bases-and-batting-order/

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, JoeSas said:

He'll steal, but not as many opportunities is the logic.