Austin Meadows 2019 Outlook

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Username checks out 😝 

Born May 23, 1995 so he is 23 years and 272 days old today according to Baseball Reference who is your friend:  https://www.baseball-reference.com/players/m/meadoau01.shtml

Posted Images

On 5/11/2019 at 11:56 AM, El_Chingon said:

No need for hope or a leap of faith,  @ty5592 is stating the facts.  He was sitting early on vs. some LHP because that's what a lot of MLB teams do to give their bench/platoon bats some PT.  To worry about him routinely sitting vs. LHP in a platoon situation is fear-mongering and a waste of energy and emotion.  

Sitting against a lefty. After an off day. And after a 2 week layoff. Lol. Thanks for the analysis btw. 

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, Jvanspro said:

The Rays know what they are doing.  Putting your fantasy team aside this lineup makes a ton of sense.

+1, i dont mind him sitting vs elite LHP and K-leb has been just that this season

24 minutes ago, kmoore1521 said:

oh wow DUH didnt even notice

@ MIA so no Dh vs one of the tougher LHP in MLB this year?

easy sit for the Rays and give the thumb a breather 

Didn't realize it was @MIA. 

I'm officially lowering my pitchfork and hoping for a 7th inning substitution 

Just now, Jvanspro said:

I see that but you really hoping for one PH AB.  I wouldn’t hold my breath.

if he was subbed in for anyone hed still prob only get one at bat so not sure why you were asking who hed be subbed in for then haha

3 minutes ago, kmoore1521 said:

if he was subbed in for anyone hed still prob only get one at bat so not sure why you were asking who hed be subbed in for then haha

How do you figure?  If he got subbed for a defensive player he could easily see 2 AB’s.  I don’t see it happening though.

Just now, Jvanspro said:

How do you figure?  If he got subbed for a defensive player he could easily see 2 AB’s.  I don’t see it happening though.

Yea if your banking on 2 AB's, like you were saying dont hold your breathe hah but i can easily see a pinch hit appearance for those with no bench bats to put in

Edited by kmoore1521
45 minutes ago, kmoore1521 said:

The ray's have removed Meadows from the game when facing a lefty this year. It's happened at least twice this year. 

So I wouldn't be shocked if he pinch hit for Garcia if it was a big spot vs a righty.

More than likely he'll just get a pinch hit opportunity but these are the Rays we're talking about. They aren't afraid to make moves throughout the game.

[...]

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story
  • Like 1
20 minutes ago, nighthawk2284 said:

Is the 3 hole ideal for this guy? I just noticed he is hitting in the 3-hole today, which I'm not quite sure is the right spot for him.

I just want him playing everyday in the top part of the line up..I don't really care where. If he's in the line up, he should produce.

Edited by hangin n wangin
  • Like 1
On 5/17/2019 at 1:35 PM, nighthawk2284 said:

Is the 3 hole ideal for this guy? I just noticed he is hitting in the 3-hole today, which I'm not quite sure is the right spot for him.

With how he’s hitting he can bat anywhere 1 through 4 and I’ll be happy. I think he’d make a perfect 2 hole hitter but they like Pham there and honestly him and meadows could be swapped 1 or 2 with their skill sets. He’s been mashing at lead off so if it ain’t broke don’t fix it.