NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Le'Veon Bell 2018 Outlook

afl5013
Message added by tonycpsu

[Automated message: This outlook thread for the 2018 season will be locked on 2019-01-31. Please finish any 2018 discussions here, and take any 2019 outlook discussions to the 2019 outlook thread . If one does not exist, feel free to create one. Thanks!]

2 hours ago, datsyuk said:

This thread is truly becoming un-readable because of the "NFL GM's" in here. None of you know what the Steelers are going to do once Bell comes back, so stop trying to act smart by pretending you do.

Instead, how about we wait until Bell signs his franchise tag, and see what happens from there. Stop with the bull**** speculation. It serves zero purpose at this point.

You could just not read the page if it bothers you so much.

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, 99-percent-sure said:

Is there any other thread on this board that is dominated by owners of another player trying to persuade readers that the subject of the thread isn't going to play? Just curious. It's weird. I come here to see if there's any news about Bell, and it's mainly constant arguments to the effect that Bell owners are screwed because he's not gonna report/be activated/play, and how we should just give up and try again next year. Seriously, what the hell? There's a Conner thread, you know.

You expect a poster on this forum to break the news?  As soon as he reports or will be the top story on ESPN or NFL Network. Or in ESPN web page.

5 minutes ago, 99-percent-sure said:

Is there any other thread on this board that is dominated by owners of another player trying to persuade readers that the subject of the thread isn't going to play? Just curious. It's weird. I come here to see if there's any news about Bell or ideas about how to approach him on one's roster, and it's mainly constant arguments to the effect that Bell owners are screwed because he's not gonna report/be activated/play, and how we should just give up and try again next year. Seriously, what the hell? There's a Conner thread, you know.

This is for you:

3 hours ago, Fantasy Gooroo said:

Plenty of Bell owners in Conner threads too. Complaining about it makes zero sense. If you have been here long enough, you realize this is a part of Roto-life. See Carson-Penny, Mack-Heins, Landry-Freeman, Jones-Barber, Fitz-Winston. Good God. Some people come off as ultra sensitive...

15 minutes ago, murraygd13 said:

You expect a poster on this forum to break the news?  As soon as he reports or will be the top story on ESPN or NFL Network. Or in ESPN web page.

Well in fairness, many times I see news posted here via linking someone's Twitter well before I see rotoworld or ESPN put it on their front page. I've beaten my leaguemates many times to picking a player up because of that, and for that I'm thankful for this forum

14 minutes ago, 99-percent-sure said:

Is there any other thread on this board that is dominated by owners of another player trying to persuade readers that the subject of the thread isn't going to play? Just curious. It's weird. I come here to see if there's any news about Bell or ideas about how to approach him on one's roster, and it's mainly constant arguments to the effect that Bell owners are screwed because he's not gonna report/be activated/play, and how we should just give up and try again next year. Seriously, what the hell? There's a Conner thread, you know.

To be honest, I find the whole thing fascinating. I've learned a lot more about the franchise tag than I'd ever paid attention to before, and the calculus of what Bell is doing, why he's doing it, and predicting what his next moves might be based on the response from the Steelers organization is intellectually stimulating.

Yes, I have Conner, so my own hope is that Bell never returns. But I've tried to be at least fair in my analysis of Bell at each turn. 

The Bell owners in this thread are just salty because we keep seeing rumors and anonymous "sources" saying "Bell will return week X", and those of us who are listening to what Bell said at the beginning of this thing are saying "well that makes no sense."

But the truth is that this is all coming to a head. Without a trade that he likes, Bell wasn't going to report before Oct 31. To accrue a season, he must report by Nov 13. So we're coming right into the window that we've all been saying is the key. So we need to see if he chooses to report during that window, and if he does, what the Steelers do about him. It's about to get even more interesting. 

51 minutes ago, Grayson2401 said:

So just various types of training?

You do not see any advantages to simulating live football, full pads and all? 

Yes

None at all. Take this year the first game Todd Gurley rushed for over 100 yards and did not take one snap in preseason. 

48 minutes ago, cnewbykkn said:

Who confirmed hes even doing that?

That is still TBD 

2 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

Yes

None at all. Take this year the first game Todd Gurley rushed for over 100 yards and did not take one snap in preseason. 

That is still TBD 

But he was practicing with the team and likely participated in scrimmages, none of which Bell has or is doing. 

1 hour ago, shakestreet said:

game shape is a bunch of baloney.

if LeVeon is undergoing a workout regime that includes various types of training he can step right on the football field and perform. 

Here's an actual pro football player who says that there is such a thing as football shape: https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/05/26/charles-tillman-only-football-gets-players-into-football-shape/

https://www.dkpittsburghsports.com/2018/10/25/steelers-bell-update-contract/

Le'Veon Bell had been set to report to the Steelers and perhaps play this Sunday, but he wanted to be paid his full salary while he was on the two-week exemption list and the the team balked at doing so, a source told DKPittsburghSports.com Wednesday night.

As a result, the source added, Bell chose to stay away at least another week and could do so for the remainder of the season.

4 minutes ago, rxn said:

https://www.dkpittsburghsports.com/2018/10/25/steelers-bell-update-contract/

Le'Veon Bell had been set to report to the Steelers and perhaps play this Sunday, but he wanted to be paid his full salary while he was on the two-week exemption list and the the team balked at doing so, a source told DKPittsburghSports.com Wednesday night.

As a result, the source added, Bell chose to stay away at least another week and could do so for the remainder of the season.

Thats old news with an unreliable source 

2 minutes ago, Grayson2401 said:

But he was practicing with the team and likely participated in scrimmages, none of which Bell has or is doing. 

Maybe Le’Veon is doing what Julian Edelman was doing when he suspended. Working out with Rob Ninkovich and a couple of other homies. 

You have no idea what Le’Veon is doing .. 

2 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

Maybe Le’Veon is doing what Julian Edelman was doing when he suspended. Working out with Rob Ninkovich and a couple of other homies. 

You have no idea what Le’Veon is doing .. 

Could be reading rotoworld eating pies. 

51 minutes ago, bwarbiany said:

But those of us who are in here are talking about Bell and what he's doing. Isn't this the place for that? 

It's run-around nonsense being talked about in here, mainly by Conner owners who are just praying Bell doesn't come back.  

Like I said, nobody has any idea what will happen, so discussing the possible outcomes 50 million times is just pointless.

Just now, datsyuk said:

It's run-around nonsense being talked about in here, mainly by Conner owners who are just praying Bell doesn't come back.  

Like I said, nobody has any idea what will happen, so discussing the possible outcomes 50 million times is just pointless.

Wait...you found the part of the internet where people do pointless things? I thought that was just a legend. :) 

13 hours ago, datsyuk said:

This thread is truly becoming un-readable because of the "NFL GM's" in here. None of you know what the Steelers are going to do once Bell comes back, so stop trying to act smart by pretending you do.

Instead, how about we wait until Bell signs his franchise tag, and see what happens from there. Stop with the bull**** speculation. It serves zero purpose at this point.

It is precisely by reading this thread that I figured out that Bell would not be reporting at the start of the season, and that his standoff with the team could easily last several weeks.  Some of the contributers in here have done some outstanding work.

The Bell saga just got more and more interesting from there.  Some in here knew to look askance at reports that Bell would be returning this week or that week.  And sure enough, they were based on thin air.

If you just want a bunch of rah rah stuff and excitement over how many TDs Bell will score when he returns, I guess.  But that is not information that is going to help win their league. 

And, yes, we do know what the team will do if Bell reports because they have said so publicly.  Roster exempt him and make him practice and work with the team for zero pay.  Zero.

10 hours ago, datsyuk said:

What do you suggest we talk about then? Wanna talk about his rap album? 

yeah....me neither. 

Archived