NBC Sports Edge Forums

Le'Veon Bell 2018 Outlook

afl5013
Message added by tonycpsu

[Automated message: This outlook thread for the 2018 season will be locked on 2019-01-31. Please finish any 2018 discussions here, and take any 2019 outlook discussions to the 2019 outlook thread . If one does not exist, feel free to create one. Thanks!]

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
34 minutes ago, WaiverLooter said:

Wtf you gotta be a troll. Conner is going to the be 3rd highest scoring rb after this week and that’s with a bye.

multiply by 2 and that’s 360 pts. That’s enough to lead the league by a wide margin in most years. Trolls gonna troll....

I got banned for trolling. Maybe I was trolling for the wrong side?

38 minutes ago, Shortnphat said:

Take Conner’s numbers and multiple them by 2 and that is what Bell would have right have. I’m tired of hearing and reading how awesome Conner is, especially in the Bell thread. All around, Conner couldn’t even hold Bell’s jock. 

^^^^^ Bell couldn’t hold Conner’s jock running the ball. More explosive and faster as well. Its refreshing to see a rb for the Steelers actually run the ball instead of standing in the backfield for 10 min. Gtfo

4 minutes ago, owenmills said:

They could rescind the franchise tag and let him sign anywhere. Which doesn’t seem likely.

True bc then they'd likely be facing him in the playoffs. But at the same time they save a bunch of money unless they plan to sign him long-term next yr

4 minutes ago, 77georgec said:

^^^^^ Bell couldn’t hold Conner’s jock running the ball. More explosive and faster as well. Its refreshing to see a rb for the Steelers actually run the ball instead of standing in the backfield for 10 min. Gtfo

Product of the system 

2 minutes ago, scheibler said:

True bc then they'd likely be facing him in the playoffs. But at the same time they save a bunch of money unless they plan to sign him long-term next yr

I don't see the Steelers resigning him, they'll never pay what he is asking for.

Stop and think for a second. Bell is gonna report as late as he can, Steelers not gonna rescind anything because they dont want him to be a free agent and lose the 3rd pick and Bell is gonna take a couple weeks to get back into form, probably having a serious role from week 12 onwards.

Although I really don't think they are gonna use him like last year (which strangely works for Bell's favor). I think they're gonna use both which of course is not good for Bell and Conner owners.

Have to wonder if he will sit all season and risk the Steelers franchising him again next season. He could report and the Steelers don't use him which could hurt his market value as well.

At this point it is fair to wonder if Bell would even get close to the deal he was attempting to get from the Steelers on the open market.

I'm intrigued to see how it all plays out.

Archived