NBC Sports Edge Forums

Le'Veon Bell 2018 Outlook

afl5013
Message added by tonycpsu

[Automated message: This outlook thread for the 2018 season will be locked on 2019-01-31. Please finish any 2018 discussions here, and take any 2019 outlook discussions to the 2019 outlook thread . If one does not exist, feel free to create one. Thanks!]

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Godfather131 said:

But even then...Anyone with a brain can try to be impartial and offer an unbiased, logical opinion.

Or even a biased, illogical one!  :D

its the attempt that counts 

1 minute ago, Fantasy Gooroo said:

Yawn. I guess this is what this thread has become. 

Yeah its become a Conner owner that basically has no business being here telling people what to do

6 minutes ago, Godfather131 said:

But even then...Anyone with a brain can try to be impartial and offer an unbiased, logical opinion.

But if you're a Bell owner, aren't you just biased in the other direction? So only non owners of both Conner and Bell should be allowed to post here. 

11 minutes ago, Godfather131 said:

Why discredit his well thought out, non hostile opinion by saying something so dumb and confrontational?

There didn't seem to be any bias in his post. In fact, no one would've guessed who he had rostered unless you already knew. Seems to me like you're just trying to play the role of internet warrior and I feel it's important to call that out.

you're doing god's work, young man

1 minute ago, oliminator123 said:

But if you're a Bell owner, aren't you just biased in the other direction? So only non owners of both Conner and Bell should be allowed to post here. 

That's fair, however he never owned Bell.  Basically makes him a liar, no 

14 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

Not at all.

Only people who can use their head should be able to post here lol.

51 minutes ago, bwarbiany said:

The headline says he could sit until week 10... The text says:

Brady Quinn was the one who pressed him on whether it's "until week 10". Bakari didn't say anything, according to the text in the article, suggesting Bell would return at any particular time.

The best you can say is that Bakari's phrase is this: "we'll address these issues when he arrives", rather than if he arrives. If you take that literally, it would mean that he intended to come back at some point this season, which isn't an option after Nov 13. So if Bakari's statement from Sept 5 of "when" is taken perfectly literally, then he's coming back sometime in the next two weeks. 

But I'd argue that even if you take it perfectly literally, the statement is 2 months old and a LOT of things have happened since then... 

I realize neither Bell nor his agent ever come out and directly say week 10 is the date Bell is returning, but that has been the "Target date" all along most believe. Again, nobody really knows.

51 minutes ago, urban2014 said:

Yeah its become a Conner owner that basically has no business being here telling people what to do

Urban, love = love man. Bell will come back buddy. Ok. He will be everything that you drafted him to be and more. If that's what you need to hear to simmer down man, so be it. Dumb Conner owners should be happy they got 8 weeks and counting of elite play. But who cares, because, YOU. 

10 minutes ago, Fantasy Gooroo said:

Urban, love = love man. Bell will come back buddy. Ok. He will be everything that you drafted him to be and more. If that's what you need to hear to simmer down man, so be it. Dumb Conner owners should be happy they got 8 weeks and counting of elite play. But who cares, because, YOU. 

You are hilarious, bud. Move along 

47 minutes ago, datsyuk said:

I realize neither Bell nor his agent ever come out and directly say week 10 is the date Bell is returning, but that has been the "Target date" all along most believe. Again, nobody really knows.

True, nobody really knows. But it seems we've had a few target dates in between according to "sources" that have come and gone. Nov 13 is the only truly firm target, because he can't report after that and still play. 

1 hour ago, urban2014 said:

Conner owners are in here because what Bell does is extremely important to the value of the asset we own. So we want to fully understand the situation.

Our interests are opposite to that of Bell owners, but our level of interest in the situation is as high as yours.

10 minutes ago, urban2014 said:

I disagree. Cause if you never actually owned Bell, you should not pretend how you already dropped him. 

Well I entered this thread back in the early part of September because Bell still hadn't reported yet, and I was trying to figure out what the heck was going on.  I play redraft, so at the time I didn't have any players.

This thread and my own logical reasoning caused me to conclude that I should avoid Bell like the plague and try to get Conner for cheap.  My league auction was on September 5, so that was a pretty big advantage compared to leagues that drafted in late August or earlier.

So, the fine work done by others in this thread is the reason why I did not select Bell ($50 in our auction) and did select Conner ($13).  But, by your logic, I should not be able to participate in this thread, which has profited me immensely.  Because I did not select Bell.  Because I read this thread.

I reject your logic.  Sorry your first round pick did not work out this year.  I somewhat know the feeling because I went all in on David Johnson last season.

2 hours ago, crotchcrickets said:

of course you would since youre a conner owner

1 hour ago, Fantasy Gooroo said:

Dont own him. Not anymore. Dont be salty. Just trying to find clarity for you guys.

8 minutes ago, urban2014 said:

I disagree. Cause if you never actually owned Bell, you should not pretend how you already dropped him. 

I took that to read that he was denying being a Conner owner, not a Bell owner. Obviously didn't say "dropped", but if he traded Conner away, it would be accurate to say that he doesn't own him, "not anymore". 

But that was just my take.

2 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Well I entered this thread back in the early part of September because Bell still hadn't reported yet, and I was trying to figure out what the heck was going on.  I play redraft, so at the time I didn't have any players.

This thread and my own logical reasoning caused me to conclude that I should avoid Bell like the plague and try to get Conner for cheap.  My league auction was on September 5, so that was a pretty big advantage compared to leagues that drafted in late August or earlier.

Essentially same here, although I'm in snake and my picks were late enough that I didn't have a shot at him anyway. But up until reading this thread on Labor Day weekend, I had Bell #2 on my draft board behind Gurley. 

This thread is the reason I ended up with Conner in one league [drafted early] off waivers for free and in my money league as my 12th-round pick on Mon Sep 3 when nobody else had realized the importance of the holdout. 

I've been in here reading and commenting since day 1, even though I've never owned Bell. And I personally like to think I've offered reasonable and logical contributions.

11 minutes ago, bwarbiany said:

I took that to read that he was denying being a Conner owner, not a Bell owner. Obviously didn't say "dropped", but if he traded Conner away, it would be accurate to say that he doesn't own him, "not anymore". 

But that was just my take.

The mods deleted most of his activity, during a certain day.  He doesn't have Bell and never did

This has got to be the most pages for a thread for a player who hasn't played a down this late in a season, but I'm sure someone will be quick to correct me if not.  I remember the C-Mike thread got crazy a few years back...Legatron and Gordon were popular too, but at least all those guys were playing at the time and people were just hyped up with memes and endless ROS speculation.  Well, maybe Gordon wasn't playing yet...  Just amazing how much Le'Veon discussion there's been and still no one really knows when the guy will show up, or if he'll play when he does.  Sure seems like he's heading to free agency and this is Conner's team now.

1 minute ago, Yceman1234 said:

This has got to be the most pages for a thread for a player who hasn't played a down this late in a season, but I'm sure someone will be quick to correct me if not.  I remember the C-Mike thread got crazy a few years back...Legatron and Gordon were popular too, but at least all those guys were playing at the time and people were just hyped up with memes and endless ROS speculation.  Well, maybe Gordon wasn't playing yet...  Just amazing how much Le'Veon discussion there's been and still no one really knows when the guy will show up, or if he'll play when he does.  Sure seems like he's heading to free agency and this is Conner's team now.

I'm pretty sure the year Gordon was suspended but then allowed to come back later in the year(2014?) his thread went nuclear and far surpassed this one. In fact I think he had like 3 different threads that year because they were so long

40 minutes ago, owenmills said:

I'm pretty sure the year Gordon was suspended but then allowed to come back later in the year(2014?) his thread went nuclear and far surpassed this one. In fact I think he had like 3 different threads that year because they were so long

Ahhhhh...the good ol' days.

Dilly dilly!

As for this thread, I don't have Bell but I kept and keep tabs on him because I wanted the latest info while preparing for draft season and now as a Connor owner, need to be prepared for what to expect in case if Bell comes back. This thread has some useful information of you can weed out the bias and defensive posts. 

My theory: Bell and his camp have been winging it the whole time.  He originally intended to repeat his process of last year, but had second thoughts and was talked out of it at the last moment. There hasn't been a plan since then, as Bell wavers between his desire to play and the business decision to hold out.  Earl Thomas injury shifted the balance toward sitting out, trade discussions shifted the balance toward sitting out, and finally the Steelers plan to exempt him shifted the balance to sitting out.  And the longer he's away, the less likely it is for him to return.  

There is a lesser possibility that he returns week 11 than there is that he stays away the whole season. 

Next year, if at 2nd not 3rd year status, he'll either be franchised and traded to a team partially of his choice (a la Jarvis Landry) or he'll be transition tagged - or the Steelers will let him walk, but I think they'll try to get some compensation. 

The reason he wasn't traded this year is because the Steelers thought he'd play like last year, and I believe Bell was planning on doing so until the last minute.  Had Bell made up his mind early in the offseason, a deal could've been negotiated with another team who'd then trade for him.  But that's not what happened, so we get months of nothing but guesswork based on the preconceived assumptions of whoever's guessing.

I have both Conner and Bell on a 1-7 team.

I traded Fournette for Bell a month ago, even though I don't think Bell's gonna play in 2018.

Sorry guys.

I'm planning to drop Bell this weekend and watch the FAAB fireworks

50 minutes ago, Yceman1234 said:

The Derrick Henry threads have been out of control the last couple of years but have tempered down this year to only 120 or so pages due to the realization that he's not good. 

3 minutes ago, SadFaceHappy said:

My theory: Bell and his camp have been winging it the whole time.  He originally intended to repeat his process of last year, but had second thoughts and was talked out of it at the last moment. There hasn't been a plan since then, as Bell wavers between his desire to play and the business decision to hold out.  Earl Thomas injury shifted the balance toward sitting out, trade discussions shifted the balance toward sitting out, and finally the Steelers plan to exempt him shifted the balance to sitting out.  And the longer he's away, the less likely it is for him to return.  

There is a lesser possibility that he returns week 11 than there is that he stays away the whole season. 

Next year, if at 2nd not 3rd year status, he'll either be franchised and traded to a team partially of his choice (a la Jarvis Landry) or he'll be transition tagged - or the Steelers will let him walk, but I think they'll try to get some compensation. 

The reason he wasn't traded this year is because the Steelers thought he'd play like last year, and I believe Bell was planning on doing so until the last minute.  Had Bell made up his mind early in the offseason, a deal could've been negotiated with another team who'd then trade for him.  But that's not what happened, so we get months of nothing but guesswork based on the preconceived assumptions of whoever's guessing.

I have both Conner and Bell on a 1-7 team.

I traded Fournette for Bell a month ago, even though I don't think Bell's gonna play in 2018.

Sorry guys.

I'm planning to drop Bell this weekend and watch the FAAB fireworks

No need to apologize, we don’t care.

Archived