NBC Sports EDGE Forums

2019 Fantasy Baseball Platform Central -- ESPN/Yahoo/CBS/Fantrax, etc.

Dugout Legend

28 minutes ago, BackyardBaseball said:

Have the Japan games counted for anyone using CBS?

They have counted in my leagues, but it depends if your commish activated that first scoring period to run from 3-20 to 3-27.  If your first scoring period starts 3-28 you are out of luck.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Short Porch said:

They have counted in my leagues, but it depends if your commish activated that first scoring period to run from 3-20 to 3-27.  If your first scoring period starts 3-28 you are out of luck.

Yeah finally realized i had to go to advanced schedule editor and change the period length.  It updated everything though so even though I did it a day late it added the first games.  Still don’t understand why the default wouldn’t include the games in a roto league...

1 hour ago, BackyardBaseball said:

Yeah finally realized i had to go to advanced schedule editor and change the period length.  It updated everything though so even though I did it a day late it added the first games.  Still don’t understand why the default wouldn’t include the games in a roto league...

How long did it take to update?

1 minute ago, Yanks#1 said:

Does anyone show ESPN having any players on the IL now? It’s unbelievable how pathetic their site is now.

Most players haven’t actually been placed on the DL yet. 

Side note: Yahoo still has Sixto Sanchez listed as a Phillies player.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Yanks#1 said:

Does anyone show ESPN having any players on the IL now? It’s unbelievable how pathetic their site is now.

Yeah this is due to teams not needing to declare players on the IL until rosters get cut down before opening day.  It is a big issue in spring training when teams can’t slot anyone in the IL.

I faintly remember a site having a list of players who were 100% going to be placed on the IL, that was used as a template for leagues.  Does this exist anywhere still?  I would love an objective list to use for my league

• Like 1

1 hour ago, shakestreet said:

You do realize teams don’t need to yet. ... the M’s placed Kyle Seager on the IL because they have played. 

Pathetic? 

Yes the update is much worse than it was before. Last week I searched IL players and there were a dozen or more listed. Today only Seager. So did the teams put them on the IL then take them off? Or is it ESPN’s flawed logic?

Other issues - after keepers were selected, I had no way of knowing who would be available in the draft bc the player pool showed keepers in there instead of excluding like they did in prior years.

When looking at players you have to scroll over to see +\- research bc of their flawed web design.

I can keep going.

20 minutes ago, Yanks#1 said:

Yes the update is much worse than it was before. Last week I searched IL players and there were a dozen or more listed. Today only Seager. So did the teams put them on the IL then take them off? Or is it ESPN’s flawed logic?

Other issues - after keepers were selected, I had no way of knowing who would be available in the draft bc the player pool showed keepers in there instead of excluding like they did in prior years.

When looking at players you have to scroll over to see +\- research bc of their flawed web design.

I can keep going.

It must have been a glitch if you searched last week and found multiple players eligible for the IL. You know no teams put players on the DL that early. 

I am not happy with ESPN and I was a big supporter in everything about ESPN. I hate the new layout, draft application & the new player cards etc... I can keep going ...

its almost like espn is messing everything up on purpose so ppl will leave their site and they can get out of the fantasy game. espn fantasy suppoprt is awful and you can hardly get an answer from them. i switched to fantrax this year and get an email from support within 5 minutes of sending it usually

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, nygiantsfan913 said:

its almost like espn is messing everything up on purpose so ppl will leave their site and they can get out of the fantasy game. espn fantasy suppoprt is awful and you can hardly get an answer from them. i switched to fantrax this year and get an email from support within 5 minutes of sending it usually

Fantrax is so much superior to the others. It's not even fair lol.

Such a great site, great service, great support and their settings are the best.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, smeeze said:

Most players haven’t actually been placed on the DL yet. 

Side note: Yahoo still has Sixto Sanchez listed as a Phillies player.

But at least Yahoo had all 60 day guys on the DL that have been declared and immediately too.  Also like they were too lazy to change DL to IL because DL does sound cooler.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, smeeze said:

Pretty sure it's after week 1 is done. So Monday April 1st. 

Edit: Thanks Japan.

I believe it's the opposite, actually. At least in Yahoo! hockey, where we have a weekly league, you can change rosters on Mondays during extended weeks. I double-checked.

7 minutes ago, Hanghow said:

I believe it's the opposite, actually. At least in Yahoo! hockey, where we have a weekly league, you can change rosters on Mondays during extended weeks. I double-checked.

Are you sure? I can't find it anywhere on yahoo.

Also, I was wrong earlier, Week 2 begins Monday April 8th, so really we're looking at week 1 stretching over 3 different weeks. Does that mean weekly pickup limits reset on Monday the 25th, the 1st and the 8th?

• Like 1

This is a general question across all platforms and maybe transcendent of them: Is the year-long fantasy baseball game dieing? Are we a 'niche' group that is getting smaller?

I'm curious to know if the future is bright or bleak, if companies like ESPN/Yahoo aren't seeing profit gains from this, they will likely not update their platforms and eventually give up on the product. I feel like people are turning more towards daily games/events and betting that way compared to the year long haul of fantasy games (of course with the exception of fantasy football).

I have no stats to back this up, I just feel like there is massive room for better platforms over ESPN/Yahoo and quite frankly -- there's some obvious and easy upgrades that aren't being implemented. I feel like if there was profit in this game, they would take more care of it. There's so much room for growth on their platforms in terms of the product they give out. 

Maybe another question is: how can I contact Yahoo fantasy baseball to tell them what they should do to update their product?

edit: found this (old) interesting topic here on it : 

Edited by CrypTviLL

21 minutes ago, smeeze said:

Are you sure? I can't find it anywhere on yahoo. 

Yes... unless it's different than hockey, and I don't know why it would be. I'd anticipate roster changes on each Monday. You can actually check by moving the calendar ahead to each Monday in question and seeing if the roster is editable.

Edit: Um, I may have misunderstood what "roster moves" was referring to. I think the add/drop limits reset after the matchup and not every Monday.

Edited by Hanghow

1 minute ago, Hanghow said:

Yes... unless it's different than hockey, and I don't know why it would be. I'd anticipate roster changes on each Monday. You can actually check by moving the calendar ahead to each Monday in question and seeing if the roster is editable.

Edit: Um, I may have misunderstood what "roster moves" was referring to. I think the add/drop limits reset after the matchup and not every Monday.

Yeah sorry for the confusion. I am referring to add/drops. We have a limit of 5 pickups per week, which I believe in this case means I only have 5 pickups until April 8th!!! The Japan series really screwed us here... 

2 hours ago, edwin23 said:

will the weekly moves reset this monday for Yahoo? or after week 1 is done

Moves won't reset in Yahoo h2h leagues until either 4/1 or 4/8 depending on when Yahoo ends week 1.  I'd guess it is 4/1 but then we are talking about Yahoo and all bets are off.  Anyway no different then they do every single year for the double week "week" around All Stars when dozens of show up here totally surprised YET AGAIN that they can't have 12 moves during that mega-week, hah.

1 hour ago, CrypTviLL said:

This is a general question across all platforms and maybe transcendent of them: Is the year-long fantasy baseball game dieing? Are we a 'niche' group that is getting smaller?

I'm curious to know if the future is bright or bleak, if companies like ESPN/Yahoo aren't seeing profit gains from this, they will likely not update their platforms and eventually give up on the product. I feel like people are turning more towards daily games/events and betting that way compared to the year long haul of fantasy games (of course with the exception of fantasy football).

I have no stats to back this up, I just feel like there is massive room for better platforms over ESPN/Yahoo and quite frankly -- there's some obvious and easy upgrades that aren't being implemented. I feel like if there was profit in this game, they would take more care of it. There's so much room for growth on their platforms in terms of the product they give out. 

Maybe another question is: how can I contact Yahoo fantasy baseball to tell them what they should do to update their product?

Yahoo is hiring new coders to upgrade their platform so I'm not buying the demise of anything.  Yahoo uses their fantasy platform as a gateway as does ESPN.  You don;t get rid of your gateway.  The profit is getting people to their site to sell advertising etc.  Not charging people and driving them away in droves.

Forget telling Yahoo how they should upgrade their product.  I have been after them for over a half dozen years to fix the damn problem with the NA slots disappearing every spring and ruining dynasty play without dropping half your roster or doing convoluted workarounds involving off line drafts, separate web sites, spread sheets, massive lists kept on the message boards etc etc etc.

But the Feedback section is hidden really well as the Help section is.  You  have to use the Baseball '19 menu and select Overview. Then scroll ALL the way to the bottom where there are  three teeny tiny fine print in a contract sized lines in gray.  Find the word Feedback in one of them and click on it.  Then you have to agree to something called uservoice.  I have no idea.  And I intend never to click on it. 

I have enough fun using their Help and going through 3 more layers of menus NOT to find anything remotely matching what I need to report and just picking something at random.  they at least reply to your in about half a day to a day usually using Help.  Not that they really can solve your problem usually, heh.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, smeeze said:

I’m surprised yahoo doesn’t have a note up stating the time frame for week 1. They usually do this when a fantasy matchup lasts anything more than a week like week 1, allstar break, etc.

Just go to your matchup where it shows when it ends.

• Like 2