NBC Sports EDGE Forums

2019 Fantasy Baseball Platform Central -- ESPN/Yahoo/CBS/Fantrax, etc.

Dugout Legend

1 minute ago, CrypTviLL said:

then you limit teams from picking up valuable pieces.

I still feel weekly lineups is the best way to go to destroy streaming. 

Streaming the right guys is not easy and if more than one is also doing the same it makes it even harder. If everyone is playing by the same rules then stream away. Backfires just as much as it helps.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, shakestreet said:

I have the league just for you ...a draft n forget. 

Nope, that limits picks up to your team during the season to help it out.

Seems like everyone is ignoring the fact that Weekly lineup setings > Daily in H2H formats.

2 minutes ago, weakkneeswilly said:

No he doesn't get an IL for being in the minors. If he's not on the IL you have to put him on the bench or drop. We know you don't want to drop. 

Yeah I for sure will not be dropping.  Was mainly just asking for the IL info.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, duke of queens said:

Streaming the right guys is not easy and if more than one is also doing the same it makes it even harder. If everyone is playing by the same rules then stream away. Backfires just as much as it helps.

...and here we are back around from how to avoid streaming to just making it part of the league. Streaming is the worst part of fantasy baseball, it is to be avoided. Sure, if your league likes it -- go at it, but IMO measures should be taken to stop it.

Just now, CrypTviLL said:

Seems like everyone is ignoring the fact that Weekly lineup setings > Daily in H2H formats.

I don't do H2H but no way i would rather weekly. Guys are more fragile than ever. Not being able to replace injured players will kill teams in a weekly league.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CrypTviLL said:

...and here we are back around from how to avoid streaming to just making it part of the league. Streaming is the worst part of fantasy baseball, it is to be avoided. Sure, if your league likes it -- go at it, but IMO measures should be taken to stop it.

Have a waiver system, simple as that.

I updated the waiver period for my Yahoo league to be 1 day yesterday so that players can be picked up before game time when IL designations start to appear... however the system still says that waivers will clear on the 29th (ie 2-days) 

Any insight on how to set this up to clear earlier? 

Edited by midlip

4 hours ago, Impeccable said:

Hey guys, 

I have a weekly keeper league that drafted Monday.  League starts Thursday.  However, yahoo is not allowing us to change our players til the following Monday.  The worst part is that the players locked in our bench slots our all of our studs with minor leaguers and injured players locked in the starting lineups.  I've tried changing settings to daily lineup changes but that only let it change to the following Monday as well.  Any suggestions?! 

Any anicdotes for this? 

Roto daily is cool.  H2H generally sucks imo since all you need is a crummy last 2 weeks to destroy a season 

4 minutes ago, CrypTviLL said:

I play this game for enjoyment I want to manage my team, make moves daily play the waiver wire, stream a certain pitcher pick up an extra bat etc... with weekly you can’t do a damn thing. Sit back and twiddle my thumbs. What fun is that? None. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, midlip said:

I updated the waiver period for my Yahoo league to be 1 day yesterday so that players can be picked up before game time when IL designations start to appear... however the system still says that waivers will clear on the 29th (ie 2-days) 

Any insight on how to set this up to clear earlier? 

What type of waivers? FAAB?

4 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

I play this game for enjoyment I want to manage my team, make moves daily play the waiver wire, stream a certain pitcher pick up an extra bat etc... with weekly you can’t do a damn thing. Sit back and twiddle my thumbs. What fun is that? None. 

My enjoyment isn't being the best team all year and then getting knocked out in the playoffs when my ace all year has a mediocre game and the opponent streams Joe Musgrove to a dominating 7 IP performance. 

It's fine that you enjoy daily roster changes more, but it doesn't change the fact that it allows streaming to be (perhaps) the best strategy in the league. Weekly line ups are also fun too, as you have to analyze your roster and your teams opponents for the week and make decisions based on that. As stated before, weekly lineup has its worts too, but nothing is worse in Fantasy baseball then the dreaded streaming of SP's in a given week. 

Just now, CrypTviLL said:

My enjoyment isn't being the best team all year and then getting knocked out in the playoffs when my ace all year has a mediocre game and the opponent streams Joe Musgrove to a dominating 7 IP performance. 

It's fine that you enjoy daily roster changes more, but it doesn't change the fact that it allows streaming to be (perhaps) the best strategy in the league. Weekly line ups are also fun too, as you have to analyze your roster and your teams opponents for the week and make decisions based on that. As stated before, weekly lineup has its worts too, but nothing is worse in Fantasy baseball then the dreaded streaming of SP's in a given week. 

Ability to stream(daily)>having unusable roster spots with guys that are hurt(weekly)

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Short Porch said:

I don't have Ian Happ, but he was optioned to the minors this past Saturday and he is still not eligible to be placed in the minor roster slot.  Chance Sisco was optioned this past Sunday and today is Wednesday and he still does not have an "M" next to his name.  I have FAAB running tonight and opening day is tomorrow.  I would prefer to move players to IL or M rather than drop players to get at roster minimum numbers.

OK gotcha...it's either a matter of IF the team filed the paperwork to option them (sometimes they announce it, only to actually follow through with it days later) or yeah, CBS is slacking on the designation. If you just shoot them a message they seem to act pretty quickly in my experiences.

1 minute ago, FantasyGeek2018 said:

Weekly is boring and for people that don't like to pay attention daily. I was in a weekly league for 20 years and in daily for just as long and daily is much more skill and fun. I like roto so just do daily and have a max of 162 games per spot for hitter and a IP cap. 

There's no question that daily works just fine and IMO better for roto. This isn't about roto tho. Streaming SP's is a terrible idea in ROTO where quality actually matters. This is about H2h. 

1 minute ago, FantasyGeek2018 said:

Use a IP limit each week in h2h also and then do daily

That's the first legitimate solution presented here, however that still sours on me. Whats the right amount? If it's too low, then teams with a great pitching staff are unfairly punished by having to limit their stars. If the IP limit is too high it's obviously useless.

I'll agree with that tho -- it's a solution that makes daily line ups in H2H viable. 

1 minute ago, CrypTviLL said:

That's the first legitimate solution presented here, however that still sours on me. Whats the right amount? If it's too low, then teams with a great pitching staff are unfairly punished by having to limit their stars. If the IP limit is too high it's obviously useless.

I'll agree with that tho -- it's a solution that makes daily line ups in H2H viable. 

IP limit does not really work in these platforms as streaming can happen on the last day and teams can go over the limit set. But combining this with a waiver system will help prevent extreme streaming.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, FantasyGeek2018 said:

Use a IP limit each week in h2h also and then do daily

Our H2H league has a transaction limit on the season and we lock rosters during playoff matchups. There are ways to stop streaming in a H2H.

• Like 1

[Really going to need folks to focus on specific platform discussions and not making arguments about what format / settings are better or worse.  "How can I configure my platform to limit streaming" is fine, "streaming is bad and you should feel bad for streaming" isn't.  There's a league settings thread where that sort of thing won't be as much of a derail.]

Just now, midlip said:

Yes

If they are set to certain days and continuous its going to to default to the next day you have them process whether or not your waiver period is set to 1 or 2 days. The waiver period you are setting is basically for those players that are dropped or that come up from the farm. 

5 minutes ago, duke of queens said:

If they are set to certain days and continuous its going to to default to the next day you have them process whether or not your waiver period is set to 1 or 2 days. The waiver period you are setting is basically for those players that are dropped or that come up from the farm. 

But I have it set to:  Standard: All dropped players go onto waivers for a period of time specified by the Waiver Time parameter, and if unclaimed become free agents.

Shouldn't that allow me to manipulate the amount of time they are on waivers?