NBC Sports EDGE Forums

2019 Fantasy Baseball Platform Central -- ESPN/Yahoo/CBS/Fantrax, etc.

Dugout Legend

9 minutes ago, Short Porch said:

...and Yahoo just sent me a notification that the Reds game has been rained out and that Puig is in my starting lineup.  Yeah, I know.  Why can't you figure out a way for managers to make lineup changes after a game has been postponed?

Yeah, I'm a Yahoo player and that is DEFINITELY one of my biggest pet-peeves. If a game is PPD, let us switch our hitters out!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, CrypTviLL said:

Yeah, I'm a Yahoo player and that is DEFINITELY one of my biggest pet-peeves. If a game is PPD, let us switch our hitters out!

Same here. I like Yahoo more than any other format I've used...no secret about that. But that mess drives me nuts. It is one of the dumbest things they refuse to address. 

4 hours ago, Short Porch said:

ESPN continues to be hot garbage all the way around.

Is anyone else that uses ESPN not getting the little notification this year next to your players' names that shows whether they are in their teams' starting lineup or not? 

I have been getting the exclamation mark that they are not playing even when they are in the starting lineup.  Don't understand why they had to change something that wasn't broken.  I also liked in Roto in years past having the categories above the team roster and then being able to place the cursor on a category and seeing how far ahead or how far behind I was in a category.  The categories are still at the top of the roster page, but you can no longer hover the cursor over the category number.

13 hours ago, Short Porch said:

I have been getting the exclamation mark that they are not playing even when they are in the starting lineup.  Don't understand why they had to change something that wasn't broken.  I also liked in Roto in years past having the categories above the team roster and then being able to place the cursor on a category and seeing how far ahead or how far behind I was in a category.  The categories are still at the top of the roster page, but you can no longer hover the cursor over the category number.

They've ruined their platform imo. It's slow and it's painful to navigate. 

• Thanks 1

Question for Yahoo users. This is our first year of a Keeper/Dynasty league using an auction. We are going to have 3 minor leaguers that we are going to select offline after the auction. As commissioner, I'm assuming I will be able to manually enter the three players per team and slot them into the three inactive slots we set up. Am I correct? The salary for an activated minor league player is going to be $5. Will I be able to manually assign $5 per player for their salary? This isn't really important this year, but will be needed for keeping players into next year.

Thanks!

14 hours ago, Skrappy1 said:

Is anyone else that uses ESPN not getting the little notification this year next to your players' names that shows whether they are in their teams' starting lineup or not? 

Yeah it just says that everyone is not the in starting lineup...until the game actually starts, then that little icon goes away. 

I'm also getting clugey scores when I go the FantasyCast screen.  Sometimes its counting the current days stats, sometimes it doesn't.  Not even refreshing the screen fixes it.  Been with ESPN since 2012, but we're definitely switching platforms starting with FF later this year. 

1 hour ago, Buddha said:

Yeah it just says that everyone is not the in starting lineup...until the game actually starts, then that little icon goes away. 

I'm also getting clugey scores when I go the FantasyCast screen.  Sometimes its counting the current days stats, sometimes it doesn't.  Not even refreshing the screen fixes it.  Been with ESPN since 2012, but we're definitely switching platforms starting with FF later this year. 

Try the mobile app if you can.  It doesn’t have these problems and is much faster.  

33 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

Since ESPN has changed the platform, I am not really enjoying playing this game I used to love. 

I'm copying all of my keeper and dynasty leagues to fantrax. I've spent the last few days playing around on their site and it's making me not want to use ESPN anymore. At the end of the season I'll make a final decision and put it up for league voting. It's a shame really because I've been playing since the late 90's and ESPN was by far my favorite platform to use. 

21 hours ago, Short Porch said:

Thumbs up for Fantrax as they allow me to make a lineup switch after the Reds-Pirates game rained out.  Meanwhile Yahoo, ESPN, CBS are locked.  ESPN continues to be hot garbage all the way around.

Why people still mess around with Yahoo and Espn and still see all the same complaints here day-in-day-out is beyond me. It's such an easy transition, easy choice and better choice switching to Fantrax. But guys won't do it. Such a better proactive decision for any league to have better overall experience....

A wonderful site fantrax is.

I guess some guys liking driving around a beat up Ford, but they could be driving a nice Cadillac.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Fantasy Baseball Geek said:

I'm copying all of my keeper and dynasty leagues to fantrax. I've spent the last few days playing around on their site and it's making me not want to use ESPN anymore. At the end of the season I'll make a final decision and put it up for league voting. It's a shame really because I've been playing since the late 90's and ESPN was by far my favorite platform to use. 

I should have joined that league started by Ken ? on fantrax. Get a taste to see if I like. I do not care for either yahoooo or CBS. Fleaflicker is the best now in my opinion. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Dugout Legend said:

Why people still mess around with Yahoo and Espn and still see all the same complaints here day-in-day-out is beyond me. It's such an easy transition, easy choice and better choice switching to Fantrax. But guys won't do it. Such a better proactive decision for any league to have better overall experience....

I guess some guys liking driving around a beat up Ford, but they could be driving a nice Cadillac.

There's a simple reason why people won't switch. To get every member of the league or in my case multiple leagues, to join a new platform is very difficult. But I'm going to try to convince a few other LM's to make the switch as well. Since we share many of the same owners we may get it done. Hopefully though ESPN puts back all of the features that they took away when they did the update. If they do that then we're back in business. 

2 hours ago, Dugout Legend said:

That is your opinion.  Not everyone agrees with you.  And no way I give up my dynasty teams I have had for years by leaving Yahoo which actually has a pretty good phone app.  Unlike Fantrax which apparently you have to got to a website on your phone instead.  I also like their layout online as well.  It is only the damn disappearing NA slots each spring that drives me totally bonkers. 

And I've followed links to see what Fantrax's site looks like.  Not impressed with it.

29 minutes ago, hard1 said:

GD 1st yahoo week is 3 weeks long??

Yahoo posted a note on everyone's page it was this long since leagues opened this year.  It is basically their long week (this week + the handful of games Opening Week) they do every year except with the somewhat weird anomaly of the Japan games thrown in this time which makes the "week" physically a lot longer this season.

20 hours ago, Dugout Legend said:

It's 2019. A fantasy platform needs a good app. Until Fantrax gets that it would be nearly impossible for my league to switch platforms. Yahoo's app is pretty good.

• Like 2