Jump to content
NBC Sports EDGE Forums

2019 Fantasy Baseball Platform Central -- ESPN/Yahoo/CBS/Fantrax, etc.


Dugout Legend
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Dirty Little Birdie said:

look like Yahoo finally did away with their league chat. that kind of blows, all three leagues im in used the chat room to discuss trades and just B.S. in general about the game. oh well. 

They have had the maintenance for chat notice up on every league page for like 2 weeks now.  They even turned the notice bar a bright orange so people would, you know, "notice" it.

One of the features they are adding is using the chat not just on smartphones but on computers as well which will be a nice upgrade since I suck at texting on a small screen fast.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

How?

 

It was there, but not user friendly. It was in the top right between the magnifying glass (search) and question mark (FAQs).

Edited by Grinner
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Panther239 said:

Do different sites have different stat providers?

For some reason, I have Richard Rodriguez in two leagues- in ESPN, he has 4 holds and 5 in CBS, I just found that curious

Holds aren't an official MLB stat.  It is up to platforms.  The other night Brasier got both a Win and a Hold on Yahoo and Fantrax since he officially got the Win and qualified for a Hold per rules used on all fantasy sites so got it as well.  But not on ESPN.  They didn't give Brasier the Hold because they apparently won't give a player both.  Might be the same thing in your case on stingy ESPN.

Edited by The Big Bat Theory
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

Holds aren't an official MLB stat.  It is up to platforms.  The other night Brasier got both a Win and a Hold on Yahoo and Fantrax since he officially got the Win and qualified for a Hold per rules used on all fantasy sites so got it as well.  But not on ESPN.  They didn't give Brasier the Hold because they apparently won't give a player both.  Might be the same thing in your case on stingy ESPN.

My thought — ESPN was the only platform to get it right the other two blew it. 

In the MLB boxscore Brasier got only the Win ... Brewer & Workman got a hold Barnes got the save. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Dirty Little Birdie said:

anyone care to explain how on fangraphs prospect reports some guys have a higher total number for each pitch? (some guys have a 50/50 and some people have 55/60 as far as curveball is concerned). you would think everything should be based out of 100. 

Current Value/Future Value...I believe.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, smeeze said:

This. And the scale goes from 20-80. Because reasons.

 

23 minutes ago, kelle1sa said:

Current Value/Future Value...I believe.

sooo essentially if a guy is showing a 45/50 for curveball the "researchers" are saying his curveball is currently ranked a 45 (out of what exactly?) and they estimate it will eventually be a 50? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, shakestreet said:

My thought — ESPN was the only platform to get it right the other two blew it. 

In the MLB boxscore Brasier got only the Win ... Brewer & Workman got a hold Barnes got the save. 

MLB box score means nothing because MLB doesn't use Holds as an official stat.  Yahoo and Fantrax used the definition of a Hold that ALL platforms used and credited Brasier with out rightly.  Brasier officially was assigned a Win.  ESPN got it wrong.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Dirty Little Birdie said:

 

sooo essentially if a guy is showing a 45/50 for curveball the "researchers" are saying his curveball is currently ranked a 45 (out of what exactly?) and they estimate it will eventually be a 50? 

In your scenario, a 45 grade out of 80. And yes, a future grade of 50.  Compare to other players grades and see how they turned out to get an idea of the scoring system

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

MLB box score means nothing because MLB doesn't use Holds as an official stat.  Yahoo and Fantrax used the definition of a Hold that ALL platforms used and credited Brasier with out rightly.  Brasier officially was assigned a Win.  ESPN got it wrong.

lol 

If MLB doesn’t use holds as an official stat then why when you look any box scores you will see a pitcher who got a Hold on MLB also got a Hold on your yahoo? 

I don’t care ...

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, shakestreet said:

If MLB doesn’t use holds as an official stat then why when you look any box scores you will see a pitcher who got a Hold on MLB also got a Hold on your yahoo?

From Wikipedia:

Quote

The hold was invented in 1986 by John Dewan and Mike O'Donnell to give a statistical measure of the effectiveness of the vast majority of relief pitchers who are afforded few opportunities to close a game. ...

While holds are not an official MLB statistic, they are increasingly visible in many box scores, including espn.com and MLB.com. Many fantasy baseball providers also include holds as an optional category which can be included in customized leagues.

There you go. 

Yahoo and Fantrax awards Holds separate from Wins based on the definition and doesn't remove a Hold just because a relief pitcher is also awarded a Save.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...