NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Garrett Hampson 2019 Outlook

garlando

Just now, BackyardBaseball said:

It’s somewhat customary to get players 1 start in the first few games of the season, could see this as a courtesy more than a sign of what’s to come.  Let’s just hope murphy doesn’t come back any time soon.

Hope this is the case man. 

From my understanding, Murphys gone for 8 weeks or so. 

Not a good first game with murphy out with a broken finger and not even on the DL. Rockies are playing a man short plus Reynolds at 1B and Tapia in Of giving Desmond a day off. Where does this leave Hampson? sadly he is behind in the pecking order. depending on who they recall from AAA to replace murphy. Hampson may be more of a PR than we thought.

I know it’s early in the season, but I always feel like Sunday lineups are used to get your bench players involved in the lineup before you travel to the next city or have an off day on Monday.  I say it’s still too early to assume the Hampson is gonna ride the line regularly. But, if he continues to be benched and Reynolds starts at 1B the next couple of games then ya it’s what we feared. 

27 minutes ago, HaloFanatic17 said:

I know it’s early in the season, but I always feel like Sunday lineups are used to get your bench players involved in the lineup before you travel to the next city or have an off day on Monday.  I say it’s still too early to assume the Hampson is gonna ride the line regularly. But, if he continues to be benched and Reynolds starts at 1B the next couple of games then ya it’s what we feared. 

Correct on the Sunday thing. What will hurt worse for these Hampson owners if Reynolds has a very good game. Boom moonshots are coming. 

It’s only one AB but McMahon is 1-1 against a LHP, a booming double off Adam Conley a sneaky lefty. 

And just on cue:

Following the finger injury suffered by Daniel Murphy, the Rockies have called up infielder Pat Valaika to fill his roster spot, according to Nick Groke of The Athletic.

Like they don't have enough infielders running around as it is.  You couldn't use an extra arm in the bullpen instead, Colorado?

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Mexal said:

Batting 2nd tonight.

It's because he got a nice bunt down last night. Watched it live and knew he'd move up. I said on like the first page that if this guy gets some nice bunts down, that manager would love him. 

I'm like half joking right now. 

2 minutes ago, HaloFanatic17 said:

Not a great way to take advantage of the 2-hole. Then again Snell s--- down that entire lineup today. Wish he would show signs of life esp now that I need him wit Turners injury. 

Me too. He was a bench lottery ticket before that needs to pay off. Coors can’t come soon enough. The baseball park, too. 

• Haha 5

Nolan Arenado hasn’t done s*** for me. He was my first round pick in multiple leagues.  This lineup simply doesn’t do jack on the road.  You draft Rockies to destroy in the thin air of Coors field.  Hopefully he can actually accumulate at bats at home because that’s where most of stats will come from.  This lineup on road, against Rays elite pitching = don’t expect any stats from any Rockie.

• Like 2