NBC Sports Edge Forums

Garrett Hampson 2019 Outlook

• Replies 693
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

For anyone that hates watching videos for 2 minutes and would rather read for 10 seconds;  bud black says "umm" about 1000 times and basically says that hampson and macmahon are trying hard.

2018 called. It wants Scott Kingery back. 

The Rockies objectively do not play their best players. Anyone who can read a Fangraphs page should be able to see that. You can't make the, "well you have to perform in order to play" argument while

Posted Images

43 minutes ago, Magoo said:

His MLB metrics to date scream utility/pinch runner. I don’t see the purpose in sending him down at this point. Maybe to play more CF I suppose.

Too soon to write off his career, but I agree with the assessments that we're nearing the point where he can sit on the wire and be monitored rather than be taking up a bench spot.

22 minutes ago, oswald737 said:

Too soon to write off his career, but I agree with the assessments that we're nearing the point where he can sit on the wire and be monitored rather than be taking up a bench spot.

He will be a classic post hype sleeper I tend to love. 

3 hours ago, azeri98 said:

Coors needs to become Mr. Rodgers neighborhood right now!

Mr. Rodgers needs to make a neighborhood in AAA first.  Thus far he’s been very underwhelming.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
On 4/22/2019 at 4:16 PM, Cmilne23 said:

Mr. Rodgers needs to make a neighborhood in AAA first.  Thus far he’s been very underwhelming.

So it should be a pretty tight competition with Hampson for that coveted first bench spot in Colorado!

4 minutes ago, cs3 said:

So it should be a pretty tight competition with Hampson for that coveted first bench spot in Colorado!

I think Pat the Bat Valvika has that on lock.  Garrett and Rodgers can fight over back seat on the Colorado Springs AAA bus.

2 hours ago, Cmilne23 said:

I think Pat the Bat Valvika has that on lock.  Garrett and Rodgers can fight over back seat on the Colorado Springs AAA bus.

Albuquerque, but yeah, Hampson should probably be sent down to get some work in at this point.  He had ample opportunity to show he could hit at the MLB level and didn't.  No sense keeping him around as a pinch runner / once a week starter.

On 4/24/2019 at 1:47 AM, Cmilne23 said:

Valaika's already back in AAA (optioned on Tuesday). I suspect Hampson stays up because he'll start against lefties and the NL West has a ton of them. Plus he's a more valuable bench player (more speed, more versatile defensive ability). That's unlikely to help Hampson have any fantasy value (at least until the next injury) and may be a questionable developmental choice. But I suspect Hampson stays for now.

• Like 1