Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Garrett Hampson 2019 Outlook


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 693
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

For anyone that hates watching videos for 2 minutes and would rather read for 10 seconds;  bud black says "umm" about 1000 times and basically says that hampson and macmahon are trying hard.

2018 called. It wants Scott Kingery back. 

The Rockies objectively do not play their best players. Anyone who can read a Fangraphs page should be able to see that. You can't make the, "well you have to perform in order to play" argument while

Posted Images

I didn't expect my take to be controversial. It just seemed to me that it must suck to own David Dahl, Tapia, Rodgers, Hampson, Murphy or McMahon when the Rocks seem determined to roll out replacement level vets (at best) like Parra, Holiday, Reynolds, Desmond, Ianetta etc. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, hgh22 said:

I didn't expect my take to be controversial. It just seemed to me that it must suck to own David Dahl, Tapia, Rodgers, Hampson, Murphy or McMahon when the Rocks seem determined to roll out replacement level vets (at best) like Parra, Holiday, Reynolds, Desmond, Ianetta etc. 

There was a stat going around last year about how rare it was for Bud Black to have a rookie starter under 25 years old. It may have been that he had never had a full time rookie starter under 25 years old.

 

Story came up with Walt Weiss.

Edited by Bigfische
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Magoo said:

Juan Uribe called. He wants his Coors hype back.

23 year-old 2B, 300+ hitter in the minors, BB/K rate fantastic, and 3 seasons of 3 with 36+ SBs. 

I like that anywhere. Is there a Coors bump that makes that more enticing? Sure. But this isn’t Coors hype. This kid is good. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SpecialFNK said:

the Rockies should use Hampson as the every day 2B and use McMahon as the utility player that gets starts at multiple positions.

How about using McMahon as the everyday 2B and use Hampson as the utility 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, shakestreet said:

How about using McMahon as the everyday 2B and use Hampson as the utility 

How about trading McMahon away or let Desmond slip on a banana peel and McMahon can play in his place.  Hey that got Rodger still in the hopper. IF he can get it together at AAA that is.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

How about using McMahon as the everyday 2B and use Hampson as the utility 

 

last season Hampson saw games at 2B and SS. but McMahon saw more games at 2B, 1B, and 3B.

I didn't check the minors, but doesn't Hampson has more experience at 2B than McMahon.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

How about trading McMahon away or let Desmond slip on a banana peel and McMahon can play in his place.  Hey that got Rodger still in the hopper. IF he can get it together at AAA that is.

It’s still not a given that Dahl plays every day given his health history and hitting left handed. Has Hampson been playing OF at all in spring?

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, SpecialFNK said:

 

last season Hampson saw games at 2B and SS. but McMahon saw more games at 2B, 1B, and 3B.

I didn't check the minors, but doesn't Hampson has more experience at 2B than McMahon.

The Rockies are trying Hampson in the outfield. Last year he played CF in the minors ans majors, briefly but he has. This spring Hampson has played everywhere ... of, SS, 2B ...McMahon is an infielder. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, lavaman said:

Hampson vs. McMahon. Should be interesting to see who wins the 2nd base job. It's good news for him that he's getting playing time in the OF, they must want him in the lineup.

Or maybe he isn’t good enough player to be slotted at any of the infield spots, but thank God the Rockies are weak in the outfield. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, shakestreet said:

Or maybe he isn’t good enough player to be slotted at any of the infield spots, but thank God the Rockies are weak in the outfield. 

How does this even make sense?  How is he not a good enough player to start at 2B Opening Day for the Rockies?

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, shakestreet said:

Or maybe he isn’t good enough player to be slotted at any of the infield spots, but thank God the Rockies are weak in the outfield. 

He is a better fielder than McMahon and that is by light years.  And he can hit and has great speed.  So I have no idea what you are trying to say.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...