Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Recommended Posts

Agree with the previous post. I need to see full roster to make a full determination, but the face value seems to be pretty even. 

 

Generally, I like to get the best bat in the deal. Lindor is one of the elite assets in the game, in my opinion. Torres isn't there for me. However, there is a legitimate chance that Torres can be as good (or better, I guess) than Lindor. I do believe Snell is a top 10 dynasty arm. 

 

Gun to my head, I pick Torres/Snell, but it's going to depend on my roster and which guy I can no longer keep due to the trade. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, rufflemaster said:

H2H Cats-Keep 12

 

Team A gives up:

Lindor

 

Team B gives up:

Snell

Gleyber

 

Who wins and by how much?

 

Team A.

 

I'd much rather own the elite bat of Lindor. I trust him and think his game will continue to evolve even more.

 

Snell, had a good year, but its one year. Pitchers can be very risky with injury, regression, etc .

Gleyber is a nice bat, but not a Lindor type of bat.

 

I think the owner receiving Lindor will win this trade.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

In a vacuum, I'd take Lindor since he is the elite first round talent. Snell could be a one-year flash and Gleyber is incredibly volitale right now. But it's a fair trade. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Oops! It's actually 14 keepers. Anyways, I am Team A. I am still trying to figure out keepers and I suppose that is part of the problem. However, here's what I have so far. 

 

Locks:

-Gordon

-Lindor

-Matt Chapman

-Vlad Jr.

-Eddie Rosario

-Benintendi

-Mallex Smith

-Mikolas

-Kimbrel

 

Maybe:

-Jeffress

-Stripling

-Hendricks

-Gurriel

-Bichette

-Wendle

-De Leon

-Vizcaino

-Eovaldi

-Seranthony Dominguez

 

The league favors strikeouts, as it includes K/9 and K/BB as one of many categories. I finished in the bottom third of every pitching category, so it's safe to say I need quality pitching. Traditionally, I am against trading elite first round talent like Lindor, but I have never initiated a rebuild and losing Lindor for less than he's worth would be a grave mistake.

 

I'm not sure if it's possible for Lindor to get any better but he's so young that anything is possible. I expect Snell to regress a little bit and I'm not sure about Torres.

 

Team B has Nola, Glasnow, Heaney, Salazar, and Corbin so he's in a good spot anyways.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, rufflemaster said:

Oops! It's actually 14 keepers. Anyways, I am Team A. I am still trying to figure out keepers and I suppose that is part of the problem. However, here's what I have so far. 

 

Locks:

-Gordon

-Lindor

-Matt Chapman

-Vlad Jr.

-Eddie Rosario

-Benintendi

-Mallex Smith

-Mikolas

-Kimbrel

 

Maybe:

-Jeffress

-Stripling

-Hendricks

-Gurriel

-Bichette

-Wendle

-De Leon

-Vizcaino

-Eovaldi

-Seranthony Dominguez

 

The league favors strikeouts, as it includes K/9 and K/BB as one of many categories. I finished in the bottom third of every pitching category, so it's safe to say I need quality pitching. Traditionally, I am against trading elite first round talent like Lindor, but I have never initiated a rebuild and losing Lindor for less than he's worth would be a grave mistake.

 

I'm not sure if it's possible for Lindor to get any better but he's so young that anything is possible. I expect Snell to regress a little bit and I'm not sure about Torres.

1

 

12 hours ago, rufflemaster said:

Team B has Nola, Glasnow, Heaney, Salazar, and Corbin so he's in a good spot anyways.

 

That's pretty rough. I'd be OK with Torres/Snell (swapping Snell for Nola helps you slightly) but I'd try to work a third keeper back your way. Mikolas (at his age and poor K/9) seems like a pretty bad option. The other bats have some real appeal. I'd consider shopping Vlad for a return like you're getting for Lindor. In a dynasty leagues guys are paying stupid prices. 


I'd toss back Mikolas and go with Stripling and Bichette for sure. If you can move Vlad Jr. I would. His value really may not get any higher (because he's so good now. What if he comes up and does like Kyle "Ted" Tucker just did?

 

For lindor I think you need 1 more piece after seeing your squad. I'd also shop Vlad. The Lindor trade is fine and you'd be OK if you did it, but Lindor is your cornerstone so I'd want to make sure I got the best return I could. If the guy you're trading with doesn't have the best "keepers" and guys left over, I'd go find that owner and make him and offer and see what happens. You may not be able to top that return, but that doesn't mean you have to take it either. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/19/2018 at 9:45 AM, I like baseball said:

If Team A has a need for pitching, it wins.  If team B has excess pitching and can afford to make the move, then it wins as well.  It doesn't have to be one side or the other here.  

 

Yeah this is a pretty good outlook here.  Snell and Gleyber is a pretty expensive price but it's for Lindor.  Who knows in 3 years Snell + Gleyber is probably clearly worth more than Lindor but right now that's probably what it would take to get Lindor.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for all the input! @sngehl01 Lots of great advice!

-I get the feeling the other owner is already at his limit with Snell and Torres but maybe I can pull off something in a 3 for 2. Maybe even a draft pick.

-I think Mikolas will age pretty well considering how deep his repertoire is but I agree that his K/9 numbers need some work. Definitely some better options available.

-Can Vlad Jr. really get that much on the trade market??? Wow. I have gotten a lot more interest in Chapman, but I'll have the other for depth. I will definitely throw some offers around!

 

@TrueShoe My thoughts exactly. I seem to be a year or two from competing anyways. Snell seems like a top dynasty option for years to come and Torres is similarly quite valuable.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, rufflemaster said:

Thanks for all the input! @sngehl01 Lots of great advice!

-I get the feeling the other owner is already at his limit with Snell and Torres but maybe I can pull off something in a 3 for 2. Maybe even a draft pick.

-I think Mikolas will age pretty well considering how deep his repertoire is but I agree that his K/9 numbers need some work. Definitely some better options available.

-Can Vlad Jr. really get that much on the trade market??? Wow. I have gotten a lot more interest in Chapman, but I'll have the other for depth. I will definitely throw some offers around!

 

@TrueShoe My thoughts exactly. I seem to be a year or two from competing anyways. Snell seems like a top dynasty option for years to come and Torres is similarly quite valuable.

 

I would let it be known you may consider moving Vlad. Say it like that. You have to make people think you don't want to move him but will because you need so many pieces still. 

 

Torres and Snell may be the best you get. Just casually be like "yeah man, I'm interested in your offer, I've just had so much interest in lindor and I only get to shoot this shot once."

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 months later...

UPDATE 3/3: 

-Kept Lindor

-Flipped Rosario for Votto

-Flipped Matt Chapman for Robbie Ray and Julio Urias

-Flipped Mikolas for Foltynewicz

-Flipped Robbie Ray and Dee Gordon for Rhys Hoskins and E. Rodriguez

 

C)

1B) Votto

2B)

3B) Vlad Jr.

SS) Lindor

LF) Hoskins

CF) Benintendi

RF) Mallex Smith

UT) Bichette

 

SP) Folty

SP) E. Rodriguez

SP) Hendricks

SP) Happ

SP) Urias

RP) Kimbrel

RP) Stripling

 

Other Thoughts:

-Having Mikolas and Hendricks really killed my K numbers last year. I originally took on Robbie Ray to balance one of them out, but after trading Mikolas for Folty, I'm in a much better spot. I couldn't afford to miss out on Hoskins.

-Haven't had much luck shopping Vlad. Lots of low ball offers.

-Noticed I have the Dodgers #4-6 SP with Maeda on my roster too. Does anyone know what their rotation will look like next season?

-Thoughts on how to improve my roster? Looking to go all-in on an ace/get some bigger names on my pitching staff? Still exploring trading Lindor for Snell and Corbin/Torres, but let me know what you guys think.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...