Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

James Paxton 2019 Outlook


Recommended Posts

36 minutes ago, Jpress82 said:

I think this is the year when he finally breaks out and becomes one of the top starting pitchers in baseball. The stuff is there to give him that cy young type season and a new team might finally push him to greatness even though his new ballpark is a downgrade. I took him over Bauer as my SP2 and i hope i made the right call

 

ouch!  that's gonna leave a nasty bruise

 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dude has really bad control. At best Paxton is what Sheff becomes. You do this trade 100 percent of the time

Has anyone come crying yet?

How good Sheffield is compared to where Paxton was at the same age is irrelevant. If every pitcher who was better than Paxton at 22 went on to reach a higher ceiling than he has, MLB would have less s

Posted Images

40 minutes ago, Jpress82 said:

I think this is the year when he finally breaks out and becomes one of the top starting pitchers in baseball. The stuff is there to give him that cy young type season and a new team might finally push him to greatness even though his new ballpark is a downgrade. I took him over Bauer as my SP2 and i hope i made the right call

 

at this point you didnt

but anything can happen

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, jfazz23 said:

 

you can do better in round 4 or 5.  Bauer, Buehler, Corbin, carrasco, even flaherty should be ahead of paxton IMO

disagree with those two... I think those two belong after Paxton AND Clevinger. The other 3 are head and shoulders above Pax though.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Had him last year in a points league. He was great when he was pitching. But he misses a lot of time.  160 innings last year. I think he was around 130 the year before.  He should get a lot of run support with the Yanks. So if he can stay healthy, I could see 15 wins and 230 strikeouts. That is about where Corbin, and Bauer would be. I'm not sure if Flaherty and Buehler get there. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jpress82 said:

 

Well i am a Yankee fan and i had Paxton on my fantasy team for the past two years so i suppose i am biased but i do believe this could be his year

 

also yanks fan.  and if he pitches 200 innings hes gonna be GOLDEN.  big IF though

1 hour ago, 6Kill said:

disagree with those two... I think those two belong after Paxton AND Clevinger. The other 3 are head and shoulders above Pax though.

 

corbin for sure at this point.  NL pitcher.... coming off 200 season.... good team as well

 

with flaherty i just like the chances of him being healthy more than paxton.  if you guaranteed me 190 innings from both id take paxton.  so flaherty is a maybe IMO

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, ASHLANDARROWS1992 said:

Dear god he is brutally bad right now

 

Brutally bad is way dramatic.. he was painting all day and just missing, Astros had phenomenal eyes at the plate and made him pay. The whip and era are hurting early, but nowhere near panic mode. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, ASHLANDARROWS1992 said:

anyone brave enough to start him vs. red sox tonight?...lol

 

Crossing my fingers.  Behind on innings and everyone I stream blows up so may as well give him a shot.  Feel like it’s not my year for pitching.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ASHLANDARROWS1992 said:

 

roto league here, so it is just a matter of him killing my ratios/ERA....lol

 

Same.  He has not been kind so far. Not sure if the 6 era or 1.73 whip is worse so far.  At least the game is in Seattle.

Edited by AHF
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ASHLANDARROWS1992 said:

 

seattle??...lol

 

paxton doesnt play for seattle anymore....smh

 

Sorry - New York.  I meant at home rather than in Fenway but my brain shorted out apparently. 

 

(This is my third consecutive year with Paxton on my roster so I've definitely followed that move closely.  His only good start this year is at home. YTD the Yankees collectively have a 3.33 ERA and 1.17 WHIP at home and a 5.12 ERA and 1.59 WHIP on the road.)

Edited by AHF
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/16/2019 at 11:31 AM, AHF said:

 

Sorry - New York.  I meant at home rather than in Fenway but my brain shorted out apparently. 

 

(This is my third consecutive year with Paxton on my roster so I've definitely followed that move closely.  His only good start this year is at home. YTD the Yankees collectively have a 3.33 ERA and 1.17 WHIP at home and a 5.12 ERA and 1.59 WHIP on the road.)

 

That home start worked out pretty well!

To quote the great Ray Romano, "Sweet sassy molassy!"

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...