Thomas Bryant - 2018 - 2019 Season Outlook

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I shall dub thee: "Thomas the Tank Engine"

18 points,19 boards, 2 threes, 1 steal and 1 block. Yeah, not useful at all.

Brooks' middle name is stupid

Posted Images

27 minutes ago, Boozted said:

I read somewhere that Brook’s was pulling him out because he’d make mistakes on D. Being a young player that doesn’t surprise me.

At that point though they were clearly still trying to win games though. Getting rid of Porter pretty much sends the message that they’re gonna tank. So now that they’re not trying to win games why wouldn’t they let him play through his mistakes?

Because for a lot of young players, giving them more time to struggle--especially if they are making the same mistakes or their technique needs to improve--doesn't help them develop. It may even hurt their confidence.

A good example is John Collins last year.  I had him. He put up decent numbers as it was but everyone kept saying that he was about to explode for the exact same reasons (team is tanking, playing time for the young players is the top priority--30 minutes per game soon!).  He wasn't seeing 30 minutes consistently until the last two weeks of the season.  Obviously, his coach didn't think that giving him a full load of minutes would help him. Look at him now.

Not saying that the same thing will be true for Bryant.  I'm sure the minutes will go up some.  But it's hardly a guarantee that he'll see a big change.

• Like 1
57 minutes ago, BrotherMouzone said:

Because for a lot of young players, giving them more time to struggle--especially if they are making the same mistakes or their technique needs to improve--doesn't help them develop. It may even hurt their confidence.

A good example is John Collins last year.  I had him. He put up decent numbers as it was but everyone kept saying that he was about to explode for the exact same reasons (team is tanking, playing time for the young players is the top priority--30 minutes per game soon!).  He wasn't seeing 30 minutes consistently until the last two weeks of the season.  Obviously, his coach didn't think that giving him a full load of minutes would help him. Look at him now.

Not saying that the same thing will be true for Bryant.  I'm sure the minutes will go up some.  But it's hardly a guarantee that he'll see a big change.

I see your point but I don’t really remember John Collins having a monster game like Bryant did last night. At some point you just have to let the dude get some burn to figure it all out. 

3 minutes ago, Boozted said:

I see your point but I don’t really remember John Collins having a monster game like Bryant did last night. At some point you just have to let the dude get some burn to figure it all out. 

You're right my bad.

Edited by stickman786
8 minutes ago, Boozted said:

He just dropped 35/16 two games ago

Add him just after his break out last game...It´s interesting to bet some pennies for him, specially to all Portis owner like me..Probably a nice stash combo..Plus, awsome playoff schedule.

Give him few more games without Porter and we will see what happens..

With at least 30min on the floor, he is a DD machine with some goodies like 3´s or BLK or Ast..with good %

Plus, I have to bet something tonight...🏀

I'm grabbing him. With imminent tanking I would HOPE Scott Brooks plays Bryant over guys like Mahimni.... I had him a couple weeks ago, dropped and then got him because of Otto gone. Someone needs to take those minutes... right?

32 minutes ago, ejaggit said:

I'm grabbing him. With imminent tanking I would HOPE Scott Brooks plays Bryant over guys like Mahimni.... I had him a couple weeks ago, dropped and then got him because of Otto gone. Someone needs to take those minutes... right?

are you insinuating that Mahimni is the better player over Bryant?

35 minutes ago, Russianog said:

No he’s saying quite the opposite I think.

im not sure he knows what hes saying.... this is what he said, right?

With imminent tanking I would HOPE Scott Brooks plays Bryant over guys like Mahimni..

wouldnt that mean, if the team is tanking, that the better player WONT play? i mean, if theyre tanking, it would make sense to paly Mahimni....just sayin

1 hour ago, lacit1707 said:

are you insinuating that Mahimni is the better player over Bryant?

F no!

48 minutes ago, lacit1707 said:

With imminent tanking I would HOPE Scott Brooks plays Bryant over guys like Mahimni..

wouldnt that mean, if the team is tanking, that the better player WONT play? i mean, if theyre tanking, it would make sense to paly Mahimni....just sayin

yeah, but remember- a team who tanks also likes to play their young players because it gets them better... So YES, I think that Bryant is better and I think that they SHOULD play him because he's hopefully in the plans for the Wizards future. I just know Brooks is a fool and he might actually play Ian and Portis more.... 

Edited by ejaggit
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, lacit1707 said:

They're not tanking. If they were then they would have dumped Ariza and Green as well as Porter.

3 hours ago, Jimmy21 said:

A few weeks ago, people were fighting over this guy. I think he the center piece of a few trades. Now he is on the wire. Did portis kill his value? 

i didnt drop and i dont plan to..bit crowded there but imo he is one to own from wizard bigs

4 hours ago, lacit1707 said:

They would play the player they need to develop. Free NBA minutes don’t come cheap.  😇

Edited by Russianog
13 hours ago, Kicker said:

i didnt drop and i dont plan to..bit crowded there but imo he is one to own from wizard bigs

Unfortunately, it's beyond just a bit crowded now after bringing in Portis and Parker.  He had a nice game in his previous game, but last night was right back to the same crap it's been for weeks, and now they have two more players.

I've already stated multiple times in here what I think of Brooks not using him enough, and Bryant always proves how solid he is when he gets legit minutes (automatic double-double literally every time), but it just hasn't happened on an anywhere near consistent basis.  Holding on and hoping for what should be just seems to be wishful thinking at this point.