Tomas Satoransky 2018-19 Season Outlook

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Congrats on the sex Tomas

All three at once so your league knows you're serious about him.

Yep. I hope he comes back to play. It has been more than a week already and he's slowly causing me to lose my matchup by thinking he's just GTD/DTD.

Hope everything's great w/ the baby though.

4 hours ago, RCRanger03 said:

I opted to keep him over a number of good pickups so hopefully he's going to resume playing (or get an O designation so I can bring Covington back without dropping someone/)

I think you made a wise choice.  Sato still seems to fly under a lot of people's radar, but he's been wonderful on the whole since Wall went down.  It still stands to be determined if the new arrivals will mess with his minutes, but it seems doubtful given the lack of PG depth.  I say enjoy the ride and pat yourself on the back for having him on your roster.  A sneaky valuable asset with a lovely playoff schedule.

• 2 weeks later...
26 minutes ago, droselicious said:

4-4-4 schedule the next 3 weeks. Current owners, what's the pulse on this guy? Is he a better option than say pgs like often injured rubio? Thinking about swapping.

I have both and I'm ranking him higher than Rubio. If you can swap, do it.

2 minutes ago, Basketboss21 said:

I have both and I'm ranking him higher than Rubio. If you can swap, do it.

It might cost me my #1 waiver though. Is it wiser to save it for the rest of the playoffs? I heard someone mention this in another forum.

1 hour ago, droselicious said:

It might cost me my #1 waiver though. Is it wiser to save it for the rest of the playoffs? I heard someone mention this in another forum.

Considering the surprises of fantasy, a better player will likely surface as desperation kicks in and people need to make drops to stay in the playoffs.  Having said that, I am high on Sato.  He has little competition at the PG spot and helps you mostly everywhere, whether you're in a points league or category league.  And yes, the 4-4-4 schedule raises his value that much more. It depends on your needs too, man.  If it's going to be a tight one in the first round I say go for it.  Sato will likely be scooped up by someone else otherwise.  At the end of the day, it's probably not a make-or-break decision, but come playoff time I am thrilled to have Sato on my squad.  Best o' luck to ya.

• Thanks 1
11 hours ago, droselicious said:

BBM has Rubio and Sato almost equal value ros, if that means anything to you. Rubio 63, Sato 68. 

I have a lot of shares of both. Sato's ros are slightly more well rounded than Rubio's, but to a lesser per category magnitude than Rubio in popular categories. 

That said, I think Sato is undervalued. He's still on 30%ish Yahoo waivers and 60% (lol) ESPN waivers. Sato is more likely to be closer to a triple double on a hot night this year than Rubio, and he has less NBA miles and is younger. Sato certainly gets injured less  this year anyway (if at all?). Yahoo rates them both mid-60's ros. 

All that said, I'd rather have Sato ros. Younger. Less injury history. Etc. 

• Thanks 1

I concur with everyone who commented. I put in the claim for sato. But as it stands now I'll be dropping cedi over rubio. They've both become expendable pieces to me. Anyone who I don't feel close to 100% in the playoffs isn't going to be starting. Good points made fellas!

Well I am pretty much out of the play ofsss if he sits tomorrow. 

ibaka 3 games 

butler 1 game

harkless 2 games 

sataronsky 1 game 

too many any people out this week for me 

What are Sato's owners doing with him? The Wizards have 3 games in 4 nights to start off next week and it would be brutal if Sato weren't available for any of them. Would it be too rash to drop him Monday night if he isn't playing and still hasn't been added to IL?

13 minutes ago, Del Rio said:

What are Sato's owners doing with him? The Wizards have 3 games in 4 nights to start off next week and it would be brutal if Sato weren't available for any of them. Would it be too rash to drop him Monday night if he isn't playing and still hasn't been added to IL?

Nope, depends on your position and who your facing. If he’s missing players, then you could eat one game, if not then you may want to drop.

4 hours ago, Del Rio said:

I have him in the standard Yahoo leagues, so he's already in today, I can't do anything about that.  But in a way it makes it simple: if he plays tonight, then he's good right?  If he doesn't play tonight?  I can't risk NOT streaming him tomorrow (meaning, dropping him tonight) to seal the victory.  Maybe he plays Monday, sure, but once you enter the protocol, it's hard to get back out in a hurry.  

So basically, if he plays tonight, cool.  If he doesn't, drop him tonight for another guy tomorrow.  At least he plays today, so we'll know one way or another in three hours.  If he didn't play til tomorrow, it would suck.

• Like 2