NBC Sports Edge Forums

Joakim Noah 2018-2019 Season Outlook

3 minutes ago, tremixt said:

He's 33. He's lost several steps. He wasn't very good in NY. And he hasn't played a game since January. 

Pick up at your own risk. 

Marc Gasol is almost 34 and is having the best season of his career. Anything is possible. 

1 minute ago, HotSauce24 said:

Marc Gasol is almost 34 and is having the best season of his career. Anything is possible. 

And Kareem played until age 41 and averaged 10pts and over a blk.  Since we're using any player as a comparison. 

28 minutes ago, fantasm said:

guess i'll just pick him up and see....everyones been grabbing the backup C's off waivers in my league and im left with harry giles and noah....

Have you looked at Thomas Bryant? He'll be the "starter" for the foreseeable future with Howard being out of commission.

1 minute ago, Russianog said:

He hasn't been very effective with the playing time he's been given so far.

That's true, but if the alternatives are Giles and Noah, then he's like the least smelliest turd. Plus, he's a 2nd round pick playing his 2nd year in the league.

Kieff has been hot lately but Bryant will play when the Wizards need to go big.

• Haha 1

I remember this dude in his prime, the energy, the resilience, the work ethic.. was truly one of my favorite players to watch and players to own in fantasy.  It's hard to imagine that just four (or five years ago?) this dude finished top 5 in MVP voting (I believe he was 3rd).  For his downfall... I absolutely blame Thibs 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, tremixt said:

And Kareem played until age 41 and averaged 10pts and over a blk.  Since we're using any player as a comparison. 

At least stay relevant to the times. 

Same team and same era and year.

Edited by HotSauce24
  • 2 months later...

This dude is killing it coming out of nowhere over the last 5 or so games.  Now that JJJ is sitting out for a hot minute, he could actually put up decent value.  He did so even with Val actually playing well and getting minutes.   

On 2/26/2019 at 12:19 PM, babyfaceassasin said:

This guy or Portis? I hate Scott brooks 

If you need Boards and Blocks, then Noah for sure.

1 hour ago, LuSamSiam said:

Still producing.

Yeah, that he is.  Maybe a slight bit disappointing he didn't get any more minutes with Rabb out, but I'll still take a solid line from 21 minutes.

1 hour ago, KilloWertz said:

If you need Boards and Blocks, then Noah for sure.

Yeah, that he is.  Maybe a slight bit disappointing he didn't get any more minutes with Rabb out, but I'll still take a solid line from 21 minutes.

Don't forget 3 assists for a center. Blocks and assists combo is what's tempting me to drop Gay for Noah.

6 hours ago, PauGaSpurs said:

Don't forget 3 assists for a center. Blocks and assists combo is what's tempting me to drop Gay for Noah.

Man I have the same dilemma. Gay off the bench is going nothing for his fantasy value. As a spurs fan do you think it will continue? I am leaving towards picking Noah up as already in my playoffs.

7 hours ago, adam_magic said:

Man I have the same dilemma. Gay off the bench is going nothing for his fantasy value. As a spurs fan do you think it will continue? I am leaving towards picking Noah up as already in my playoffs.

He just got picked up today.. sigh lol. I wasn't sure if his production will stay consistent ROS given his low minutes. I thought Rabb missing time would lead to more Noah but Bruno and Parsons simply ate some of those minutes up. 

I'm sticking with Gay for a few more games. His recent two games under-27 minutes were because of a b2b and mismatch against a bigger frontcourt.