NBC Sports Edge Forums

Damien Williams 2018 Outlook

joebaker23
Message added by tonycpsu

[Automated message: This outlook thread for the 2018 season will be locked on 2019-01-31. Please finish any 2018 discussions here, and take any 2019 outlook discussions to the 2019 outlook thread . If one does not exist, feel free to create one. Thanks!]

Message added by tonycpsu

[Automated message: This outlook thread for the 2018 season will be locked on 2019-01-31. Please finish any 2018 discussions here, and take any 2019 outlook discussions to the 2019 outlook thread . If one does not exist, feel free to create one. Thanks!]

• Replies 955
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, a Ware injury is possible of course.  Williams would immediately become an RB1/RB2 border. Edit: Opening ESPN projections

Yds: 0/22.6/14.7, TDs: 0.4 (7.9 Points)

Williams is terrible at running the football. The skill that keeps him in the NFL is his pass game chops, specifically pass blocking moreso but he can catch pretty well too. I bet he assumes most of the 3rd down work...which has some value in deeper ppr formats. The other Williams on the roster (rookie that backed up Fornette and Guice at LSU) is much more likely to secure the running back work IF something happened to Ware. Just my .02

Spencer Ware has been working as the third down back (receiving) or the Chiefs a good amount this season. He will be the workhorse without a doubt. Having said that, I might have to add Williams as a handcuff for him down the stretch.

Archived