Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Damien Williams 2018 Outlook


joebaker23
Message added by tonycpsu

[Automated message: This outlook thread for the 2018 season will be locked on 2019-01-31. Please finish any 2018 discussions here, and take any 2019 outlook discussions to the 2019 outlook thread . If one does not exist, feel free to create one. Thanks!]

Message added by tonycpsu

[Automated message: This outlook thread for the 2018 season will be locked on 2019-01-31. Please finish any 2018 discussions here, and take any 2019 outlook discussions to the 2019 outlook thread . If one does not exist, feel free to create one. Thanks!]

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, bigblue592 said:

I think the decision to start him comes down to two things. 1) Your other options and 2) If you’re expected to win or not. 

 

I have a few other solid RB2’s and I feel like the odds are in my favor I’m going to win this week (it is fantasy so who freakin knows though). Therefore, im not risking it with Damien tonight. But if your other options are guys like James White or Derrick Henry and you’re the underdog, then I say swing for the fences with Damien 

 

Agree with your 1) and 2).

 

Don't agree with sitting Henry for this guy. Henry faces the NYG whose run D leaves a lot to be desired. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 955
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, kyoun1e said:

As an aside, anyone else have a gut feel (like me) that this game could be lower scoring than anticipated?

 

Both sides have injuries. Colder weather. LAC very very good against TEs.

 

Thursday games are always a crapshoot, but with Mahomes and Rivers in the game I'd expect some offense to be there.  May not hit the over line (gambling) but I'd expect it to be pretty close if it doesn't go over.

Link to post
Share on other sites

It's just about go time!  

 

Lol at so many of us that have this Williams vs Ingram dilemma.  

 

Let's do this, my brothers and sisters.  Ride or die together on the Williams train.

 

However, I may end up seeing you all later in the Vent and Rant thread with a bucket of bleach prepared.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Gotta love fantasy football. It’s the most important week of the year (at least in my eyes) and I’m starting a guy I never heard of 2 weeks ago! Go Damien... or is it Damon? Wait, there’s a Darrel too?

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, fruitjacket said:

 

No.  No way, but if your choices are James White, Ware and James Connor, you gotta roll with him.

 

Literally my situation.

  • White is too unpredictable with a fully healthy Patriot team
  • Ware (out)
  • Connor (probably out) coaches keep teasing
  • Damien - well, we'll see... the backfield isn't all his...

 

My opponent has Samuels, and ideally, I'd love for Connor to be a surprise active and give them a zero, while I move Connor into my flex (CMC/Barkley = #1/2), but it's just a flex spot right?? I need a floor...might roll with him given my alternatives...10 minutes to decide

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Blight said:

It's just about go time!  

 

Lol at so many of us that have this Williams vs Ingram dilemma.  

 

Let's do this, my brothers and sisters.  Ride or die together on the Williams train.

 

However, I may end up seeing you all later in the Vent and Rant thread with a bucket of bleach prepared.

I'm definitely ending up in the vent thread. Have way too much exposure to this game both for and against 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, GChicago said:

For what it's worth, Bradshaw just said Damien Williams will be carrying the load for Kansas City tonight.  Probably based on nothing, but so has everything else in this thread, so....

 

Please God no one make their decision based on Bradshaw, that is all I ask.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, kyoun1e said:

As an aside, anyone else have a gut feel (like me) that this game could be lower scoring than anticipated?

 

Both sides have injuries. Colder weather. LAC very very good against TEs.

 

Yeah, I feel like every time a game is declared a "potential shootout", it has a less-than-50% chance of actually being a shootout.

 

Injuries and backups starting could turn this into a sloppy, low(ish)-scoring game.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, bendover said:

I'm going Williams over Cohen, decision made mainly because my opponent has Kelce, and I'm hoping to counteract that start. Going to be a tense night. 
Good luck to those rolling Williams tonight, and also to those who go Cohen (or Ingram). 

 

Chargers do an excellent job on Kelce. Don't expect him to have a ceiling game.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, meh2 said:

Gotta love fantasy football. It’s the most important week of the year (at least in my eyes) and I’m starting a guy I never heard of 2 weeks ago! Go Damien... or is it Damon? Wait, there’s a Darrel too?

 

LOL somewhere out there a guy is starting the wrong D. Williams without realizing it. Any who knows, maybe it will pay off for him!

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, fredth3cat said:

 

Yeah, I feel like every time a game is declared a "potential shootout", it has a less-than-50% chance of actually being a shootout.

 

Injuries and backups starting could turn this into a sloppy, low(ish)-scoring game.

Rams/KC lived up to the hype. What a game that was

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.


×
×
  • Create New...