NBC Sports Edge Forums

Damien Williams 2018 Outlook

joebaker23
Message added by tonycpsu

[Automated message: This outlook thread for the 2018 season will be locked on 2019-01-31. Please finish any 2018 discussions here, and take any 2019 outlook discussions to the 2019 outlook thread . If one does not exist, feel free to create one. Thanks!]

Message added by tonycpsu

[Automated message: This outlook thread for the 2018 season will be locked on 2019-01-31. Please finish any 2018 discussions here, and take any 2019 outlook discussions to the 2019 outlook thread . If one does not exist, feel free to create one. Thanks!]

• Replies 955
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Lord_Varys said:

"Is Damien Williams a first rounder?" he asked himself in earnest. He was just as surprised by that question as he was to learn that he was not dreaming when he pinched himself. 

you know I don't speak Spanish <_<

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/chiefs-reportedly-give-damien-williams-a-two-year-extension-worth-up-to-8-1-million/ :
"The extension indicates the Chiefs won't be in the market for an expensive free agent running back in the offseason like, say, Le'veon Bell.
 It's also a reminder that teams can find capable running backs almost anywhere and that Reid's system remains incredibly player friendly. Williams went undrafted out of Oklahoma. He didn't find much success in Miami, averaging just over 300 total yards per season with the Dolphins from 2014-17. Suddenly, he's one of the Chiefs' most important offensive players and the team has already seen enough to commit to him beyond this season".

2019 league winner!!!! :P 

6 hours ago, MrVeth said:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/chiefs-reportedly-give-damien-williams-a-two-year-extension-worth-up-to-8-1-million/ :
"The extension indicates the Chiefs won't be in the market for an expensive free agent running back in the offseason like, say, Le'veon Bell.
 It's also a reminder that teams can find capable running backs almost anywhere and that Reid's system remains incredibly player friendly. Williams went undrafted out of Oklahoma. He didn't find much success in Miami, averaging just over 300 total yards per season with the Dolphins from 2014-17. Suddenly, he's one of the Chiefs' most important offensive players and the team has already seen enough to commit to him beyond this season".

2019 league winner!!!! :P 

This pretty much confirms that the Chiefs will be drafting at least one RB in the middle rounds.

23 minutes ago, Evincar said:

This pretty much confirms that the Chiefs will be drafting at least one RB in the middle rounds.

Which also would confirm that Williams would open the year as the lead back much like Ware was when Hunt was drafted. 

13 minutes ago, ginocan said:

Once again let me remind everyone. Big Red does not do RBBC. Not his coaching style. 

but how does he feel about guys losing their starting spots due to injury? 

need clarity for tomorrow :lol:

2 hours ago, Nyquil247 said:

I’m deciding between Damian, Keenan, and mixon. Do you guys think Williams will start and get most of the play for the chiefs? I know he just got the contract 

I pray I am right as I can really use his type of starting production, but I believe he will start and get the majority of the touches. Spencer Ware, questionable tag and all, will probably be relegated to his role he held while Hunt was still on the team (unless he gets hot and William's goes cold).

Archived