NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Daesean Hamilton 2018 Outlook

munygon2

Message added by tonycpsu

[Thread for previous season automatically locked. Feel free to post a new thread for 2019.]

Hamilton did his job on Sunday - I wouldn't say he was a difference maker - not a lot of YAC. He caught what was thrown and he was single covered in the slot. 

I would not say that Sutton being hurt helps Hamilton. Sutton was getting shaded coverage if not outright double teams. 

All that being said - Hamilton has a golden opportunity to take a starting job going into 2019. He's definitely a worthy add in Keeper/Dynasty settings. 

Sanders has some mileage on him and an Achilles may get him PUP'd the first 6 weeks next year.

17 hours ago, SuperJoint said:

Hamilton did his job on Sunday - I wouldn't say he was a difference maker - not a lot of YAC. He caught what was thrown and he was single covered in the slot. 

I would not say that Sutton being hurt helps Hamilton. Sutton was getting shaded coverage if not outright double teams. 

All that being said - Hamilton has a golden opportunity to take a starting job going into 2019. He's definitely a worthy add in Keeper/Dynasty settings. 

Sanders has some mileage on him and an Achilles may get him PUP'd the first 6 weeks next year.

You don't shadow the slot wr because statistically he can't beat u deep or give u a big chunk play 5yds or less is what a slot wr can get you, 10yds is a big play for s slot wr,. Landry fooled the Browns into gibing him a big payday, thinking he was more than a slot wr because in Miami defenses gave him everything underneath.  Tate was severely underappreciated given he was more than you avg slot wr.

Hamilton should perform about the same this week  if he is peppered with a similar amount of targets and he gets a TD, regardless of who plays on the outside

1 minute ago, dashoe said:

You don't shadow the slot wr because statistically he can't beat u deep or give u a big chunk play 5yds or less is what a slot wr can get you, 10yds is a big play for s slot wr,. Landry fooled the Browns into gibing him a big payday, thinking he was more than a slot wr because in Miami defenses gave him everything underneath.  Tate was severely underappreciated given he was more than you avg slot wr.

Hamilton should perform about the same this week  if he is peppered with a similar amount of targets and he gets a TD, regardless of who plays on the outside

iits a coinflip to me who performs better out of patrick, hamilton, and sutton

You have to be cautious because he's a dark-green rookie but his situation Wk 15 is pretty good. It's always going to be about the QB and Keenum is near-sighted evidently. 

You never know with DEN whether the matchup is good or not because again - Keenum is bothered by a lot of different things. He is consistently mediocre because he believes "the mistake" will cost him his job. 

DHam = high upside, minimal floor. If Rodgers was his QB I'd be a bit more excited.

He's worth a start this week if desperate.

22 minutes ago, Ace_King said:

Was his heavy usage a fluke or a sign of things to come? Do we have any reporting on this?

His usage was not a fluke. Keenum is frightened throwing downfield. The instant a warm body capable of actually doing something (D-Ham) seemed halfway competent in the slot he got 9 targets. 

• Thanks 2

I'm starting him. Lost Sanders and with OBJ out again. Don't even care if all his targets are 5 yards out since it's a PPR league, just need the targets again. I'm feeling semi-confident about it. Picked him up over Pettis. Keenum loves his slot player no matter who it is and generally has trouble with the outside receivers

Edited by trolltoll

3 minutes ago, floppy said:

oakland pretty good against wr.. last home game in oakland.. he has been a good safety blanket for keenum but not sure this is the matchup wanted for championship game.. any other insight?

Overall, Oakland has been good against wide receivers on the outside, but they struggle with slot receivers where Hamilton primarily operates. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, SonataArctica said:

Overall, Oakland has been good against wide receivers on the outside, but they struggle with slot receivers where Hamilton primarily operates. 

I guess if odell sits, im rolling him and Callaway on championship week!!

44 minutes ago, SonataArctica said:

didnt know they struggled against slot receivers.. making my decision more difficult after adding robby anderson and jamaal williams off waivers, ha!

45 minutes ago, floppy said:

didnt know they struggled against slot receivers.. making my decision more difficult after adding robby anderson and jamaal williams off waivers, ha!

I know this isn't the forum for start/sits, but.. you need to start both of those guys over Hamilton for sure. 

• Like 1