NBC Sports Edge Forums

Bryce Harper 2019 Outlook

Where are we ranking Harper if he signs with Philly? Or San Fran?

His current ADP is around 21 which should skyrocket if he signs with the Phillies. That lineup in that park would put up a boatload of fantasy value.

1. Segura

2. Realmuto

3. Harper

4. Hoskins

5. McCutchen

6. Herrera

7. Franco

8. Hernandez

• Like 2
  • Replies 623
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lol I understand some of the criticisms of Bryce and his approach, but to pretend he’s not completely driven to be great and that he’s the “kind of guy who would settle for sitting on the bench for 13

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, meh2 said:

His current ADP is around 21 which should skyrocket if he signs with the Phillies. That lineup in that park would put up a boatload of fantasy value.

1. Segura

2. Realmuto

3. Harper

4. Hoskins

5. McCutchen

6. Herrera

7. Franco

8. Hernandez

Live look at this Phillies fan dreaming of that lineup:

giphy.gif

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
14 minutes ago, meh2 said:

1. Segura

2. Realmuto

3. Harper

4. Hoskins

5. McCutchen

6. Herrera

7. Franco

8. Hernandez

Someone posted in the Hernandez thread that they called him "an ideal leadoff hitter" so I wouldn't be surprised initially to see him up there and then McCutcheon and Realmuto at 5/6. But yeah either way, that's a damn sexy lineup and a great spot for him to hit.  Definitely bumps him up a few spots in my mind. 

https://www.rotoworld.com/baseball/mlb/player-news/headlines#news-8854576

Nationals owner Mark Lerner told NBC Sports Washington on Friday that the team has "moved on" from Bryce Harper.

"Nothing's certainly changed on our end," Lerner said. "We've moved on. As I said back then and we had to. There was no way we could wait around. Bryce, I'm sure will make his decision hopefully in the next few days, but we've filled out our roster and like I said, we wish him nothing but the best." Lerner did note that "there's always that, the door's cracked a little bit," but then added that "we really haven't heard from them in a couple months." The words from the Nats owner don't come as a surprise, as it's looked for a while like Harper wasn't going to be re-signing. The Phillies still look like the heavy favorites for the star outfielder, with the Giants and perhaps the Padres lurking.

Feb 22, 2019, 10:43 AM

And then there was 1. Would be funny if he signs for less than 300. Come On Phils lets lock this guy up already. 

USA Today's Bob Nightengale reports the Phillies are in "deep and serious" negotiations with free agent Bryce Harper.

Phillies owner John Middleton doesn't want to leave Harper's native Las Vegas without a deal, Nightengale notes. Of course, the Phils have long been considered one of the favorites to land the 26-year-old and they've surely had both deep and serious discussions to this point, so it's unclear how much we should read into these latest and deepest talks. But it does sound as though we're nearing a crescendo.

Feb 23, 2019, 7:42 PM
1 hour ago, Dirty Little Birdie said:

To reiterate what some have asked already - Where do we view Harpers ADP if/when he signs with Philly? 

For me, I would take him 5th behind Trout, Mookie, Acuna, and JoRam. That's both standard and dynasty. Each person is different, but my guess is he climbs easily into the top 10. In that park with that lineup and no league adjustment, it's not hard to figure Harper has a baseline of .275/100/30/100 with sky high upside. 

• Like 2
24 minutes ago, adifazio27 said:

For me, I would take him 5th behind Trout, Mookie, Acuna, and JoRam. That's both standard and dynasty. Each person is different, but my guess is he climbs easily into the top 10. In that park with that lineup and no league adjustment, it's not hard to figure Harper has a baseline of .275/100/30/100 with sky high upside. 

can see an argument for taking him at 3. But yeah, he should be a bargain given his current ADP.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, WahooManiac said:

What if he goes reverse Jordan and tries the NBA? That could be our surprise team

He could be the "enforcer with 6 fouls to-give guy".

I'm calling Pistons - Laimbeer 2.0. Might give me a reason to watch that pathetic league.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

If you own Alex Verdugo this would not be a good thing. Hell, Verdugo could end up back in AAA if the Dodgers sign Harper. Though I guess there is an outside chance of a trade if Kershaw is down for any period of time, which may see Verdugo flipped elsewhere. 

It’s really starting to seem like Bryce doesn’t want to play in Philly. Having said that,It would be interesting to posit that Philly might be low balling him (relatively) speaking. They should be at least if they are the only ones offering 10 years. Why on earth would they go over 10-300 if no one else is close?

1 hour ago, Magoo said:

It’s really starting to seem like Bryce doesn’t want to play in Philly. Having said that,It would be interesting to posit that Philly might be low balling him (relatively) speaking. They should be at least if they are the only ones offering 10 years. Why on earth would they go over 10-300 if no one else is close?

2 words: BOR a**

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, Magoo said:

Bryce (and Boras) want their cake and to eat it too. A long term deal with over 31M a year with a West Coast team.

11 hours ago, willie24 said:

I doubt the Giants will be signing him.  He wants a multi year deal the Giants won't give him.  I pray the Dodgers don't get him.  I'd be ok if he went to Philly.  At this point it does sound like he is going to be a Phillie.  

The report is that the Dodgers are also only willing to give a short-term deal.  So at this point (at least according to what has been reported) if he were to sign with LA over the Giants, it would be purely because they allow him to compete now.  If the length of the deal is the issue, then both the Giants AND Dodgers should be out.  All signs point to Philly - this is all just Boras humdrum at this point.

1 hour ago, papaphunk said:

Word in Philly is he / Boras wants an Opt out after 3 years. Machado got one after 5 years. I think Phils should push for 4 years Opt out at a Minimum, that will put him at 30 still in prime of career. 

A three year opt out would be pretty miserable for the Phillies. The team is really improved, but I'm not sure you want to limit your window to just three years.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, adifazio27 said:

A three year opt out would be pretty miserable for the Phillies. The team is really improved, but I'm not sure you want to limit your window to just three years.

Not sure an opt out is such a bad thing for the Phillies. A guaranty if the prime years sounds good.

• Like 2