NBC Sports EDGE Forums

NBA Trade Season 2018-2019

bballshinobi

5 hours ago, J.T. Marlin said:

NO turning down a package of Ball, Kuzma, Ingram, Hart, Zubic and 2 future 1st rd draft picks seems crazy to me.  What better offer are they going to get than that?  What is this monster package that BOS can offer?

Any package from any team seems better when you consider what Pacers without Dipo are doing to the Lakers tonight. 

30 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Why?  He has 2 years and more than 50 million on the books.  He has one of the worst contracts in the NBA.  Charlotte has a ton of those..... I would expect more like Williams and Gilchrist... maybe Bismack.

That is the point. If MEM is serious with rebuild, they can take bad contracts with picks/young players, incentivises both CHA and MEM. I agree with Bismack, he has the next most bloated contract and if they get Gasol, he's redundant with Zeller and Hernangomez in line, though salary matching will force CHA to include one of Monk/MKG and then a pick.

My point basically is that rebuilding teams can shore up picks by taking in bad contracts and clearing up cap space for teams  stuck in perpetual playoff mediocrity, like CHA, DET, etc.

• Root Admin
2 minutes ago, Gile Pile said:

Bullock is 27 and an  expiring contract.  I don't get what Lakers are doing.   It is starting to look like Cleveland last year when management did everything to please the king and ruined the franchise in the process

Trying to make a push for the playoffs I would think.  He's on an expiring and is a pretty good bench player and good shooter.  He's a nice player.  Probably won't have a huge effect in winning a playoff series, but the Lakers need a good push just to get into the playoffs.

5 minutes ago, Gile Pile said:

Bullock is 27 and an  expiring contract.  I don't get what Lakers are doing.   It is starting to look like Cleveland last year when management did everything to please the king and ruined the franchise in the process

This actually looks like they're bracing for an AD trade with multiple players on the way out

2 minutes ago, ellejamil said:

This actually looks like they're bracing for an AD trade with multiple players on the way out

If AD trade does not happen before deadline (it will not imo), this move does not improve Lakers chances to get AD.  They need assets to compete with other offers, not more cap space

Edited by Gile Pile

2 minutes ago, Gile Pile said:

If AD trade does not happen before deadline (it will not imo), this move does not improve Lakers chances to get AD.  They need assets to compete with other offers, not more cap space

Yeah, don’t see how this pushes any traction for an AD trade....questionable move for sure.

5 minutes ago, Gile Pile said:

I also hope Pels hold out until summer. Yes, this will backfire if trade does not happen, which makes me think that the Lakers (or, more likely James and Paul) are going to Godfather Demps. This is in the same vein with the Knicks trading away KP; something must be cooking in the kitchen,

Edited by ellejamil

8 minutes ago, chud12 said:
NBA sources told SN on Tuesday that a potential deal sending the Grizzlies' Marc Gasol to the Hornets is, "probably not" happening. Skepticism on both sides, and no framework in place, despite signs that something was afoot.

Lol Grizzlies going to f--- up a second trade 

Marc Gasol was on the sidelines for Tuesday's win over the Wolves, and the scene was emotional for many fans in attendance.

According to multiple reports, Gasol's locker was in the process of being cleaned out and his number removed from above it, as he's almost certainly played his last game for the Grizzlies. Teammates Mike Conley and JaMychal Green might be in the same boat, but Conley played and hit six 3-pointers tonight. "He brings everybody together, for real, and that’s what he did for us," Jaren Jackson Jr. said after the win. Jackson and Ivan Rabb have a lot to gain when Gasol is moved, which will likely happen on Thursday, if not before.

Something is happening

1 hour ago, PeteM said:

Yeah, don’t see how this pushes any traction for an AD trade....questionable move for sure.

The point is that the AD trade will decimate their depth. Bringing in rotation players for guys who don't play is just a bridge step. They can't replace 5 guys on the buyout market alone.

This has zero to do with the AD trade.  They are fighting for a playoff spot and need floor spacing desperately.  This deal makes them more likely to win games and make the playoffs.

The only relation to possible AD trade is, as @Patrick Bateman mentions, trading away picks isn’t exactly a good sign for an AD trade.

2 hours ago, Gile Pile said:

Nothing new. Lebron preparing to send another franchise into an ice age after he leaves. 

• Like 1

It accomplishes both purposes. It makes KCP even more expendable and I doubt the single second round pick is going to be the dealbreaker in a Davis trade.  

This isn't some flashing signal that a deal will happen but I do think Magic is going to cave to most of the latest demands.

3 minutes ago, calebcjy said:

Sources: Clippers and Sixers have agreed to trade Tobias Harris, Boban Marjanovic, Mike Scott for Landry Shamet, Wilson Chandler, Mike Muscala, 2020 first-rounder, 2021 unprotected 1st via Miami and two second rounders

Who's the pick up? Shamet?