NBC Sports EDGE Forums

NBA Trade Season 2018-2019

bballshinobi

8 hours ago, ellejamil said:

WHAT THE HELL CLIPPERS

This was a fantastic trade by the Clips. Realistically, this team was getting swept in round 1 if they made the playoffs. Competing this year was a mistake and a great story, but they were getting no where in the postseason. Now, if they get anywhere close to executing their offseason plan, they have very valuable chips to make trades and secure stars and room to sign them. Obviously, some franchise is going to be left out of the party in the offseason, but at least the Clippers have a good hand going into it. I guess that is what the NBA has morphed into...make your team superfy-able and keep that window open until you land the star(s). Lakers, Knicks, Clippers are going to be interesting, but you know what trumps all of them is actually winning and GS still holds the best hand going into the offseason, IMO. 

8 hours ago, calebcjy said:

tbh i have no idea, clippers have hella guards

i think Gallo Trez and Lou all get more usage. more usage for bev and SGA, but i dont think any of the new players get a jump

I think the winners are Gallo, Trez, and Lou Will after this trade, but I don't think the Clippers are done yet so it is still a TBD when the deadline passes. I think this is the NBA version of the White Sox White Flag trade and I kind of love it. There was nothing the Clips could accomplish by taking a bunch of rentals (if the plan works) to the postseason and getting demolished in round 1. Literally nothing to gain in the offseason by doing that. 

8 minutes ago, Trade Monster said:

With the 76ers getting another star, you got to believe that the other top teams in the East will make a move to compete with them. Not saying the sixers are favorite, but they did get a lot better.

Lots of chatter on the Bucks end. Rumor is they are targeting Mirotic. No idea who the Celtics would target to get better, but I am hoping they trade Rozier to somewhere he can flourish.

6 minutes ago, mcflywalker said:

Lots of chatter on the Bucks end. Rumor is they are targeting Mirotic. No idea who the Celtics would target to get better, but I am hoping they trade Rozier to somewhere he can flourish.

Mirotic will be perfect there, though I wouldn't know how that would affect his usage. It's low enough at 21%. 

2 minutes ago, ellejamil said:

Mirotic will be perfect there, though I wouldn't know how that would affect his usage. It's low enough at 21%. 

On the Bucks he'd be relegated to the bench. SO it's not ideal as, say, the 1st months with NOLA. But coming off the Bulls bench in the quasi time share with Portis/Lauri, he still produced nice numbers. The guy does work whenever he's on the floor. My bigger concern is his health, to be honest.

For my fellow Rozier owners:

League sources don’t expect the Celtics to move point guard Terry Rozier, who will be a restricted free agent this offseason. Unless Boston is blown away, Rozier is viewed as insurance in case Kyrie Irving leaves, or as a potential sign-and-trade sweetener in a move for Anthony Davis.

That's not to say it won't happen by tomorrow, but just as a heads up if it's nearing 3pm tomorrow and nothing has happened.

7 minutes ago, mcflywalker said:

On the Bucks he'd be relegated to the bench. SO it's not ideal as, say, the 1st months with NOLA. But coming off the Bulls bench in the quasi time share with Portis/Lauri, he still produced nice numbers. The guy does work whenever he's on the floor. My bigger concern is his health, to be honest.

Shoot, I forgot about Brogdon. I thought Mirotic would start with Bled-Khris-Giannis-Mirotic-Lopez

3 minutes ago, ellejamil said:

WHAT

Stanley Johnson's mom isn't even this excited about Stanley Johnson, did your caps lock break?

2 minutes ago, duke of queens said:

Thon Maker is being traded to the Pistons in exchange for Thon Maker.

Hmmm, seems like a lateral move.

• Haha 4

48 minutes ago, Trade Monster said:

With the 76ers getting another star, you got to believe that the other top teams in the East will make a move to compete with them. Not saying the sixers are favorite, but they did get a lot better.

I just don't get the feeling that the elite teams fear the Sixers. Tobias is another weapon, but that roster construction is just not optimal for the Butler and Simmons pairing. I think when they get to the crunch time of the postseason versus the Celtics and Raptors and Bucks they will struggle when those teams can devise a defensive strategy to face them for 7 games. Simmons limitations on offense limit the counter moves the Sixers can make to a defensive strategy. 

If New Orleans wants more than that, there are also rumblings that the Suns could emerge as a third team for Ball—much to his father’s delight—possibly with T.J. Warren and a young player going to the Pelicans. However, a source with knowledge of the trade discussions said the Ball family’s desires have no bearing on how the Lakers or Pelicans will approach negotiations

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, chud12 said:

The Grizzlies are in talks to send Marc Gasol to the Hornets for Bismack Biyombo, Michael Kidd-Gilchrist, and a protected first-round pick, according to league sources. The holdup at this point is the protection on the pick, per a source; it might be enough of an issue to derail the trade entirely

Jeez, the Grizz really messed this one up royally. Gasol is now worth a protected first. Yikes. 

• Like 1

Vincent Ellis: Don’t think this is happening before Thursday, but heard from several people over last couple days that #Nuggets guard (former #Spartan) Gary Harris can be had. When you look at cap sheet, you understand why he might be available when you see the way Malik Beasley is coming on.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, chud12 said:

If New Orleans wants more than that, there are also rumblings that the Suns could emerge as a third team for Ball—much to his father’s delight—possibly with T.J. Warren and a young player going to the Pelicans. However, a source with knowledge of the trade discussions said the Ball family’s desires have no bearing on how the Lakers or Pelicans will approach negotiations

For all the stuff flying around the NBA about AD and the Lakers, the Pelicans have a chance to radically alter their roster and I think this moment might be too big for them. I get waiting on Boston or other teams, but if the young player rebuild approach is what you want than I am not sure you are going to get much better than where you are at right now. It is rare that you can morph your roster, another teams roster, AND have pieces to trade and bring over a good bit from another roster for 1 player. For a small market that can't attract free agents, cherry picking from 3 rosters (including your own) might be as good as it gets. 

• Like 3