NBC Sports EDGE Forums

NBA Trade Season 2018-2019

bballshinobi

Chris Fedor: ICYMI: #Cavs Alec Burks doesn’t want his agent to keep him in the loop on trade chatter, wants to stay in Cleveland; Cavs spent Tuesday engaged with teams on deals for him. The goal (hope?) remains trying to get a first-round pick. Keep an eye on HOU & SA cleveland.com/cavs/index.ssf…

The team is still giving off the impression that it wants to keep its core together, which is nothing new. Its received calls about Bradley Beal all season but hasn’t engaged in trade negotiations, according to sources. Though it hasn’t been nearly as adamant about holding onto Otto Porter, trade talks around the sixth-year forward haven’t picked up much steam,according to sources.

17 minutes ago, chud12 said:

The Grizzlies are in talks to send Marc Gasol to the Hornets for Bismack Biyombo, Michael Kidd-Gilchrist, and a protected first-round pick, according to league sources. The holdup at this point is the protection on the pick, per a source; it might be enough of an issue to derail the trade entirely

Damnit. I just snagged Cody Zeller to finally have a rotation on C and now this... Go join the Euroleague In Dallas!

29 minutes ago, chud12 said:

B)

11 minutes ago, Trench Mob said:

Man... The Sixers are going all-out to lose to the Celtics again in the playoffs lol.

I am a Sixers fan and I agree. It feels like going all in for a roster construction that just doesn't have a high ceiling because you can. Sad to see it play out like this. You spend all of this time to get Embiid and Simmons and then you make the questionable add of Butler to that mix and it is sort of like what was the point of the process if you just go for broke when the first "star" hits the market. 

Simmons limitations on offense still make this team a playoff liability when defensive minded teams can take it to you in the postseason for 7 games. It just feels like the counter moves are limited for the Sixers because of Simmons skill set and the postseason is all about countering your opponent after every game. I would have loved to see them use Simmons to make a run at AD and let Embiid be happy in the paint and AD be happy out of the paint.

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, chud12 said:

I wish I could remember who the poster was in the AD thread that said that Danny Ainge was gonna screw NO in a deal like he does everyone else. This sounds like a classic bait and switch.

12 minutes ago, thezing1 said:

I am a Sixers fan and I agree. It feels like going all in for a roster construction that just doesn't have a high ceiling because you can. Sad to see it play out like this. You spend all of this time to get Embiid and Simmons and then you make the questionable add of Butler to that mix and it is sort of like what was the point of the process if you just go for broke when the first "star" hits the market. 

Simmons limitations on offense still make this team a playoff liability when defensive minded teams can take it to you in the postseason for 7 games. It just feels like the counter moves are limited for the Sixers because of Simmons skill set and the postseason is all about countering your opponent after every game. I would have loved to see them use Simmons to make a run at AD and let Embiid be happy in the paint and AD be happy out of the paint.

The main concern is those picks.

All of those assets for an expiring 'just above average but no where near a max player'  Tobias who never had a good track record in the playoffs to begin with.

Sheesh. No going back now I guess. You guys better win the East at least.

Malika Andrews: A note: Thon Maker and Giannis Antetokounmpo are close friends. Their lockers are next to each other. After Maker’s 5th straight DNP, Giannis said: “Thon is a great guy, great teammate. He wants to help the team and whenever I come out, sub out, he always talks to me.“

Thon Maker is being traded to the Pistons in exchange for Thon Maker.

Maker will help backup Andre Drummond in Detroit, and he might push Zaza Pachulia out of the rotation, but he won't have much fantasy value while the Pistons' frontcourt is healthy.

I don't follow basketball that much but hmm
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Boozted said:

I wish I could remember who the poster was in the AD thread that said that Danny Ainge was gonna screw NO in a deal like he does everyone else. This sounds like a classic bait and switch.

Practically everyone has been saying that. 

Trust Danny Ainge at your own peril.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Golden Spikes said:

Maker will help backup Andre Drummond in Detroit, and he might push Zaza Pachulia out of the rotation, but he won't have much fantasy value while the Pistons' frontcourt is healthy.

Odd trade. I've never seen a guy traded for himself.

• Haha 3

21 minutes ago, Golden Spikes said:

Impossible to lose this trade

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, chud12 said:
Marc Stein: Memphis is said to be seeking multiple first-round picks in exchange for Conley … and we have seen two deals in the last week (Porzingis and Tobias) that had teams (Dallas and Philly) willing to go to those lengths

Nobodys giving them multiple 1st round picks for Conley on that contract. Unless maybe they have a God awful contract coming back. Like a nick Batum type contract