• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dodging these lackluster adds like    

Just you.  I’m doing every 15 min. 

Something to consider before both season/fantasy trade deadline arrives is what players to target for playoffs scheduling if you have a good outlook of making playoffs already . Last year was sittin

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Gohawks said:

Regardless, I think Bucks are winning the east. They have the best player in the east and the best all around team.

Team, probably. They've been so good because of their 3 point shooting. But jury still out on Giannis in the playoffs. 

The Heat are finally dumping those contracts. Woot woot. But :lol: at Ryan Anderson.

I'm gonna miss Ellington though.

Now, find a suitor for Whiteside. I'm begging you Riley. 

Edited by Trench Mob
16 minutes ago, Trench Mob said:

Team, probably. They've been so good because of their 3 point shooting. But jury still out on Giannis in the playoffs. 

Eh, not really. Sure, jury is still out but not in the same sense as for some other guys. This is only the second year he’s been considered elite and last year he didn’t have a coach. If Bucks fail to make it out of the second round than maybe but I really think Giannis will be a top 5 player all time when it’s said and done. 

4 hours ago, Boozted said:

I wish I could remember who the poster was in the AD thread that said that Danny Ainge was gonna screw NO in a deal like he does everyone else. This sounds like a classic bait and switch.

Of all the GMs in the league, the only one I wouldn't wait on to become eligible for my player is Danny Ainge. There is no doubt Ainge can acquire assets, but there has never been an example of him dishing out assets anywhere close to the talent level he acquires. The Pelicans have the Lakers offering their entire roster and picks. I do not know why you are waiting on Ainge who will have leverage at that point. The Lakers literally can not offer you any more than they already are offering. You are getting to cherry pick an entire roster. Ainge will give you Tatum, Yabusele and some snake oil and call it a wrap...if you are lucky.   

• Like 4
18 minutes ago, thezing1 said:

Of all the GMs in the league, the only one I wouldn't wait on to become eligible for my player is Danny Ainge. There is no doubt Ainge can acquire assets, but there has never been an example of him dishing out assets anywhere close to the talent level he acquires. The Pelicans have the Lakers offering their entire roster and picks. I do not know why you are waiting on Ainge who will have leverage at that point. The Lakers literally can not offer you any more than they already are offering. You are getting to cherry pick an entire roster. Ainge will give you Tatum, Yabusele and some snake oil and call it a wrap...if you are lucky.   

While I pretty much agree with everything you said I’d argue that waiting to get Tatum is actually not a bad move because Tatum is a better asset than anything in the Lakers offer. Hell I’d argue that he’s even a better asset than the number one pick this year(Zion).

12 minutes ago, Boozted said:

While I pretty much agree with everything you said I’d argue that waiting to get Tatum is actually not a bad move because Tatum is a better asset than anything in the Lakers offer. Hell I’d argue that he’s even a better asset than the number one pick this year(Zion).

Is there anything Tatum do besides shoot like Kuzma though? Hes not a playmaker nor is a good defender. I think people are underestimating how big of an impact Brad Stevens makes to players

17 minutes ago, Boozted said:

So if Kyrie walks, which is why they want to keep Rozier as insurance, are you really dealing your top young player for another rental situation with AD? Hayward really handicapped that roster. Honestly, the Celtics are kind of afterthoughts if they don't do anything special this postseason. Their window can be shut if Kyrie walks and they are left holding the bag on Hayward's horrible contract and Horford's aging body. The window to compete for championships is really small, especially if you don't make bold moves. Holding all of these draft picks and thinking you will control all of these players doesn't take away the fact that you can only play 5 guys at a time. 

• Like 4

Adrian Wojnarowski
As the Knicks run out of time to find a trade for center Enes Kanter and his $18.6M expiring deal, discussions on a contract buyout are expected to begin as soon as the deadline passes on Thursday at 3 PM ET, league sources tell ESPN.

10 minutes ago, chud12 said:

Adrian Wojnarowski
As the Knicks run out of time to find a trade for center Enes Kanter and his $18.6M expiring deal, discussions on a contract buyout are expected to begin as soon as the deadline passes on Thursday at 3 PM ET, league sources tell ESPN.

Anybody know roughly how long buyouts and getting claimed/clearing the waivers takes?

26 minutes ago, mcflywalker said:

Anybody know roughly how long buyouts and getting claimed/clearing the waivers takes?

"Waivers is a 48-hour period where teams are allowed to bid for the player."

1 hour ago, thezing1 said:

So if Kyrie walks, which is why they want to keep Rozier as insurance, are you really dealing your top young player for another rental situation with AD? Hayward really handicapped that roster. Honestly, the Celtics are kind of afterthoughts if they don't do anything special this postseason. Their window can be shut if Kyrie walks and they are left holding the bag on Hayward's horrible contract and Horford's aging body. The window to compete for championships is really small, especially if you don't make bold moves. Holding all of these draft picks and thinking you will control all of these players doesn't take away the fact that you can only play 5 guys at a time. 

I’d rather be in this situation vs what about 28 other teams have going on.