NBC Sports Edge Forums

Carlos Correa 2019 Outlook

4 hours ago, Cesare13 said:

The teams being oddly quiet and pretty vague about this one.  All I can gather is that’s he was fine, went home for a day and got his own “treatment” there, whatever the hell that means.  Now his ribs are “sore”.   No mention of anything baseball related to injure it.  They were much more informative on Altuve.  So pretty much, this ranges from “back by the weekend” to “out for the year”.  If it’s the ladder, I’d rather he didn’t play at all then read the dreaded “the astros believe the injury affected his swing” after 2 months of .215 baseball. But that’s just fear mongering on my part.

Overreact much?

“With Carlos, yesterday was a scheduled off-day, and he felt great,” Astros manager AJ Hinch said. “He went home and woke up this morning and was doing some things at home and getting treatment, and reported some soreness around his rib and alerted us. He was in the lineup, so I took the lineup down before [the media] came in the clubhouse and re-made it. He’s unavailable.”

Edited by sportsfreak2744
  • Haha 1
  • Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Souza Jr already won it when he tore every single connected ligament and fiber running in a straight line.

This guys such a joke lol. He's either hurt or batting .212, next Arod lol? Get tfoh haha

31 minutes ago, sportsfreak2744 said:

Overreact much?

“With Carlos, yesterday was a scheduled off-day, and he felt great,” Astros manager AJ Hinch said. “He went home and woke up this morning and was doing some things at home and getting treatment, and reported some soreness around his rib and alerted us. He was in the lineup, so I took the lineup down before [the media] came in the clubhouse and re-made it. He’s unavailable.”

Back by the weekend and out for the season means there is no information from medical staff(not hinch), so for all we know as of this point is that we dont know a thing. 

41 minutes ago, Cesare13 said:

Back by the weekend and out for the season means there is no information from medical staff(not hinch), so for all we know as of this point is that we dont know a thing. 

So what good is you saying that?  Especially when we know he "felt great" the day before?

Edited by sportsfreak2744
52 minutes ago, sportsfreak2744 said:

So what good is you saying that?  Especially when we know he "felt great" the day before?

Someone asked if anyone knew anything.  I shared what i read on twitter just in case that person dodnt read it and commented on it. Im sorry this is such an issue for you. 

1 minute ago, NoHablaIngles said:

3-4 weeks seems light for a cracked rib but im no doctor

I was just thinking the same thing.  Man,this sucks.  Maybe they mean 3-4 without baseball activity not 3-4 before hes back.  Not a doctor.

15 minutes ago, Cesare13 said:

I was just thinking the same thing.  Man,this sucks.  Maybe they mean 3-4 without baseball activity not 3-4 before hes back.  Not a doctor.

4-6 according to bleacher report

Edited by Cesare13

Astros GM Jeff Luhnow told reporters that Carlos Correa's rib fracture occurred at his home on Tuesday morning.

Lunow declined to get into specifics, deferring to Correa to divulge further information about how exactly the injury came about. The star shortstop was placed on the injured list Wednesday and is expected to miss around 4-6 weeks. Alex Bregman will probably get regular starts at short while Correa is sidelined, with Jack Mayfield covering second base in the absence of Jose Altuve, who recently had a setback with his surgically-repaired right knee. Myles Straw could also factor in.