NBC Sports Edge Forums

Biggest Busts of 2018

oresteszero

Sammy Watkins

What a tease he was this year on the KC offense.  He was either injured or invisible then his useful games were likely on your bench.  

Anyone who was excited for his KC signing this year and even hoped he would overtake Hill was disappointed.  

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Zak0221 said:

Sammy Watkins

What a tease he was this year on the KC offense.  He was either injured or invisible then his useful games were likely on your bench.  

Anyone who was excited for his KC signing this year and even hoped he would overtake Hill was disappointed.  

Hasn't that been Sammy Watkins's story his whole career? He's always been a tease that does well when he's on your bench. Just another normal year for him.

Just now, RedRaider27 said:

Hasn't that been Sammy Watkins's story his whole career? He's always been a tease that does well when he's on your bench. Just another normal year for him.

He was even bigger tease this year because he 'arrived' on a real offensive team that paid him WR1-ish money.  So everyone thought stars were aligning compared to Buffalo or being like the 4th option in LA.  

You are correct though, he continued to do what he has always done but he is always a case of 'maybe this is the year' hence why bust again. 

48 minutes ago, mpaynejr said:

Jordan Howard and Henry when I needed them the first 13 weeks of the season in my new dynasty.

doug Baldwin was super disappointing also.

You can’t rewrite history on DHs first 13 weeks.  They stunk other than when he fell into the end zone a couple times. 

Him and Howard definitely torpedoed my dynasty this year, I had way bigger expectations for them.  Happy to own him for next year though.

@DerrickHenrysCleats

How about this team I managed to put together:

2 Howard

3 Cooper

4 Jamaal Williams

5 Josh Gordon

6 Trey Burton

7  Dion Lewis

While Cooper (and Gordon to a degree) eventually produced, it killed the first half of the season.

Just now, 1972Miamidolphins said:

What about Beckham and Conner, both studs but nowhere to be found when it really matters

You didn’t spend any draft capital on Conner, and OBJ was okay for half the year (still disappointing compared to the other WRs drafted around him).

If you’re judging on who is nowhere to be found when it matters, the top of the list would be Kareem Hunt.

1 hour ago, cizastro said:

Put me down for Fournette.  Had high expectations and apparently the weight of those expectations snapped his hammy and made him useless for most of the season.

Me too. I had useless Larry in both of my money 💰 leagues. 

My Yahoo 10 team money league somehow I made it to the finals.

My first 10 picks of this draft

9. Hopkins

12. Fournette

Mckinnon

Evans

Henry 

Miller

Graham 

Hyde

Agholor

Round 10 Cousins 

team of busts 

I traded Hopkins in Week 7 for Mack & TY 

55 minutes ago, Evincar said:

People were expecting him to be Mahomes or at least the top scoring QB by a decent margin based on how good he was in 2017. He's still had a good year but relative to his ADP and how deep QB was this season I'll call him a bust.

ha he was drafted as 5th qb off board and he will finish as the 6th ranked qb once he passes cam. yep that's a bust smh

11 minutes ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

You didn’t spend any draft capital on Conner, and OBJ was okay for half the year (still disappointing compared to the other WRs drafted around him).

If you’re judging on who is nowhere to be found when it matters, the top of the list would be Kareem Hunt.

Forgot about kareem "hotel hunger games" hunt

51 minutes ago, Zak0221 said:

He was even bigger tease this year because he 'arrived' on a real offensive team that paid him WR1-ish money.  So everyone thought stars were aligning compared to Buffalo or being like the 4th option in LA.  

You are correct though, he continued to do what he has always done but he is always a case of 'maybe this is the year' hence why bust again. 

Watkins deceived me for cooks, thinking cooks was taking the Watkins role, well, I learned Watkins is Watkins no matter what team

21 minutes ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

2018 All-Bust Team

QB: Rodgers

RB: Bell

RB: Fournette

WR: Baldwin

WR: Hogan

TE: Gronk

Flex: David Johnson

K: Gostkowski

DST: Jaguars

I drafted three of these guys (Bell, Fournette, Jax). Bust city. Took me about 80 roster moves, but I'm still in the 'ship!

Fournette gets an extra noodge for taking up roster space all year, starting three games and not finishing them (including last week in the damned semis), but having a couple RB1-worthy games right before that so it's hard to sit him. Nightmare pick.

1 hour ago, Zak0221 said:

Anyone who was excited for his KC signing this year and even hoped he would overtake Hill was disappointed

Wat

Who thought he had any chance to overtake Hill???

I drafted Gronk in the second round in 2 leagues. I probably would've won both if I hadn't done that. Ironically, this would've been the year that having a top tier TE (ie. Ertz or Kelce) would've been a huge advantage. Unfortunately, Gronk was not that guy.

I thought he would be the Pats focal point given their lack of receivers. I thought he was fully healthy and had one more year in him before everything caught up with him. I was wrong.

2 minutes ago, cs3 said:

Wat

Who thought he had any chance to overtake Hill???

There were definitely people, on this board and so-called "experts", who were touting the narrative that Hill was a gadget guy that relied on big plays, that he would inevitably have major regression when he stopped hitting on so many bombs, and that Watkins fit a more stereotypical WR1 role. 

11 minutes ago, poweiner said:

Really just everyone I drafted in my 10 team league when the season began:

Doug Baldwin, McKinnon, Fournette, Delanie Walker, Crowder, Sammy Watkins, Keelan Cole

I forgot about Crowder. "Alex Smith is a checkdown machine! PPR maven!" Yeah that didn't happen lol

Devonta Freeman.  I took him near the end of Round 2 in a 0.5 PPR.  He played two games and ended up with single-digit points in both.  I even drafted Coleman later on as insurance but Coleman wasn't too great either outside of a couple huge games.

Archived