NBC Sports Edge Forums

Biggest Busts of 2018

oresteszero

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, bhawks489 said:

Not really a bust of where he was going but I thought keelan Cole would make some noise this year. Turns out all the jags are mute

I like the thinking here. This is one where, yeah, he was drafted in the 10th-12th round but after where he finished, owners had realistic expectations that they were getting a steal. In terms of hype, momentum situation, he is a big bust.

9 minutes ago, bhawks489 said:

Not really a bust of where he was going but I thought keelan Cole would make some noise this year. Turns out all the jags are mute

Speaking of which, did anyone expect Jacksonville Jaguars defense to completely flat out BUST after last season. My god. Luckily it was easy to acquire Bears D early in the season for free.

1 minute ago, Corey In Da House said:

Speaking of which, did anyone expect Jacksonville Jaguars defense to completely flat out BUST after last season. My god. Luckily it was easy to acquire Bears D early in the season for free.

It just goes to show you that it's not worth it to invest a single round pick into a defense. I know we'll probably have that discussion about the Bears next season lol.

1 minute ago, abrunn11 said:

I had big plans for Chris Thompson in my PPR league as I had him rated as a top 15 back.  Easily my biggest bust this year.

Oof I picked Thompson / CJA / TY Montgomery in a ton of best balls thinking I was getting a steal.

NOPE

3 minutes ago, FF4life said:

How the hell is David Johnson a bust?

He's literally an RB1

Don't know if I'd call him a bust either but Im staying away for the first time next year.  Maybe more on a personal note but he just hasn't returned investment value for my team for two years straight now.  I just think there will be too many more appealing options around him on the draft board next year to roll the dice a third time.

1 hour ago, 1972Miamidolphins said:

What about Beckham and Conner, both studs but nowhere to be found when it really matters

Even if he was a high pick, Conner helped you make playoffs in the first place. Even someone like Gurley is probably going to let owners down in championship week.

18 minutes ago, FF4life said:

He's literally an RB1

You are looking way too much into overall stats. He's played the entire season as a focal point of an offense,  so yes, he should be an RB1. But since we are on the stats topic, do you know that he has scored more than 20 points in a game just twice (20, 39). He has had 7 games with fewer than 13 points. He did not help you win anything. He was serviceable. I don't want my Top 5 pick to be serviceable. I want him to be Tyreek Hill. Yes, I'll take the inconsistencies, but I know he'll win me 3-4 weeks. DJ probably helped you win one week and was a serviceable option for you the rest of the season. If you run down how many times he was RB1 on any given week, you'll be disappointed.

There's an expectation with DJ. He did not come close to that expectation.

1 hour ago, colepenhagen said:

ha he was drafted as 5th qb off board and he will finish as the 6th ranked qb once he passes cam. yep that's a bust smh

Fantasypros lists him as the consensus #2 QB. He's only 9th in PPG (10th if you count Fitzpatrick)

54 minutes ago, FF4life said:

He's literally an RB1

As a fellow owner, he was the catalyst in a victory only twice this season.

...compared to the rbs that went after him >>> the decision was a big miscue.

1 hour ago, nonstopfan said:

I like the thinking here. This is one where, yeah, he was drafted in the 10th-12th round but after where he finished, owners had realistic expectations that they were getting a steal. In terms of hype, momentum situation, he is a big bust.

Cole also had a huge Week 2 with a 7-116-1 line. A performance like that encourages you to flex a guy for a couple more weeks, but that was by far his best game of the season.

Guys who start off hot and then trail off halfway through the season can hurt you more than guys who never produce.  Thielen has had one week-winning game since the Vikings’ Week 10 bye, but I doubt many of his owners sat him for the Week 15 dud.

Dud's...Sux or hurt doesn't matter. If you drafted these guys you probably are not reading this on Championship week!

RB

Bell

D Johnson

Hunt

Fornette

Hyde

D Freeman

R Freeman

A Collins

Jay Ajayi

J Mccinnon

K Drake

M Lynch

R Penny

WR

O Beckem

AJ Green

J Landry

C Davis

J Gordon

S Sheppard

D Baldwin

K Stills

A Robinson

W Fuller

N Agholor

K Benjaman

S Watkins

D Funchess

M Jones Jr

M Goodwin

C Hogan

TE

J Reed

Gronk

J Graham

T Burton

K Rudolph

G Olsen

J Doyle

T Eifert

ASJ

D Walker

QB

Rodgers

Brady

Newton

Wilson

Cousins

A Smith

Stafford

Bortles

Dalton

Mariota

Flacco

Rosen

Garopollo

Tanneyhill

Nobody drafted and was high pre season about Landry? 

Well I did. And a bust he was. 

RB: Drake, all the talks from the coaches about giving him all the carries he can handles. Well Gore ended up a far better option on that team. So either he sucks or coaches don’t know what they are doing. I’d say both. 

1 hour ago, oresteszero said:

Alex Collins and Fournette are two of the biggest RB busts this year for sure

Collins was actually a serviceable RB2 who performed in line with his ADP before “Gus Edwards” stole his job and he wound up on IR. He was the RB18 or something entering that Bengals game. The issue with him was that he was on the bench for most of his big games because he consistently demonstrated a low yardage floor and kept scoring TDs in tough matchups, when the experts were fading him.  If you played him every week and then dropped him after the Bengals game he returned okay value compared to, say, Ajayi (who was the next RB selected in my draft).

Archived