NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Yasiel Puig 2019 Outlook

countseth

I've been enjoying the ride, but partially in hopes I can sell.  I think he'll still be a solid HR and SB combo contributor which is super valuable but 23:4 K:BB over the past month worries me that the rest will continue to be streaky.

21 minutes ago, Baur10 said:

I've been enjoying the ride, but partially in hopes I can sell.  I think he'll still be a solid HR and SB combo contributor which is super valuable but 23:4 K:BB over the past month worries me that the rest will continue to be streaky.

I wouldn't worry too much about that. His 3 year avg is a .47 BB/K rate. His 3 year avg for batting average is also a pretty consistent .264. Assuming he gets his average back to where it usually sits, he'd hit around .290 the rest of the way. HR and SB are on a nice pace so far, but the counting stats aren't where we'd like them to be. Gennett is on a rehab assignment and Votto/Suarez/Winker should perform better than they have, Suarez specifically. It might be a week or two late to buy, but I think we on the cusp of a nice hot streak to get him back to where he usually is. For as inconsistent that he seems to be, his last two years have been very similar production and I think he'll get back there with an uptick barring injury. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, GriffeySwag said:

Never lost confidence in him.

Finally paying off. Top 30 over the last month

He's #9 in my OBP league ranker over the past 30. Gotta imagine he'll continue to have streaks both cold and hot but for right now he's carrying me

17 minutes ago, bigboyish said:

Anyone know why he is DTD on Yahoo?

Puig is out of the lineup for Sunday's game against the Rockies due to knee soreness, Mark Sheldon of MLB.com reports.

• Thanks 3

Another good performance last night for Puig. In the past 30 days he is hitting .378 AVG, 1.246 OPS with 10 HR. This dude was a beast in the second half last year and it seems to be happening again this year. He's paying off big time now, for those who held onto him.

• Like 3

ROS will have more value than da Judge, just saying......

Dude is streaky we know it but even with another cold one, he is having a career year and a roto dream if you own him!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

RW blurb says Puig is a strong candidate to be traded. Anyone with any ideas as to who he might be dealt to?

Depends on who you think will be buying, because teams like the Indians who might have a need may also be dealing.  The only real buyer where Puig may fit right now, for me at least, is the A's and possibly the Cubs.

1 minute ago, tonycpsu said:

Worse park, slightly better lineup. Hopefully the change of scenery (and the rest he gets with the likely suspension) wakes up his bat, which has been dormant for a couple of weeks.

Could help his SB numbers though. 

Where does he slot in the lineup though. I'm assuming Reyes will bat cleanup. Does he bat 6th behind JRam?