Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

LMFAOOOOO  

In related news: The Titanic set sail on this date in 1912

Well that's not promising. 

Posted Images

On 5/22/2019 at 8:06 PM, Cdub2k said:

If he can string together 5 straight good outings you might be able to unload him in a trade. 

Ok Maybe 5 games was asking too much. Maybe if he can string 3 good outings together you might be able to unload him in a trade

1 hour ago, hangin n wangin said:

What is there to even like? He’s been nothing short of abysmal.

you might as well go get Nick Pivetta. Same s---.

Dont talk s**t, in his past 3 starts before today he'd K'd 25. Today only 2 walks in 7, but seems like he threw too many strikes today lol. Still should be held in anything bigger than 12 teams, below I can see dropping.

• Like 1

WHIP murderer.

One of the reasons I always thought fip and xfip were overrated.  Even I can walk on on a MLB diamond, pitch 9 innings and not walk one batter.  Seriously.  I would also give up 60 hits and 45 runs.  Walks allowed are a major component of those two statistics.

2 hours ago, swfcdan said:

Dont talk s**t, in his past 3 starts before today he'd K'd 25. Today only 2 walks in 7, but seems like he threw too many strikes today lol. Still should be held in anything bigger than 12 teams, below I can see dropping.

Sorry, I just hate him so much.

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, adifazio27 said:

Knowing Darvish, he's definitely throwing a perfect game tonight and NONE of us will have him in the lineup. 

I was thinking about starting him just because I have a feeling this will happen - but I can't. Looking at his game log, I'm not even sure why I've kept him on my roster in a QS league - only has 3 QS in 10 starts this season.

I'm not a huge fan of sitting pitchers in head to head because wins and K's are needed for the week. But Dervish on a Monday at Coors? No thank yu. I would rather eat 5 whole ghost peppers and go through that misery rather than relying on this blind idiot to find the strike zone in basically a war zone for pitchers.

Edited by hangin n wangin
2 minutes ago, 20Duval904 said:

6 IP, 6 H, 0 BB, 4 ER, 3 K, ND isn’t as awful as I was expecting. Still didn’t start him, though.

Probably goes to my bench again this weekend for his start at Dodger Stadium.  

I started him, and agree it could have been worse. Would have liked more Ks, but no BBs and 6 hits in 6 IP, so WHIP was solid.

• Like 1

I'm also going to bench Darvish against LAD. But, there's not many SP I'm willing to start against LAD anyway, so that's no loss. Darvish has been showing good improvement in 5 of his last 6 starts. Looking forward to him gaining ground in the second half of the season. 

this guy has left a sour taste in many peoples mouth, which is understandable but this guy has actually been 'turning the corner for the past 7 starts, this guy should now be considered your solid SP3-4. I know it feels weird to consider him that given his start but he's earned some respect back

• Like 1