Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

LMFAOOOOO  

In related news: The Titanic set sail on this date in 1912

Well that's not promising. 

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, AlexxelA said:

Where would Darvish be a good pick?  Rankings I'm using show 129, but that seems high.

Seems about right, I'd say he'd make a good pick anywhere in the 130s.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/11/2019 at 12:55 PM, fawkes_mulder said:

best stuff ever*

Might be even more of a negative jinx than best shape ever.

Good luck folks.  

8 hours ago, B&F said:

Might be even more of a negative jinx than best shape ever.

Good luck folks.  

I'm aboard the Hype Train in my NL only league. He's my #2 SP. Cross my fingers and hope not to die!

Thrilled to see his next start is in Milwaukee at Miller Park.

All I can do is throw up my hands and admit guilt for taking more than a flier on him. But this does remind me of when David Price got blown up last year, it was drop city for him and it turned out he was just playing Fornite too much.....I wish likewise there was something redeemable for 75 pitches, 7 walks over 2 innings of work.

Edited by PhilaFanBoy
3 hours ago, PhilaFanBoy said:

Thrilled to see his next start is in Milwaukee at Miller Park.

All I can do is throw up my hands and admit guilt for taking more than a flier on him. But this does remind me of when David Price got blown up last year, it was drop city for him and it turned out he was just playing Fornite too much.....I wish likewise there was something redeemable for 75 pitches, 7 walks over 2 innings of work.

He has NEVER been the same since his injury.  I don't know why Theo went after him but Theo sometimes gets carried away with "feeding the beast" as he put it once trying to explain some mega-bad moves he made back in Boston.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, johnnyboy8102 said:

7 Walks? I thought I was watching Tyler Chatwood out there. 

What happened to Chatwood?  Don’t want my fresh computer to have a Tyler Chatwood in the search so I’ll delegate elsewhere.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
4 hours ago, Cmilne23 said:

What happened to Chatwood?  Don’t want my fresh computer to have a Tyler Chatwood in the search so I’ll delegate elsewhere.

He walked 95 batters in 103.1 innings last season. When I saw Darvish walk 7 in 2 innings yesterday I felt like I was reliving Chatwood’s starts from last season. 

• Haha 2

It was cold and windy I watched his portion of the game (as I bought him in my main league) and teams were bundled, rangers guys had the hoodies etc - wind was 25-30mph.  He just didnt seem to have a feel or command,   

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Fantasy Baseball Geek said:

The panic here after one start is pretty amusing. There were 19 walks issued in that game yesterday. Could be weather conditions, umpire with a bad zone... who knows? But it was just one start. I'd give him a few more before really panicking. 

That's a fair statement for sure. In a shallow leagues I cut him. Plenty of solid options there and I'm glad I didn't bother with him in the deeper ones. Still think he could have solid profit margin at his ADP. I think it's somewhat fair to say a lot of the upside seems to be going away with him.

I didn’t see much of said debacle last night but I looked at the Baseball Savant page and it didn’t look like he was missing horribly. There were definitely calls that didn’t go his way but when you are struggling to find the zone you don’t get calls. I think there is cause for concern but we should give it a few games before jumping off a bridge. Unfortunately I’m not sure the next start will be a lot better. You know the Brewers are going to make him find the plate. And when he does they will make him pay if he doesn’t have his A game.