• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

LMFAOOOOO  

In related news: The Titanic set sail on this date in 1912

Well that's not promising. 

Posted Images

Haven't considered dropping yet, but definitely benching until further notice. He's racking up Ks so the stuff is still there, but his control is terrible right now. He's been channeling his inner Ebbie Calvin Nuk Laloosh so far this season.

He walked 18.

A NEW league record.

He struck out 18.

Another NEW league record.

Edited by bradwatson
Edit
10 minutes ago, bradwatson said:

Haven't considered dropping yet, but definitely benching until further notice. He's racking up Ks so the stuff is still there, but his control is terrible right now. He's been channeling his inner Ebbie Calvin Nuk Laloosh so far this season.

Exactly. Still has good movement on his pitches, it's not like they're going straight down broadway.

But that's the issue. He has no idea where they're headed.

Big time lack of command going on.

He sucks right now. He is hitting my bench for a while. I hope that the warmer weather helps him find his command. I watched the game and his pitches have good movement, but he has no feel for the pitches. He sent a two-seamer to the backstop. He is a hold and bench for a bit in my opinion.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, corey_rideout said:

I missed what was a bad first inning but he just went though the heart of the dbacks order in the 3rd with ease (and 2 K's).

That would be Escobar>Peralta>Jones 

Edited by arthurpete
5 minutes ago, arthurpete said:

That would be Escobar>Peralta>Jones 

Not the best 3-4-5 in baseball but good, veteran bats that know how to put up a quality AB and have had success for the last few years. Peralta would hit middle of the lineup on any team and Adam Jones is showing he hasn't dropped off as much as some might of thought. 

I know everyone (including me) hates Darvish right now but if you look at his 2017 stats, he had a very similar month in July (7.20era 1.47whip) but was great every other month. You guys think Darvish will turn it around?

3 minutes ago, Junkie Cosmonaut said:

Considering that’s where the downward spiral basically started, I’m going to take them into consideration.

So you believe this is who is is now? And the days of 3.5era are over? Just curious because I'm deciding whether to hold or not.

That will likely be all for Yu tonight. 

6 IP, 2 H, 1 ER, 4 BB, 8 K

will earn the W unless the Cubbies bullpen completely implodes. 

I think he’s going to continue to be a risk to mess up your ratios, but the Ks and chances for Ws playing for a good team will make him worth holding. 

It’s amazing that he’s been around this long with umpteen different coaches, and no can get him to whittle down how many different pitches he throws and not nibble around the zone. With him hitting 98 this year paired with his offspeed stuff he should be in attack mode the minute he steps on the mound. Maybe he needs a veteran catcher to copilot him to success. 

• Like 2

I'll take the result tonight given that he was over 50 pc through 2 innings.  I can't watch his starts anymore though.  seems like every time I tune in he's walking a pitcher or nibbling 0-2 into a full count

Edited by ragrag
On 4/28/2019 at 4:44 AM, ragrag said:

I'll take the result tonight given that he was over 50 pc through 2 innings.  I can't watch his starts anymore though.  seems like every time I tune in he's walking a pitcher or nibbling 0-2 into a full count

I haven't tuned in once since his opening start, still having nightmares about it. One guy I'll just check stat lines on and read reports, my heart will thank me for it.

On 4/28/2019 at 4:57 AM, mavsfan23 said:

39 called+swinging strikes on 110 pitches is encouraging though. 

Called strikes? Why is that relevant as a positive lol, every pitcher will get those.

• Haha 1