NBC Sports Edge Forums

Yu Darvish 2019 Outlook

2 hours ago, swfcdan said:

I haven't tuned in once since his opening start, still having nightmares about it. One guy I'll just check stat lines on and read reports, my heart will thank me for it.

Called strikes? Why is that relevant as a positive lol, every pitcher will get those.

https://www.pitcherlist.com/csw-rate-an-intro-to-an-important-new-metric/

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

LMFAOOOOO  

In related news: The Titanic set sail on this date in 1912

Well that's not promising. 

Posted Images

Seems like a few good starts in a row for the Cubs, and Darvish’s last start was encouraging. I don’t have a bench so he’s penciled in all year, but I might do it even if I had a choice. If he keeps hitting 98 all year, I’d like to think he can translate that to success. 

I was big on him this ore-season. Oops.

Don’t think he’s worth a roster spot at this point.  If you can carry him on the bench I get hoping for a rebound, but streaming or a strong middle reliever seem more likely to return positive value, at least in less than 15 team sized leagues 

Ok so he has 1 bad start from the past 4 and let’s jump off the ship? Even old prime Yu would have starts like this here and there.

Velocity is still there and he says he is healthy. Stuff still looks nasty. I’m holding and believing we are close to prime Yu

13 minutes ago, terminator10 said:

Ok so he has 1 bad start from the past 4 and let’s jump off the ship? Even old prime Yu would have starts like this here and there.

Velocity is still there and he says he is healthy. Stuff still looks nasty. I’m holding and believing we are close to prime Yu

It's actually 5 bad starts out of the last 7. 

1239236654_Screenshot(34).png.fc4a2adbd2eefa0e43e304fcf457f5cd.png

2 hours ago, Ace_King said:

How many walks has this guy issued this year?

According to Rotoworld: "Advice: Once again, control was an issue for Darvish, and sadly, he’s had at least four walks now in every start but one in 2019."

• Thanks 1
5 minutes ago, jseay65 said:

According to Rotoworld: "Advice: Once again, control was an issue for Darvish, and sadly, he’s had at least four walks now in every start but one in 2019."

Wow.

6 minutes ago, Dirty Little Birdie said:

ok lets all agree to give him one more start. if he doesnt put together a quality start with at least 5 ks next outing he's gonzo. 

I'm giving him the next 10 minutes while I figure out which pitcher on the wire to stream tomorrow lol. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1